I cant beat protoss as zerg because of the freaking psystorm

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
2) The main uses of a Queen are basically moot, as any Zerg player worth his salt should be able to fulfill the roles of a Queen using a more versatile variety of other units that could be used for more diverse strategies.
How else can you replicate the brooling ability? And have you any idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to have your dropships, drones, overlords and archons parasited?

Theres no need to scout anymore when your opposing army is doing it for you.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I see the point.

Oh, and Keldain, after thinking about what you said regarding the teleportation ability you claim to have and how it works...you're completely incorrect.

Phase Prisms function on the basis of a Shuttle, only by converting "carried" units into a datastream and storing it temporarily on its matrix. There's no teleporting stuff around. You're confusing the Warp In ability, which allows you to convert a Gateway into a Warp Gate, and you may feed units through it into any area within your Psi range (given off by Pylons and stationary Phase Prisms). You can't just blink units from place to place.

As to your assessment of the Zealot armor's "teleporation when at critical health" feature...it's just plain incorrect. That flash of light and vaporization of the Zealot's body as he wails out his death cry is actually a breakdown of his material being in a flash created by the escape of his psionic presence...basically his soul. Zealots aren't teleporting, they're dying with style.

So yeah...I'm afraid only the Stalker appears to have the ability to teleport from place to place and A) you're not a Stalker, and B) it's very limited in range...certainly not to the distance between being on the ground and a max-ranged Guardian at max flight altitude.

Basically...your efforts to save yourself aren't even legitimate. Unless you "DAWJD," that acid spore from the Guardian would 1hitKO you...and even then you'd be too slow to sidestep it due to the Ensnare that I'd laid on you to expose you to the Guardian.

Executor Keldain

Former Protoss Gosu
Reaction score
LoL @ B~E

As for you Vad, you win, I don't feel the need to argue over a pointless little forum RP, I'm glad to see you're the god of RP'ing on BF.

lolz...

Peace,
~ Keldain

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Why don't you two stop acting like Lamespy Arcade nerds and actually battle in a 1on1 non-money map game to prove the other's point?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Then you are fail... :(

B~E said:
How else can you replicate the brooling ability? And have you any idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to have your dropships, drones, overlords and archons parasited?
Especially when you want to keep a surprise attack in wait for your enemy.

At least it isnt as bad as your Science Vessels or Overlords getting Blinded by Flares.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, there is only really one way to **** with their heads. Make a **** load of overlords, completely empty, and send them at the protoss. When the HTs use psi storm, send in the units! You can make unlimited overlords, so go nuts with it, send in a hundred if you have time.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hooray, more strats that require a money map to employ.

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, a decoy is interesting, but cost too much. I'd need at least 7 overlords minimum for it too look threatening, and I rarely have that much cash to waste. I'd rather go up in the tech tree, expand, or just creat two hatcheries.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, once you get an attack into a HT, you pretty much got it dead.

Queens are one good method in the midst of a battle to kill them off.
If it's just an HT by itself with no real defenders nearby, rush it with a fast unit(s) and kill it before it gets another storm off.

N0mad

Reaction score
u should try some simple tactics m8. such as, atacking with several smaller groups rather than one large. and from oposite directions. and if there is only one way in, use overlords to deploy units. u should work on ur timing tho. if there is only one way in, gather one group near the entrance, and two more groups in overlords from the back, and side. when units are in position, start with sending units from the front, and while thei do that unload units with overlords in to different places of his base, would be very useful if u could unload one group near his minerals :) in most ocasions u wont win with this, but u will decreas his defense dramaticaly (especialy if u took out his probes,remember that protos is the most expensive race, so dealing with probes is the key to victory), and next atack even if its from the front would mean ur victory (doesnt always work tho, but worth to try).