I have been out of it for a while, and plan to come back...

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
to the game of Diablo II, original. So who plays the original version that I can play with, so they can help me get into the groove of things again? I really plan to be active, and want someone who can help me, and possibly give me some freebies:)lovedup). Please respond so I can join the ranks of BattleForums Diablo!

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
www.Planetdiablo.com/EftA

Go play that. Roach converted, and has a good heroine (melee sorc) on non ladder. I have a few friends on Ladder that could help you with a rush/items (if they have any low-level gear).

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
Efta is pretty cool.. cept it wore out wayy too fast for me... even faster than bnet....

the whole +12 to skills on a single ring kinda....makes it retarded,

Bitchs own all... err --

And everything costs like 9k mana. Mouse needs to make some changes... IE Mana costs, so the level 1 spells arent better than the lvl 40 skills..

Playing valhalla right now...loving it...but its gonna die out before my char gets decent, seeing as im basically playing with myself.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Wait...I may be newb, but I am pretty ure that is a mod for Lords of Destruction. And although I stated it, I dont think I stated it very clear. I only have Classic :(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Go download the Xpac from somewhere else if you can, I highly suggest getting EftA. And wtf? There isn't a +12 ring. And everything DOESN'T cost like 9k mana. My Witch with like a level 50 Bone Wave only costs about 30 mana per cast. And Bone Wave / Ground Lightning = Level 8/1, respectively.

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
I was exagerating about 12, but i do have a +9 to one skill, 3 to all skills ring.

And ofcourse i was exagerating on 9k mana, but everything that SHOULD do the best, does... but you cast 3 and your drained of mana... ever tried to cast a few level 30 hydras? *waves to mana*

A level 1 spell just shouldnt be 80x more effective than a lvl 40 spell.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Let's see this +9/+3 ring. And some aren't 80x more effective than some level 40 spells. Stop exaggerating, damnit!

Ever play a Summoner? Level 40 = that damn big monster does like 19k from what I hear. Now, is that weak? What about Archetypes?

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Buy LoD, trust me, it's way better. You can get it for like $20.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Then you could go download EftA and play that ;)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I want to play EftA, but I wanna play BNet too..

What do I do :(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
You make a folder called [Original Files]. You copy all the DLL's and Patch_D2.mpq into that folder. You download EftA and put everything into its own folder called [EftA] in your Diablo 2 Directory. When you want to play EftA, replace the files. When you want to play Bnet, switch the files. Switching takes about 5 seconds, so there's not much lost. Then, when in the game from just switching, you would have to switch the realm. Not hard at all.

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
Whats your account name kao? Ill show her to ya :p -- Might be a struggle to get me off of val though :p... if i can find a host for a ss.. ill post her there :p

I didnt say they were weak, i said they were way too mana expensive....and uneven.

Bonewave/Ground lightning are ridiculous for this. As you said, they cost like no mana, and even a bad bonewave can own all...

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Well...glad to know this turned into a Efta thread :)

And, I will buy LOD as soon as I can, or at least get a hold of it.

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
Sorry fishy :p

If/when you get lod, depending on what realm/ladder or non i may be able to help ya out ^^

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Hey Kao, what program do I need to unzip the efta file?

It's called like efta_beta_mpq.rar or something.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Winrar. Use google, and type in "winrar" :). I believe that's all...(don't know the website off hand).

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I <3 this!!! All these people starting to play EftA. I think I should get like a 1337 flashing bar saying I get people to follow me or something like that. Oh that would be soooooo cool. On another note, I just recruited another- Viz. He likes it, and you will to. Now get D2, and download EftA.

the_battousai1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yet another conversion =)

a1steaksauce

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i tried to start efta like months and months ago by the dl for the new dlls/mpqs(?) is corrupted.it only dls part of it then stops.then winrar says that the file isnt right.or is the dll in there right nad it said it was bigger than it was for sum reason.