Hybrid Theory - Tetrarch

ThyMuse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blah, just outlines for now. It's late.

Tetrarchs are flesh forming beings. They posess individual minds linked together through a network maintained by the Soulbearer. Such a network is supported by local node masters on Tetrach worlds and Centurions on the battlefield, similar to the network deployed by Zergs.

The Soulbearer is a being older than any living Protoss during the Korpural War. It was created by the offspring of the Xel'Nagas aeons before the birth of the First-Borns. Yet, the Soulbearer slew the entire research crew and began the expansion of his race on his own, supported by the second born Tetrarch Centurion whom has assumed Human form by flesh forming his body according to the research centre's DNA samples.

This Tetrarch, better known as Duran to the Korpural populace, infiltrated the Zerg swarms and obtained valuable DNA samples of a majority of the races assimilated by the Zergs on their pillage course through the galaxy. He than defects from the Queen of Blades and hires human mercenaries to protect his projects of creating the other seven Greater Centurions.

Flesh forming is an art of compiling the Tetrarch's body from scratch during the Tetrarch's birth. A Tetrarch has a form in their lives which Humans refer to as the 'larvae' form. During this stage, the Tetrarch's brains mature and establish its connection to the Soulbearer. When a Tetrarch 'larvae' is matured, it is taken to a chamber filled with necessary fluids from which it sheds its brain from its body. Soon after this process, the Tetrarch may being to construct his body from scratch - usually with the assistance of collected DNA samples.

Once a Tetrarch has assumed its form, it is very hard for it to change its shape completely. Such a process may take centuries and most Tetrarchs prefer to assume a simple form - usually Human or Protoss - that is able to be customised without much trouble.

A Tetrarch flesh forms by its unbelievable technique to command every single molecule in its body - a form of nanotechnology. Such techniques enable them to also close and heal wounds that would be critical to a Human or Protoss.

Tetrarchs however, possess very weak psionic capabilities compared to that of the Protoss. Some Tetrarchs choose to amplify such abilities through flesh forming and can achieve a level of psionic comparable to that of a rookie Templar.

However, the true capabilities of the Tetrarch’s telepathic power are in the Soulbearer’s network. A Tetrarch cannot in truth die unless the Soulbearer is slain. When a Tetrarch’s body is destroyed, their consciousness is transferred to the Soulbearer. Therefore, it is impossible for knowledge to be lost unless the Tetrarch’s body was destroyed outside of contact with the Soulbearer.

The Tetrarchs also use this to its true potential. A warrior class known as the ‘Awoken Knights’ are created using the process of rebirth. A type of Tetrarchs have been know to flesh form their bodies to be able to create new ‘empty’ brains for souls inside the Soulbearer to claim. The Tetrarchs that take the empty brains could then flesh form their bodies and fight again. It was also discovered that Centurions are the most common candidates for the process.

That’s all for now, I’ll elaborate tomorrow.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That sounds too much like the Overmind and something similar to Kerrigan, that was formed, first inside a larvae, then inside a cocoon, and then took the Human form, with psionic powers lower than that of a templar (she can only storm, not hallucinate nor form an archon, as long as I know...).

ThyMuse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well fight me. I'll find time to elaborate. For now, believe what you want. What you must realise is that the Tetrarch's powers are endless. They can assume any form they want, not just twisting the genes of assimulated species like the Zergs.

BTW, there is no cocoon.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Whatever the name is. The second form of the chrysalis. You know what I mean.

ThyMuse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*SIGH*

I've tried restraining from this but... You're an idiot.

I made it up. It's my theory. Sheesh...

Khalaid Warrior

Member!
Reaction score
If they don't come out with the hyribs what's the point of SC2?

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
there WILL be hybrids but they are not the shit that everyone keeps making up, they are a cross of the zerg and protoss and NOTHING MORE!! they are the pure race.. purity of essance and of form.. now STFU!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The Protoss had the power (purity of form), but were not an united race.

The Zerg had the numbers, and were united by the Overmind, but were not that strong.

Azurio

Member!
Reaction score
Well, Duran must definetly be SC2 or else there will be a whole thing cut off. That is an excellent theory Muse. For a second, I thought it was the real thing- until I saw THEORY...

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
then you oviusly are either A.) very easily fooled B.)stupid C.)jokeing or D.)have never made yourself fluent in the SC storyline... take your pick

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That is one of the theories. It hasn't been proved yet.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I've heard other theory about an eternal enemy of the Xel'Naga that will destroy their last creations by using the hybrids. Lots of theories, you know? :)

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Black~Enthusiasm said:
whats the difference betwen purity of essence and forme ? How does this aply to the zerg and protoss ?
correct me if I'm wrong, but...didn't the Protoss, the psionic beings, have the purity of essence, and the Zerg, the ultimate biologists, have the purity of form? I thought that was the way it was. Maybe I have it backwards though.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It is backwards. Refer to my post explaining it.