Hydra

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The arbiter trick is what he is most likely referring too. And its not just hyrdas its any object that can burrow. Its not a good strat because it takes much too long to pull it off for each unit. Unless...I suppose you could TAKE the time and line your units up and then try it?? No, no, its useless except in UMS.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Thats like telling a deep dark secret into the world of the unknown! hehe
I'm not quite sure how its done. I've done it before but that was such a long time ago. Oh boy. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, you place your hyrda right by the corner of the matrix of the arbiter's cloak field. The hydra must be in the field. Burrow it, and move the arbiter away and unburrow your hydra. The hydra should now be cloaked permed.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It's relatively easy, all you need is -
  • 1 Arbiter
  • 1 burrowable Zerg unit

Then do this -
  • Patrol your arbiter.
  • Burrow your unit.
  • When the arbiter just gets out of cloakable range (You can work that out by unburrowing/burrowing using trial and error) unburrow your unit. If you did it right, then it should be permanently cloaked.

I've done it tons of times, but no matter how many times i do it, it can still take me up to ten minutes. Just depends on a bit of luck in my opinion.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
It is really a thing of luck which isn't something you should risk in a normal game, especially if the luck is against you

Renzo, remember those PYS days? I have that map...

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well, as soon as people start using it more Blizzard will patch it. (I estimate a year)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
y u cant use it as in advantage in melee

u can also unburrow whne the arb is about in cloak range
i liek that way easyier

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
It's useless in melee games because by the time you have teched to Mind Controlling Dark Archons, Arbiters, and have managed to get a Hydralisk capable of burrowing, your opponent most likely has some Overlords and Spore Colonies, otherwise you would have crushed them. It's time consuming to pull off, and burrowing again gets rid of the effect, as does putting it near an Arbiter again. Dark Templar are much more effective.

On a side note, you can use it effectively in a UMS map. Using a trick where you disable a computer owned Zerg unit, enable it, order it to move somewhere, move it physically witha trigger, then give it to a human player, and have them not look at it for a minute (depending on the unit, Mutalisk will crash if you see it cloak, Zergling, Hydralisk, and Lurker won't), then you have a permanently cloaked unit that won't uncloak ever.

Overall, I would be astounded if someone were to use permanetly cloaked Zerg units effectively in a melee game.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Nicely put Lord_of_Nukes. My points exactly. In melee games it takes way too much time and isn't worth the effort. Blizzard has had many chances to fix this bug. I don't think it concerns them too much. I've never seen this happen in any melee games I've ever played.
I see it often in UMS though...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i havent seen a ums game that
the glicht is fully used to advantage besides PYS

PauseBreak

Reaction score
RyanXWing said:
It helps to have someone show you how to do it
That's very true. I still can't imagine how to explain duping on Diablo I. Just explaining it and getting someone to understand it deserves a metal. lol

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
And it is also patched I believe, long ago.

And if it hasnt been patched, read above.