HU~ the paladin, its decent, so why doesnt anyone use it?

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't you use ressurrection in the middle of the battle? Maybe I'm mistaken. To x42, Yes Avatar is very possibly the best 1v1 ultimate but one point you said was thet he puts the enemy back. So 4-6 knights popping out of the ground killing them at full health won't?

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
yeh we could argue this out forever but we all have preferences...

what would you rather do? kill 3 units with stormbolt or save 5 of your units from focus fire? i know my answer...

not to mention the pally can get rid of negative buffs with the press of a key!

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
i use the either bm/am or mk/pally for my strats. if i go air i go the mages so that i can cast spells from a distance and i mass footies/priest/knight with the brute heroes, this strat pwns noobs and the reason that i dont use the pally as a first hero is because just like many ppl said, THERE ARE BETTER ALTERNATIVES. i would rather have a lvl3 clap than lvl3 holy light. think about it, on one hand u can wipe out an enemy hero ez or heal half of ur knights life.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What I meant was I'd rather cost the enemy resources by killing with the MK rather than saving my own ass. If you do go killing more units you'll lose less in the battle 'cos they don't have so many, but if you really need to use Ressurection, I can tell you you're pretty much screwed. I don't get how you can lose that many, unless you forgot to research armor or something.....

Yup, it's preference. I always thought Humans were mondo-offensive too.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, pally is good but hes not the quickest of the heros he seems to go slow his spells arent bad holy light saving a unit can be very annoying invulnerable when ur almost dead focus fired devotion aura adds armor to units around u then the ultimate forgot what its called bt it revives 6 of ur own units or allied units that have died around you

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
so you have never lost 6+ units in battle?

wow you must be gosu! because in tough fights many people lose units, more than 6.

You could argue defense/offense but i prefer defense

scatjoe

Member!
Reaction score
Re: the paladin, its decent, so why doesnt anyone use it?

Originally posted by TheNamelessPunk
if you think about it, the paladin is actually really good. holy light which is 600 damage recovery to a unit instantly, is the best healing spell in the freakin game (next to death coil). the invuln spell can help you escape as well as attack and be inharmed for a solid ammount of time. devotion aura adds 3 armor which is like another 1 1/2 armor upgrade. not to mention bring 6 dead units back to life. lets say you go into a big ol' battle and your knights are dead, with the ressurection spell, they're all back at full health and ready to fight again, that saves you like 1500 gold and 360 lumber, and can be EXCELLENT FOR COUNTER

so, why dont i ever see him in games?
what about tranquility

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If you prefer defense, you'll have a whale of a time actually trying to win. Sometimes I don't build towers at all with Human, just rushing Foots/Sorc/Priests. It prevents attacks and as a defense you have units.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Pally's attack sucks.But whoever doesnt like him its because he doesnt use the P. wisely.I see that u bet on the MK,
x42bn6.But I use MK only on rush.
Back on the topic-do you think priests can heal enough?By the time your Mk is healed he will have died 100 times.If u dont have lvl2 or 3 holyL you can do nothing.While the Mk even with lvl1 storm T can stun and make all units kill the enemy hero till he escapes.
But the strongest is the 2 heroes combined.Against undead lvl3 holy light and lvl3 storm T really smash heroes.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
OK, if you ask me if your MK is dying please say you bring at least a few Potions of Health along! The healing rate of Priests isn't much but still it's great for minimal amounts of damage say, from Dryads.

Always take along a few Potions. Another important lesson. If things get hairy I Mass Teleport or SotP away.....

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
the Paladin is a third hero, not a freaking first hero. First heros have skills that do DD AOe, not give their units heal. the paladin has to high of a cost for healing light for it to be uber in long term games, and the cooldown is much to high for it to be as effective as you believe.

Stop kidding youself, people don't like something b3ecause it sucks, not cause they can't use it properly.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
not many people use Paladin cause the other 3 Human heros r so much better. Bloodmage with his fire spell (forget the name) the Mager with blizzard, water elemental brilliance aura, Dwarf with avatar hammer bash. They all over shadow the Paladin. (wow lol cant remember any of the spells lol)

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Every hero in the game is good think about it. You just need to make choices of what is BETTER... which is why he's used less than others.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The Paladins skills r good but the reason y i think the others r better is because it had like a splash damage and can attack multiple units at a time like blizzard or firestorm. Paladins more of a 3rd pick hero not usually one you pick first.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me ask u this question,then .If u play vs undead which hero are u going to to use?The am that can die for 1second,the bm-the same even the mk who can make big dmg but sucks when he fights in a big undead army or the Paladin?Even in the very beginning when sb may rushes u with ghouls,every footmen is important-who can heal them if not the pally?Later,do u think that resurrecting 6 more units(knights for example)is not imortant-which is better-To kill a hero or unit with MK and have problems woth the army or to have 6 units more and to win ignoring the poor dmg of the pally?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If you constantly kill units with the MK you'll lose 6 units slower than you would than going defensive. And hell, Avatar comes with the added bonus of 'omg, kill it now' quotes from the enemy. Why do you think Avatar and Meta are such big targets? Both ruin armies! No matter what, I never consider the Pally first maybe second but most of the time if at all third.

Anyway, I'm willing to risk the losing side of the MK against Undead 'cos the returns in the upper ends of the battle outweigh it.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
the real reason some people will not use the paladin is because their playing style doesnt fit him!

after playing for a while you will eventually come to your own conclusions about which heros you like/dont like. Holy light as an amazingly powerful spell. 600 hp is something which no other spell in the game can instantly give or take. (except like finger of death but thats not even in the real game) Charm/posess kinda does

but then again holy light cant be offensive so its really all on how you plan to play.

Me? i use holy light in combination with dancing units... the unit which is getting hurt i run out of battle and while running i heal it and bring it back. Works great against ne because they tend to ffire so much.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, if you do go defensive with Pally I can tell you it won't be a nice finish. While healing is impressive and 21 armor nasty if you start getting focus fire from Archers, Dryads and Bears it's not such a nice thing after all. No amount of healing rocks when you're getting focus fired. Plus, Bears heal quite well too.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think its cause the paladin dosnt look cool so not many people pick him. Like for example the Blood Mage looks cool so people pick it. :)

Reaction score
I got to say that a pally is mostly good at attaking undead and the reason people mostly dont get him is becouse noone really cares of waisting his mana for healing yours or mostly other heroes thats on your team i used to get him first now i get BM then Pally the so pally can keep on healing BM when his in battle