Hu vs NE strat

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:-/ I am having a problem vs NE...Everytime they go Bears + archers + dryads...they screw me....what would you suggest?

Also Archers + Dryads + Chimeras?

Thanks

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
moved

anyways, try having some towers for early rush, then go good old rifle + casters and gryphons later on~

and remember to creeep!

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Rifles/mortars with priests to heal should do the trick. I suggest that you have a paladin/mountain king combo for heroes for a meet shield.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ntrik:
Tower rush wont work out very well because the guy is going archers! If he was going hunts then it might work out! A handfull of Gryphons are a mistake against the first and second strats that I was asking about because they fall like flies agains archers and dryads.
I have seen replays and it seems like rifles do the trick only against bears(no support)...But, I tried this against some one and I got owned by the dryads that took away slow and all those bears....
Mortars are very good...Those are a must...
Do any of you suggest knights? or Breakers?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just go some riflemen (6-8 or 9) then make 2 sanctums and more priests(3-4 ) and breakers (3-4-5). If he masses dryads and archers make some mortars also if he masses bears. Use blizzard instead of elementals vs mass bears. If he makes some chims don't fight, get quickly 1 or 2 aviaries and make some hawks. If he has dryads mort would be good to stop them from killing your hawks. No need tier 3 i say, just combine these.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
You could try going knights/mortars/priests.....That could work also. You could even throw in sorc if they don't have very many drads. Just have the mortars focus fire the dryads/archers and it should do the trick for you.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HMm...i think ill try the rifles/priests/mortars...But the hawks against chimeras just wont work when he has dryads or archers because the hawks will get taken out while they cast their net...
thanks

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I never said that you should do tower rush.... towers to defend.. and well, i dunno.. either way, even if its hunts or archer, it wont matter, towers will fall someday, its just for you to buy some time and block the entrance.

I also never said grab handul of Gryphs.. just few

mortars... hmm... siege > unarmored for sure.. but what you're saying is that they went archer + dyrad and druids.. so.. I would go with spell breakers instead then, with rifles, and priests and few sorcs to slow down bears.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
HMm...i think ill try the rifles/priests/mortars...But the hawks against chimeras just wont work when he has dryads or archers because the hawks will get taken out while they cast their net...
thanks
I do it with hawks and the dryads are killed by my rifles and morts of they are 4-5. If they are more you can kill them with some morts (3-4) and you can also try mass gyros vs chims.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
no decent elf goes chimaeras against human, too much effective anti air...
but the bear strategy ( look my signature :rofl2 ) just PWNS humans. bears fast tech with DH + 4 hunts , then panda, can only be countered if the human players is really better than the elf one. try looking for gosu replays, i've never seen a human beat spirit.moon , even massing gryphons against the bears. the fact of the dryad be trained in the same "rax" which bears are make this matchup much easier, and 2 staffs of preservation will guarantee that you lose NO BEARS.
But you can try something that i foundvery useful against techers: like a tower attack while he techs (it's not a tower rush, but a normal attack suppoprted by towers that you build while attacking), with AM(water elementals) + footies.
If he counters your attack with 2 hunts and an AoW, just leave, he outmicroes you like hell and you're really screwed up. :ufo

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
all you need is DH + hunt harass to beat human anyways, bears are for only if it took you that long lol

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
no decent elf goes chimaeras against human, too much effective anti air...
but the bear strategy ( look my signature :rofl2 ) just PWNS humans. bears fast tech with DH + 4 hunts , then panda, can only be countered if the human players is really better than the elf one. try looking for gosu replays, i've never seen a human beat spirit.moon , even massing gryphons against the bears. the fact of the dryad be trained in the same "rax" which bears are make this matchup much easier, and 2 staffs of preservation will guarantee that you lose NO BEARS.
But you can try something that i foundvery useful against techers: like a tower attack while he techs (it's not a tower rush, but a normal attack suppoprted by towers that you build while attacking), with AM(water elementals) + footies.
If he counters your attack with 2 hunts and an AoW, just leave, he outmicroes you like hell and you're really screwed up. :ufo
That is right but with more breakers and micro where will the rejuv go ? That is why you should have casters- mostly priests and breakers, not so necessarily sorcerer if he dispells.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer said:
That is right but with more breakers and micro where will the rejuv go ? That is why you should have casters- mostly priests and breakers, not so necessarily sorcerer if he dispells.
bears > breakers

hunts > breakers

breakers have medium armor and bears have 60 dmg normal for a reason ;) but you do have a point, alot of suppport from casters and breakers just might do it.

But....

hunts + hero rush = gg human.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
just dont use spells until breakers are gone. noone masses spellbreakers, and if they did, they wont benefit from stealing spell, neither you will need to use rejuv, cuz' bears >>>>> breakers.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
bears > breakers

hunts > breakers

breakers have medium armor and bears have 60 dmg normal for a reason ;) but you do have a point, alot of suppport from casters and breakers just might do it.

But....

hunts + hero rush = gg human.
Bears are tier 3, breakers are 2

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
anyway, DOTC are tier 2
and you can just hit and run, healing your entire army away from the human
and you got staffs of teleportation, spirit.moon style ^^
no bear dies.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
Bears are tier 3, breakers are 2
bears with reju are tier 2.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
DOTC is tier 2, and DOTC have no attack, and shit armor/health
more than what breakers do, and theres huntresses for a reason too :grunt

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
just dont use spells until breakers are gone. noone masses spellbreakers, and if they did, they wont benefit from stealing spell, neither you will need to use rejuv, cuz' bears >>>>> breakers.
Oh really? See some Hum vs Hum or vs mass bears replays - at least 4 breakers