HU~ Problem with NE

kennywen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Problem with NE

Can anyone tell me how to defend with NE when Human play fast attack????? Human fast attack mean he build the tower at ur base and use the tower attack ur NE base............1st human build 1 farm , lumber mill, send 1 peasant to NE base and build tower...........

How to defend it???

:fencing :shoot

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Double post.

I replied to this in the Discussion forum as well.

But anyway,

Posting in the NE forum might help, for starters.

Otherwise, getting rushed by Humans early as NE is like getting cooked in a pressure cooker. NE has the tendancy to suck when their base is attacked. I suggest you get Hunts and DH out early. 'course, that might make you lose the point of the Archers.

kennywen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
i think before u get Hunts and DH out the human already build 2 tower at your base.........

don't forget that human can send more than 1 peasant to build tower......

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Either this is a Human tower rush, or the SuseJ rush is coming back into popularity...

Can't tell you for sure how to defend against it. The only advice I can offer is to get your DH out fast and hunt down the Peasants. Immolation will probably be the best point to put in. If a Peasant runs, target another one (if there are more than one). If there is only one Peasant, Immolation won't be necessary. Just start attacking the tower, but keep an eye on that Peasant. He may try something sneaky.

I can't give good advice because I can't quite see the timing on this attack. Maybe give a replay of the Human Tower rush so I can get a better feel for it?

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uh, correct me if i am wrong, but has anyone ever seen a human tower rush? Orc is the one that tower rushed, and if a human tower rushed, then you should easily be able to defend, because towers take longer for human, then they do for orc.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That's the thing. If someone actually rushed NE that early there wouldn't be much left for NE. Though the DH is more than a match for Peasants.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uh, correct me if i am wrong, but has anyone ever seen a human tower rush? Orc is the one that tower rushed, and if a human tower rushed, then you should easily be able to defend, because towers take longer for human, then they do for orc.
I mentioned this in the Human forums, but there was an old rush by Human players called the SuseJ rush, which went out of style for unknown reasons. It involved rushing with several Footies, a hero (usually MK), and some Militia, who would turn to Peasants right as the fighting began. The Footies and the MK would work on distracting the DH (any other hero and the NE was finished) and any other units while the Peasants speed built the Towers. The Human player needed to dance a lot, since the NE would likely go for the Peasants to stop them, but if those Towers ever became Guard Towers, the game was over.

This rush slaughtered NE players for quite some time, even those level 17 on up, so for a brief hiccup in WC3's life, NE became free wins for Human players. People stopped using it after a time though, so I suspect NE players learned to counter it in someway. Anyway, my point is that if Human players ever used that rush, I see no reason not to believe that they might actually try another way to turn the tables on NE using early Towers. Hey, desperation does crazy things.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Rage gives a perfect discription of the attack. Its actually very hard to counter, expectially now with the AoWs (our previous defence) having medium armor when uprooted. Since I go mass archers in 1.06, I can usually hold off by constantly building archers and getting lots of moonwells early. Moonwells keep the dh alive, and of you can mana burn the mk and manage to pick off the footies and peasents, you have a good chance of stopping it.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The truth still remains though. If it happened, NE bases suffer the worst of the worst. Since Wisps don't do crap, it won't help them to get Tower Rushed. Sometimes, though, the DH will end up getting more EXP from what it bargained for.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I wouldn't go through the tough process of just getting the tech though. And why hopefully? Do you wanna make me sadder about 1.06 than I already am? 'cept Dryads.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Now that I think of it, what really succeeded was Human. Everything got screwed one way or another. Now we need to get some new cooking Human recipes.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why is it that in almost every game you play, sorceresses are always they number one most annoying, and usually the strongest characters?, and that humans are always the most annoying race? all the patch did was make those 2 sentences even more valid, its not fair that bnet keeps uping the power of sorcs and human in all of their games.