I need ret pally help for dps =(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
First I'll link my wowarmory:
The World of Warcraft Armory

I "think" I'm having trouble with getting my dps in heroics/raids nowadays especially after 3.2 patch. Overall, I usually do about 3k~3.5k... and I think it's much possible to get to 4k with the gears I have because my friends with similar gears on their ret pally goes over 4k easily =(. I just tried smacking the heroic dummies in IF and I got 3k dps for 6 minutes *sobs*

Anyone wanna give me tips on how I can improve dps? And yes I do use my trinket + avenging wrath =P

any helps would be appreciatedddd =D

p.s. don't comment on my profession levels =( I know they're very low

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
3k dps on a dummy is kinda normal. And it's inconclusive anyway, in a raid situation your dps will increase a shitton because of all the buffs.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
First, take both fists and slam your keyboard vigorously. Once you feel confident smashing with both hands continuously, try moving onto different rhythms of keyboard smashing. Paradiddles have been shown to increase paladin DPS by the greatest amount!

billgrin

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i know that the ret pallies in my guild have increased their single target dps considerably since patch, maybe have a look on elitist jerk forums to see what rotation is best these days ;o

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
i know that the ret pallies in my guild have increased their single target dps considerably since patch, maybe have a look on elitist jerk forums to see what rotation is best these days ;o
yea i think the rotation is still the same... i tried adding in SoV glyph and capping hit rating, and have been getting consistent 4k~4.5k dps in 25 ToC woot

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi there, let me put some input on your gearing(Ret pally is my main).
1.Put Beserker on your weapon
2.Get 8% hit cap(7% with draenei),
3.Socket all your slots with 20 str gems(only use a nightmare gem for the meta), change your meta to Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
4.Get some expertise items, you need about 26(6.50%)
5.Work on your professions, get them to the point where you can get the dragon's eye gem and the extra sockets
6.Swap your ArP trinket for a Darkmoon Greatness Card
7.Swap boots for Footpad of Silence(best upgrade there is till HToC)
8.Use the best enchants on your gear.

Assuming you can do all that, your DPS would boost up a lot, and of course if your short on gold, farm dailies, 1hr a day to make 200-300g is not a lot of work.

I would also recommand you use RAWR it's a program to optimize your gear and to get a better idea where to gear from there, a lot of EJ paladin use them to crunch numbers and get a general idea how their stats and dps would look like in a raid environment.

More info here. Retribution: 3.2 - Elitist Jerks

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi there, let me put some input on your gearing(Ret pally is my main).
1.Put Beserker on your weapon
2.Get 8% hit cap(7% with draenei),
3.Socket all your slots with 20 str gems(only use a nightmare gem for the meta), change your meta to Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
4.Get some expertise items, you need about 26(6.50%)
5.Work on your professions, get them to the point where you can get the dragon's eye gem and the extra sockets
6.Swap your ArP trinket for a Darkmoon Greatness Card
7.Swap boots for Footpad of Silence(best upgrade there is till HToC)
8.Use the best enchants on your gear.

Assuming you can do all that, your DPS would boost up a lot, and of course if your short on gold, farm dailies, 1hr a day to make 200-300g is not a lot of work.

I would also recommand you use RAWR it's a program to optimize your gear and to get a better idea where to gear from there, a lot of EJ paladin use them to crunch numbers and get a general idea how their stats and dps would look like in a raid environment.

More info here. Retribution: 3.2 - Elitist Jerks
I know all that now, I jus don't have enough gold to do it.

+ I'm thinking of getting Reckoning or Aesir's (hopefully!) so I'm gonna put berserk when I get those.. not on edge of ruin

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
thx but im good for dps now lol

and those addons = bad imo, doesnt help in dps at all..