I can't host or join games

Talex

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time posting. I have been reading a lot of posts about problems with routers and firewalls, and I think I have done everything it says, and still have problems running battle.lan.

I'm using Belkin's N Wireless Router and I went to Virtual Servers tag on Firewall Settings, I enabled the imbound port 6112, TCP&UDP type on the private port 6112-6119 and i have given permissions on Windows Vista Firewall for the battle.lan and the Warcraft III as well.

I am not able to join games or to host them...I can't even see them!!

I would appreciate your help on this matter, if someome can tell me what am I doing wrong or if I'm not doing something.

Thanks for your time,
Talex

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Did you enable the ports on your router?

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
Uhm im not sure what the firewall is like on your router.. Could try these..

You said you enabled inbound and outbound should be enabled by default but could double check it..

Double check the port enable rules are for your LAN ip address as dynamic ip address distibution messes with it. check your network IP with the command " ipconfig /all " in command prompt.

Try disabling windows firewall completely. I have it off, just a pain in the ass to me..

You can check all your ports are open here: WhatsMyIP.org Game Port Test They should all say "CLOSED" if they are enabled and usable (without WC3 running), or something like "NOT RESPONDING" if the ports arnt accesable or not enabled. Itl say "OPEN" if the port is enabled but being used by another aplication and cant be used (again, without WC3 running).

Other than that, i dont know..

Are you playing it on a LAN or on Battle.net?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Find a way to access your router's configuration. And inside the ports section, Open up the ports that are specified in the sticky on the warcraft forum. Also, turn off any external proxy servers or firewalls as they hamper your connections even more.