I need a good orc strategy for 3v3 random team:grunt :grunt :grunt :grunt

LordJhredmo

Reaction score
I would REALLY appreciate a good orc strat for 3v3 random team. I do ok on ladder but my best strat is hh bm then add in wyvs :rolleyes . So if you can help me please post here and don't argue about strats or put them down or go to hell because there is nothing I hate more is people getting hyped over some key punching... FOR THE HORDE! :grunt :grunt :grunt :grunt :grunt :grunt

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hmmm a good 3vs3 strat would be if u go orc/ne/ud orc goes TaurenChieftan SolO with stomp/aura Or u can get a Shadow Hunter 2nd with healing wave+hex.Headhunters+demos and raiders.+(Healingwards) <:: Tech 3. Undead should go Deathknight + lich +Crytplord +Fiends+obstidians Then Morph to Destros @ T3 Nightelf should go Priestess 1st hero with aura/birdscout/aura/searingarrows/aura/starfall/aura then just put points into w/e u want and Panda Second. His Army Should Consist Of Hunts/archers+dryads+Bears then maybe Chims Late Game.

These Strats are good ones i presume they are known as Abuse strats :) its better to keep the orcs and nightelfs heroes as Solo for more exp and hence better auras.The undead can also go either dk+lich or with the Cl as 3rd.

Thx,
Turok

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
This is where the mighty Hellwolf comes into play too :). First, consider your matchup... what are you facing? You never really want to start with the Shadow Hunter, he is more of a second hero unless you get hex. I traditionally start FS with Wolves and harass the enemy. Blademaster is fun for screwing over humans and night elves and TC is best for taking on undead. Orc is totally up to you.

Also, notice how they harass if they do. If they do it once, its normal. If they doing it twice on the same place, they are either gonna rush or cover something up. Anything more after that, then they are obviously teching.

Start off with GRUNTS no MATTER WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. Starting Trolls is the dumbest idea since massing Infested Terran back in SC. If you do want to get trolls, start collecting them after 5 grunts, so they have 700 HP walls defending them.

If you are planning on Raiders, be sure you get grunts too and a kind of caster. If the enemy is distracted with something like creeping or rushing. You can be lucky and use your siege to destroy some of thier base so they either leave the field or force to tp. If you destroy thier main in this process, you are god if you can escape. In a deadlock battle, net air so they cannot move. If the air is pulled to your raider, the aa player can easily snipe them without fear of them flying off. BE WARNED: Raiders aren't battle-class units, they are ment for harassing or aa if you don't want to get trolls or air.

If you are going to go Tauren, Mix and match 2 kinds of casters. Shaman seem good, but not when the enemy has destroyers. Since they will turn your bloodlust into mana for themselves. I usually do Walkers/Docs, since Walkers dispel and Docs heal mass armies for 2% every second as long as a ward is setup. Set traps on the enemy forces to stun them for 6 seconds. Also, revive any tauren that fall with Ancestral before the corpse is rotted, destroyed, or revived by necros.

If you plan to go on air, start off by getting grunts with the wyverns. Then when you attack, keep the wyverns a fair distance from the grunts. This way, if fiends web them. They have 2 options.

1) FF on the wyverns, but have grunts attacking the fiends
2) FF on the grunts and leave the wyverns to do thier powerful piecring blows.

In this confusion, you can take advantage. Hoping you don't lose your ground or your wyverns aren't killed.

Shaman are required here to make up for thier slow attack speeds, also target melee first with wyverns. If you see things like wyrms or chims, get them first then the melee. Melee can push people back and can possibly reduce your aa to shreds.

Also don't be an idiot and focus fire on heroes. You need to micro and if you don't, you will lose all your men and be blamed for a loss that could have easily been avoided. Only go for heroes if you got a clean shot on them, or if you have a blademaster with an orb and the enemy is distracted with something else.

You can also AIM tps, aiming them will determine exactly where your units land. If you pull it off correctly. You can trap an enemy inside the base and easily kill them off in the crammed battle style. Just watch out if you get sandwiched.

Hero wise, arm all your melee heroes with Orbs so they can strike air, espeically the blademaster with his Critical strikes.

If you need extra help, post back and clarify the topic.

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
yeah my start is a get a lot of shams n some docs adn tehn some backup tauren

beliove it or not this tactic is very good when your teamtes have really weaks guys, causeu can power them up (even better if tehy have gooduntis like bears!)

yeah but teh bm is my choice, mainly cause he is one of teh most strongest hero in teh game.............in the beggining lol, also gtet an orc shop, if u can get teh scrool of speel and ehalth/mana items, then u can harss the enmey and then heal like 100 meters from there base and come abck lol, thats if your teching

I atctic i use is that i put all the peons at the gold mine(in the begining of teh game) then i slowwly get peons for wood adn thn get twoo farms and altar and barrcks, then i make about 5 grunts (do this fast!) then i go n massively harass teh enenmy, i always go for the hero and then fleeeeeeeee and come back and kill hero agin, until u can't kill tthem anymore

(while ur doin dis remeber to slowly tech!) HAVE A FEW GRUNTS IN HANDY CAUSE IVE RUN INTO ISSUES LIKE THE OPPONET GETS MAD AND CALLS ME a "WETBACK" OR A DIRTY KID": OR A "MEXICAN" or even a "spic" and then out of fustraion, somes to attempt to kill me ! so always be prepared

ususally when someone is harassing it emans that they are teching and trying to dirtact you!!!

its all abbout confusing ther other team.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You seriously need to check your grammar :(. Besides, you must gain units while you are doing this harassing, microing them and protecting your base when it gets attacked will help you tech successfully. Most noobs who tech don't bother getting units and look what happens, once they get found out... its game over.

And you will just be feeding destroyers mana if you get too much bloodlust, also spell breakers can steal it and give it to a unit. Also, the buff can be dispelled. So don't rely too heavily on one kind of spell.

Also, I don't like your hh wyvern strat. 1) You need some real units in front of piercing and 2) If your melee is distracted from something else, what is gonna save your men from fiends or aa?

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Dudes It Clear That Non Of You Ever Got Ranked @ 3vs3 as I DiD at East last ladder :). Anyhow Hellwolf trust me on this i know what im talking about the strat i just posted above is IMBA trust me i've done this many times and its even done on 2vs2 orc with ne. same strat tc 1st HH's + priestess mass hunts. the 3vs3 is fairly different with less hunts maybe around 6-8 depending on the game situation. I suggest u try it before saying it sux :) because ive beaten lvl 25+ guys with this and was ranked 5th on 3vs3 last season. This strat is Imbalanced and when u try it with ppl that know how to play i think u will change ur mind :).thx
Turok

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I for one have actually tried it, plus I know what I am doing considering I have done it myself. I did end up winning thanks to micro over the weak, but unless they are kept alive: Then you got some problems, which most noobs don't consider since 3on3 not many micro.

If you had an ally that went melee, then go all out hh and stay behind him. But if you don't or your ally doesnt have enough melee or you are fighting foots, carry grunts with hh and use hh on any non-defended foots. Its too risky to cause only 70% of thier damage and have some of the spears magically shot back.

I am just considering the scenario vs ud, when you should really get something that can help slay fiends so the wyverns aren't focused fired at.

Also, I would recommend that you upgrade thier armor first before you go weapons. 2 Armor will really make a difference. Now that you do mention it, I am way better with HH then I am with Grunts, but I usually get about 4 grunts before I recruit hh as a pre-vision. One must be prepared for anything you know.