Human tier 2 rush vs ne.

brightlight

Member!
Reaction score
When nightelves are going double lore tech, with tower rush with naga i can push to base pretty easily. But solo levled demon hunter about 4+ constantly healing its sort of hard to penetrate and they can sometimes stall eneough time. My chances of succeding is 80% but the others times, i leave eneough impact but they when workshops, and castle is about finished. Leaving me to fight with like 1 mortar, sorcs and rifles. When that happends 0% win chance. If i research castle earlier my tier 2 rush sort of looses its effectiveness. Any suggestions? Should i just expand while attacking weak assault instead?

plus ive seen human pros counter bears and dryads with knights, casters and mortars. But how come they don't bring out few gryphons riders? the splash dmg and magic dmg seem to work nicely vs bears.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why not focus on knights and breakers? You could start with a Paladin, get a Blood Mage later. When you engage, you make the BM suck juice out of his DH. When they FF on the BM, you light.

As for bears, make the knights tank. Then use breakers to FF on bears.

Best of all, breakers and knights share the same upgrades.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
wait, why would you rush at tier 2 anyways?

brightlight

Member!
Reaction score
thx for advice revelade, but going paladin.. and ne does panda dh or naga dh tier 2 rush instead of tier 3 bears and dryads.. it will be pretty hard to defend.

for #2. why would i rush at tier 2? possibly because hes teching and tower rush with at tier 2 can be devastating. in night elf strategy forms there are many posts on tactics and strategy vs human tier 2 tower rush.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
brightlight said:
thx for advice revelade, but going paladin.. and ne does panda dh or naga dh tier 2 rush instead of tier 3 bears and dryads.. it will be pretty hard to defend.

for #2. why would i rush at tier 2? possibly because hes teching and tower rush with at tier 2 can be devastating. in night elf strategy forms there are many posts on tactics and strategy vs human tier 2 tower rush.
coudl always try tower rush in the very beginning once you've scouted early. There is no way for NE to defend that if you keep footies coming with Archmage's WE.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
frigidlight said:
bring out few gryphons riders? the splash dmg and magic dmg seem to work nicely vs bears.
Because a little friend named Dryads and possibly Hippos say you can't. Also they don't do splash, they target via line damage. Its possible to use Gryphons to kill off Bears, then use other heroes and/or units to murder the dryads. At this point, Gryphons can be used to ff on heroes.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
If you're doing a tier 2 rush, then why tech to tier 3 with only: 1 mortar, sorcs and rifles?? You probably shouldn't. Also early breakers at tier 2 can be good agaist bears before they get master form. Not to mention it would be nice to have rejuv should they cast it, and breakers do extra 20 damage to bears from feedback (as long as they have mana), but they have medium armor; meaning you'd rather fight adept bears than master bears. Right now there's a couple strategies:

1) the Sky's style wich is am/naga with boots and rifle after 3~4 foots, then some casters/breakers and push quite early before elf has bear master.
2) HRB's style wich consist in geting am/foots with like 6~7 of them with defend, make MK when reaching tier2, put up 2 arcane and a blacksmith, get some sorcs/breakers/priests, add few mortars, and push nearly all of your paesants gathering lumber.

Overall, teching to tier 3 with like AM, Mk, Paladin, Knights, Priests, Mortars isn't a good idea against better players because too many things counter human tier3; such as 4 wisp detonate in the begining of a fight, or just mass expos. And grifs would work against bears, except sorcs (with slow), some breakers and mortars would probably do just as well and they're at tier 2.

Anyways....just my two cents... :grunt

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
got any good night elf harrasses?

well ive tried to use the keeper for a harrasser but the enemy usualy finds a way to kill me quickly. But there was one time me and my ally that got dual lv 10 keepers. it was awsome, every time the enemy walked by us we entangled them. then to get rid of bases we used force of nature twice for bothe of us (so there would be 16 treants) then we would get dual tanquility against towers. so always enatangle+treants+tranquility is good.
entangle targets-lv1- target on workers
lv2-target on basic fighter units such as ghould and archers
lv3-target on any high hp unit with treant help, so basicly the enemy is doomed at this point REMEMBER i didnt harrass the whole way to lv 10

OOPS THIS WAS SUPOSED TO BE A NEW THREAD

brightlight

Member!
Reaction score
y dont they just dispell the entangled roots and treants. Your opponents are pretty sad if they couldn't beat 2 kotgs and let them reach to lvl 10 and still loosing.