I need strat for protoss! non-money

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
I need some strategys for non-money maps! I have been playing money i kick at money but i need help with non-money maps. Any tips and strategy are welcome

Zero

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how funny ! everyone can win in money maps, but the real strategy is seen on non money maps.
i always settle strong photon cannon defences and when i am armed enough i use dragoons and zealots, or if i can earn enough i do also some carriers

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Massive photon cannon defences are NOT recommended, there are too many counters too it. Siege tanks, guardians and reavers have longer range than cannons, dark swarm makes all units under the swarm invincible to ranged attacks (goons, cannons) and disruption web disables the cannons (allthough seldomn used)

Besides, if u get enough units u can just walk right through the entire defence.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
My ally was cannon pushed. Died. I was cannon pushed. Killed them, but by that time, it was 2v1 and i got owned.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I know it's an old newb tactic, but to start you off with something else, you could just try the infamous Reaver Drop. It's highly recommended you scout prior to it to avoid being countered, but I'd say 2 templar and a reaver can go a long way to holding back the enemy, if you know how to psi storm the right way.

Teching too hard on small maps like BB just isn't always necissary. If a game gets to the point where your enemies can build nukes, arbs, BCs, or Carriers, than you know it's gone on too long. But if that's the case, Arbiters can really shift the tides of war. Protoss are expensive, you need to micro each and every unit's powers. Spellcasters have saved my ass as Protoss more times than i can think of. High Templar, Arbiters, and Dark Archons (if on BW), are a must in mid-late stages of the game.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
reaver drop wprks well but what i do is cannon rushÜ

TaZeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I only use cannons for two things:
1. If your enemy masses lings.
2. Cheap (no gas) detectors.