Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
riflemen or dragonhawks

why is it that all the bajillion ppl choose to mass riflemen and casters? i would have figured that they would mass hawks instead because:
A. they do more damage
B. share damage upg. with footies, sb, griffs, knights
C. more life
D. AIR UNIT

i wanted to find out why other than the fact that you have to wait until tier 2.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
are you sure u guys play human?

hell yes, Dhawks have higher life, but they get raped by HH cuz of:
-armor type
-and you must have not upged animal war training.

and rifles would own HH cuz rifles got medium armor and higher life then HH.

id say mixed is best choice, dhawks can shackel the air ,and rifles can be ground support from back.

thegame

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Melee units provide rifles a meatshield.
Nothing protects dragonhawks... plus they take double the damage from pierce attacks.

It depends on the situation..if enemy gets air.. get a mixture of rifles and dragonhawks, otherwise use only rifles.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i find a strat good to just straight up mass hawks....ive seen replays when people make 3 gryphon aviaries and just start pumping...This is very good against UD..coz they cant catch up with AA!!

Btw i didnt know animal war training upgrades the life of D-hawks!!!!!!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Rifles are more useful as to combine with other casters. But mass rifles cannot stop mass chims or wyrms. In this case hawks are better than rifles.

And against undead, well if they dont mass gargs make 5 gargs and if you make 3 haws you can own them. But once he sees you and decides to make mass gargs, then the best would be tanks because it's not good to use rifles vs undead

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd definately go dragonhawks. Against air, they pwn, and their cloud ability is really good against defensive buildings. I usually use rifles only in the beginning of the game.

Gl Hf,

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Rifleman are definitely a more viable choice because they are ranged units. Dhawks have the wrong armor type to be ranged units.

Since ranged units are overpowered right now, I would go with rifles. Dhawks are better at taking out mass air though.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ummm you see with 3 aviaries....the enemy wont catch up!! even with web or gargs. by the time they notice u will have at least 10 of them!!! And hawks have an ability to stop ranged buildings from attacking...how convenient against UD!!!

1 question do rifles own archers???

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont forget that the net/web doesnt only stop them , it continually decreases the hit points, but really rifles arent very good to use against UD

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they web ability from the fiends drains health...wow learn something new all the time!!!! I dont favor rifles either...UD usually go for blitzes so unless you have good walls they will work well....

btw do rifles own archers?

thegame

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Both have the same attack type and armour type, but riflemen own archers only because of their much higher hp.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by quiksilver87

btw do rifles own archers?
Oh yes they do. If they get hunts it's ok with rifles but in case they get archers, you know it is the 1st tier1 unit- if they mass them they can own your rifles, especially if they get DH

thegame

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But what if there are a few footmen with defend to protect the rifles? And a mk ?

In that case there's not much the ne can do with massed archers

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah ur right thegame....but archers can be massed soooo easily and can outnumber archers...hence archers will own rifles..

thegame

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i guess you are right, focussing fire is very effective with massed archers against a few riflemen.

But what about footmen w/defend ?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegame
i guess you are right, focussing fire is very effective with massed archers against a few riflemen.

But what about footmen w/defend ?
Yes footmen with defend can own them, if you add the 1st upgrade from the blacksmith even better. If you have AM with WEs- the best.