HU~ the paladin, its decent, so why doesnt anyone use it?

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by NEOxx0
I think its cause the paladin dosnt look cool so not many people pick him. Like for example the Blood Mage looks cool so people pick it. :)
No, it's because Banish + Bolt + FS is uber. :p I'm obsessed with it right now. Agility/Intel heroes goes bye-bye. Add a second bolt, and strength heroes can kiss their ass goodbye as well. Even will all three heroes at level 2 or 1 it's still very uber.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
yeh but the paladin helps you much more and if they have all that sh!t with bears then you better have your own force to rival theirs xD

i have one enough times with a pally to justify hitting l on the altar

Jinlim

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the reason why nobody uses pally is...think of it this way....ur in a 3on3 ladder game...everyone is matched up evenly...meaning each person on ur team is the same race as the other guy on the opposing team...then after one of ur allies..whos human gets an alter and u see a pally pop out....my first instinct or urge to say is.......omg....we lost....

he relly sux dat much guys...and for everyone out there who thinks knights rock......nobody uses heavy ground....its too easily countered by slow spells and poly..or...air. i never use knights...and if u have enough resources to get 6 knights.....y even spend it on knights in the first place...id get the gryphs....no upgrades on the air relly doesnt matter. as long as u know how to run away.

neways nobody uses pally because he sux...dat is exemplified by the fact that alot of ppl who sees their ally get a pally would usually have thoughts of..."oh no, we lost"...which is always the case.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
hmm i have never had an ally say that to me. Actually most games where i get the pally they end up saving me cause i save their poor heros from death like 20 times

i get him 2nd though because i admit i cant use him 1st very well

btw i dont go mass knights i was just using it to say how pally could be used i guess. Usually i go like 3kn/3gry/other stuff

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wow have, you ever gone heavy ground? If you go air in a team game you usually are screwed by anyone half decent. First thing I ask after we or the enemy rushes is... don't get air... and who has the aa?

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Swordancer
hmm i have never had an ally say that to me. Actually most games where i get the pally they end up saving me cause i save their poor heros from death like 20 times

That's basically like getting the Paladin as second hero, only this time the "first" hero is your ally's hero.

As for playing defensive - I'd say the best defense is a good offense. The sooner their army dies, the less likely I'd lose too much units.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
Wow have, you ever gone heavy ground? If you go air in a team game you usually are screwed by anyone half decent. First thing I ask after we or the enemy rushes is... don't get air... and who has the aa?
no i never go all air... i said i go knight/gryphs in some games and it works good

back to subject i think blizz said they are going to change some of the lesser used heros so that they are more viable as a 1st hero. Some of these include the Pitlord and the Paladin.

FuriousPanda

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well its not that the Pally is a bad hero its that he's more of a supporting hero.

I myself go if theres a tavern:

Panda,AM,Third hero just depends on the situation

No Tavern I go

MK,AM, Third hero depends on the situation.

The third hero I pick depending on my opponets race, units they go, units I go to counter the other player/s units.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
You mention paladin in NE battles.Here,i think i will lose if i say that he is better than mk.So paladin isnt very helpful vs elves.You don't need holy light so much.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i'll have to disagree with you there Dark Mage. I'm a pretty skilled NE player and theres nothing a NE player hates more is a Pally - solder/defend rush. You figure the Pally get temp invinciblity that makes Warden and DH look like a bitch and those dam defend/soldiers run rite through archers. so I say yes the Pally IS useful against NE

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
And I have to disagree with you nevergoingback.If you are so good you must fear of MK.I played vs very skilled NE too and he couldnt do anything with his Dh from my storm bolt.And when i add the riflemen to attack the huntress he had no chance.He could hear 'Our champion has fallen' all the time.HE WAS skilled.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
wait a second im talking about the Pally here I dont doubt there is other ways about killing off a good NE player Im just pointing out that there is use for the Pally and my example was for rushing.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
And thats what i say-i dont think so.But maybe this is just a matter of opinion.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
the mk is great but the post is about why the pally isnt used... and we were just pointing out that the pally is great against the ff against ne

another great thing about the paladin is the fact that they can cast expensive spells on him (like cripple) and ds will take it right off :D thats nice, but the best part about ds is the fact that you can use a clarity while using ds so basically there is no way that clarity is going to stop working until ds wears off (works for all ncc items)