Hydra

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
you can alos cloak certain buildings if you cloak a drone... some buildings only cloak until they are built

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
What Zerg buildings can't cloak:

~Hatchery
~Extractor
~A Nydus will cloak, but the exit will not
~I believe that Sunken and Spore Colonies won't, but a Creep Colony will, I don't remember.

i havent seen a ums game that
the glicht is fully used to advantage besides PYS
There are two bounds, one called Blue Bound and one called Asylum Bound that exploit the glitch via triggerswith Zerglings. There's also a test map that does it with most units it works with that don't crash always or sometimes. As for with the Arbiter method, there is a Jail Break that used it and some Tricks maps which were common in 1.11.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Cappy said:
That's very true. I still can't imagine how to explain duping on Diablo I. Just explaining it and getting someone to understand it deserves a metal. lol
Duping on Diablo I was very very easy. Hand over the metal.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's not patched yet. It's been done since the very beggining (or so), and it hasn't been fixed. Because it'd be a too big god damn pain in the arse to do it in melee, and absolutely useless (unless you cloaked some defilers ;)).

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
But wouldn't it take blizzard about 5 seconds to patch something like that? Lazy asses.
Also: If you do this against a comp, will it still recognize the unit as being cloaked (Or not recognize in this situation)?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
But wouldn't it take blizzard about 5 seconds to patch something like that? Lazy asses.
Also: If you do this against a comp, will it still recognize the unit as being cloaked (Or not recognize in this situation)?
Unlikely. That would likely have to change some fundamental code in how STarCraft manages burrowed units versus cloaked units, since they are similar in that you can't see them unless you move a detector unit to them. Burrowed units are effectively cloaked units that are immobile and show a different graphic when uncovered, and they 'uncloak' by unburrowing. I would imagine that would be a very difficult thing to patch.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You can't make a picture to show it. lol. Just mess around with it for a while.

han_HAn_Han

Member!
Reaction score
Permanently Cloaked Zerg Units - Submitted by =Ass=Sylum=
This glitch works on any unit with burrow... first, get the unit you want to cloak just outside of an arbiters cloak range, than burrow that unit, after burrowing tell the arbiter to move forward, now JUST as the unit comes into cloaking range unburrow it, you will have to move it outside of the arbiters cloaking range to see if the glitch worked... takes a bit of time to master.
credits to www.creepcolony.com

NerdyTerdy

Reaction score
I think it could be used well in melee especially if you were on the edge of dying because I know atleast these cloak and I think more (zerg buildings), spire, spawning pool, nydus. An interesting strategy would be to send the cloaked drone in and make the original nydus in their base so it'd be cloaked then when the units start popping out they're like WTF MAN URE UNITS ARE POPPING OUT OF NOWHERE H4X0R!!! also if done properly you could cloak around 12 hydralisks at a time so if you did it well enough you could have a group of around 144 hydralisks cloaked in a matter of about 2 minutes and that would be devastating if you brought along like a few overlords to spot toss observers and stuff.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If any game lasted so long as you playing as Toss to MC a drone. Gl to you sir.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
u see y blizz doenst need to patch this?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
xaax_fenris_brood said:
:-/ how u cloak a hydra permanetly
The same way you cloak a zergling or any burrable unit. You take an arbiter, move it on patrol. Then cloak your ling, the moment you think the cloaking will wear off, unburrow. Your unit should skip the cloak trigger then be permacloaked. These units can still be revealed by detectors.

However, I think most of the later versions of starcraft denied the use of tricks like drone floating and such.