HU~ the paladin, its decent, so why doesnt anyone use it?

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the paladin, its decent, so why doesnt anyone use it?

if you think about it, the paladin is actually really good. holy light which is 600 damage recovery to a unit instantly, is the best healing spell in the freakin game (next to death coil). the invuln spell can help you escape as well as attack and be inharmed for a solid ammount of time. devotion aura adds 3 armor which is like another 1 1/2 armor upgrade. not to mention bring 6 dead units back to life. lets say you go into a big ol' battle and your knights are dead, with the ressurection spell, they're all back at full health and ready to fight again, that saves you like 1500 gold and 360 lumber, and can be EXCELLENT FOR COUNTER

so, why dont i ever see him in games?

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
pally is my fav human hero; i have noticed he doesnt get used much either. In team games ill get him 1st even sometimes.

the trick with the pally imo is that he is not a SOLO hero... no he can't harass, no he can't attack that well (although his dmg is as good as the mks more or less), but....

if they rush you and you fend it off, an easy thing to do with any hero and militia, then you can COUNTER! This is the shiz! man a lvl 3 pal counter is inane, 1 pt in each ability roxxor.

i use pal each game pretty much. Often times they will ff on my AM and im like, "whatever..." and they get perky cause they almost pick him off and then i just hit t and click on the am and its back to full health :p

hl works great on knights with like 20 armor....

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He really saves units... himself with divine shield. Devotion aura lets units live that might have died without him, same thing with holy light. And , of course, ressurrection brings back 6 units, he is the ultimate conservationist =)

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and like i said earlier, if a battle is dead and both of you have like no units, you can ressurect 6 like knights and go own his ass.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think you just answered yourself. It's a decent hero. On the one hand, you have the 'decent' Pally. On the other, you have the horrible-to-enemies MK with Avatar and the Archmage with great skills.

If a battle is dead, I'd rather run for it by DSing instead of raising stuff back, unless it's Knights, then maybe, but still, 6 units don't take long to kill with a large army.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i didnt answer my question, my question was why nobody used him. i barely ever see him in games

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
That makes little tono sense.

To answeryour question, the paladin's skills arn't as useful as the AM and MK. I sometimes see him as athird, so itis hard to get a third hero to level 6. he just isn't good as a firstor second hero. he, like the dk, is targeted, and the healing light has such a highcooldown.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
And the fact that there are just better options for heroes early on. You can name any hero in the game and question why he's not seen more... (I've already done Tauren Chieftan lol) and KoTG, Dreadlord, etc.... it's just that AM is killer summoning, BM can FS everything, and MK can kill heroes. What can pally do? Save units? I might rather take the other 3 for a first hero, which is why he makes a good second hero =P

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Barely ever see him? Every game I play now, my Enemies rush with a pally! It makes me sick to see them. I think, now he has to be a newb for getting that, then he DS's and harrasses me like crazy....IT PISSES ME OFF!

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
pally is not really "a newb hero" you just have to use em right

i think that the pally is as good as the mk but you have to use him with your strategy. If you are not going to use the paladin in your strategy then he will seem only decent. but i know for me that i try to get the enemy to focus fire so i really enjoy playing witht he pally. my 3rd hero will be the mk/blm depending on what i need at the moment!

to answer his question i think it is because people dont understand how to use the paladin correctly

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
x42, pan, and citric have all hit it on the nose...the reason you dont see pally is because there are beter alternatives to choose from in the alter...

MK has storm bolt for early rush...followed by clap when he hits lvl 2..in my opinion the key to a rush is to take out the opposing teams heros...storm bolts SOLE PURPOSE is that...and plus hes got arguably the best lvl 6 in the game

and the AM is the best creeping hero...with WE and that aura...he becomes quite annoying...by lvl 7 he is pumping out WE like a mad man..with his large mana capacity and 200% mana reg wit hthe aura...and the blizz for the casters

sorry...pally is weak in comparisson and THAT is why you dont see him

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
better alternatives? maybe for their strategy but there is no better alternative in the game for what a paladin can do.

i had siege tanx with 12 armor!
knigts with 19!
yeh + holy light = works in my strat and thats why i use pally

not flamming but it makes me feel bad when you dis the pally because you dont know how to use him

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Knights can get 21... Everyone knows how to use him, what's there to know lol. Just holy light near dead units / undead and use devotion aura. He doesn't add units like the Water Elemental or stuns / kills heroes, which most people probably would rather have.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Personally, I like the paladin because I'm more into keeping units alive rather than having to keep reproducing. I don't look at my army as just an army, I look at the people in the army. The longer each of them can stay alive the better I'll do.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, that's the whole purpose of units. Why do you "pay" gold, lumber, and food to them... not to look cool. The reason you pay units is so they can attack and do damage and take hits. If they don't get an attack in before they die, then what did you pay for? An extra number when listing your units? The longer your units live, the more hits they put in, the more hits they put in the mor damage they do, the more damage they do, the mroe you win =)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Put it this way: Humans already have enough armor in their units. They have Inner Fire and Animal War Training, more than enough hassle.

And you have Heal by Priests. Not to say anything bad but THE PALLY SUCKS AT FIGHTING. Sure, it's strong but the cooldown for his attacks are kinda like sucky. Compared to the MK, he may be faster and a little stronger but the Pally doesn't have a hero killer like Bolt, a unit masher like Clap, a decent passive skill like Bash and a terror-skill like Avatar.

Holy Light: As I said, you have Heal and Inner Fire.
DS: Great, but the Pally doesn't attack fast enough to get anywhere.
Devotion Aura: As I said, Inner Fire/AWT/enough armor and HP in Knights/Gryphs
*forgot how to spell ultimate*: Hey, 6 Knights don't save your butt, they buy time for you to run. It's not offensive.

As second hero, you might say. The Archmage, however, boosts the mana regen of Priests and Sorc so you can aid in hitting air. WE is also a pretty impressive skill, and they don't disappear once you summon again. Great again. Blizzard is also a mini-Starfall, and it can do more damage, I think than Starfall when used correctly. And Mass Teleport saves more butts than the Pally's ultimate.

Another reason I hated Arthas.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yes, the paladin is not prefered, cause it isn't useful in the ways the others are. you ppl say i'd rather save units.. That is what micro and items like potions and scroll of healing is for.

plus you have priests. races like orcs have barely any healing units, so you should be so lucky

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think ressurrection can turn the tides of the battle in most games. You go in with 6 knights 3 priests and 2 heroes. He has 5 tauren 3 grunts etc. Say you weaken him and kill a couple but you lost 4 knights and 2 priests. YOu rezz them and all of a sudden you have yoiur full force against his weakend/ half dead force. I think it's one of the best ultimates in the game including the fact that you can't stop him from doing it.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
OK, fine, if you have 21 or so Armor for your Knights PLUS healing with the Pally I don't understand why you'd lose so many Knights. However, going Triple hero with Pally is a risky business. In FT, you have the Blood Mage, which works well as a starting and finishing hero, the MK/Arch can be for first or second, that leaves out the Pally.

The Triple Hero thing for Human doesn't seem to work well. Seriously.

And another thing. You can save thousands of Gold and Lumber with Ressurection but with the MK you can kill more units and heroes and put back the enemy more than you lost. Plus, if you do go Knights and Gryphs, chances are you have a decent supply of income yourself, so really, you shouldn't lose everything that much.