I just got starcraft....

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey, i just got starcraft so im a total newbie at it, i used to play diablo but im gonna switch for a while. if any1 could help me out on stragities and stuff that would be helpful!

thanks

-Sephiroth

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Try to use the terran race first it as the best defense race in the game.

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Have fun with the game first.
Learn what all the different races, and units can do.
Forgive the idiots of Bnet that assume that backstabbing is part of the game.
Again, have fun.
Then if it's in your personality traits, experiment with hacks, but only if it's your personality to do that, the game plays better without them.

Be sure to visit the strategy forums to fine tune anything.

Welcome to the world of StarCraft.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
One thing that I always advice is to make the campaigns. Not only it has a good storyline, but also does it is gradual. That way you will learning step by step.

Both campaigns, Original and Brood War.

And, as tha old man above said (;)), welcome and have fun on the world of StarCraft :)

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would have to say keep coming to these forums, but don try to jump into anything to fast, like going on b net and playing some pro and then get mad because you lost

I would also have to say that playing the campaign first is a good idea so you can get controll of what things do what and basic idea of how the game is played..then skirmish comps

then when you think your ready..go to bnet and kick some ass =P

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
play with a friend on bnet first, the campaign is useless cept it tells u the story.
just play ums and money map and fimilar urself with sc first

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Just play UMS and money? Ok STAY away from money. Start with terran. And have fun. Basically what the Jumping mouse said... Does it ever stop?

Thusa

Member!
Reaction score
when i first played...some1 from a clan came and 'took me under his wing' heh...he taught me the basics and a few good stradegies...maybe some1 from this forum will help you out...i wouldnt mind...but i dont have a computer to play SC with :(

Alphite

Member!
Reaction score
Website
sc.alphite.ca
I agree with TrongaMonga in doing the campaignes for the basic know how on units and buildings. Then after you finish all the campaignes (SC and BW) then try your hand at Melee games by yourself. First try 3 computers and work your way up about 5. At that point you can start experimenting with stratagies and want not. After that try your hand at Battle.Net to see how you stand up againest some other players on there.

Also I would suggest you get some replays of REALLY good players and watch how they play and maybe pick up some tips and trciks from that.

Best of luck and welcome to this wonderful world of Starcraft :)

NightLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by FZ. | gOsu
i would have been happy to "take him under my wing" lol...but i cant play for about 2 months...i didnt hide my progress repost good enough lolz
lol hahaha

i think u should start with protoss because their the best for newbs but u will quikly learn the game and the counters

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ahem...i dont see why you say that protoss is best for newbs? there a complicated race to learn how to play

they have alot of spells...and there is alot more options on what to upgrade...i would say that terran is the best to start with.....

please explain why you say that protoss is the best race for a newb to startn with?

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
newbs won't use spell, goon/zeal for a newbie is a powerful force, therefore a newbie should pick protoss if they want ot win

~Screwed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by FZ. | gOsu
I would have to say keep coming to these forums, but don try to jump into anything to fast, like going on b net and playing some pro and then get mad because you lost

I would also have to say that playing the campaign first is a good idea so you can get controll of what things do what and basic idea of how the game is played..then skirmish comps

then when you think your ready..go to bnet and kick some ass =P
Playing better players in hopes of their skill rubbing off on you is a great idea.

Walk before you run but, you'll be a better runner if you start early.

Choose a race that you like, the three are balanced, however I feel that Protoss would be the weaker of the three.

Stay away from public games.

Always remember that you are going to get OWNED HARD the first 2000 or so games you play, keep that in mind. Don't give up and think you're a loser.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Originally posted by Ued_colonial
Try to use the terran race first it as the best defense race in the game.
I have to agree with him. You should start learning how to use a Terran before proceeding to other race.