HU~ Paladin, the 1st agility hero?

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
Paladin, the 1st agility hero?

what would you guys think if the pally was switched to become an agility hero?

the reason i post this is because i think it would make sense:
1. Give him a combat boost
2. Agility heros have increased armor and that would make the armor aura all the more sensical
3. Agility heros have increased attack rate and that would make his divie shield all hte more practical
4. The humans need an agility hero
5. The other healing hero is agility based and works well in combat
6. It would make the paladin a viable choice as 1st hero

Why not the mk? because dwarfs always rely on strength and the mk is awesome with his strength as primary attribute.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
NO. His damage would be so low even the DL would eclipse it.

Not all the best heroes have great Agility scores (MK, DK and KotG if you like it).

The DH and BM, as you might compare him to, are naturally strong. They have great movement speed and turn rate and naturally large amounts of damage for meagre stats.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's what he's trying to say. Just make agility his primary attribute... he'll have the same damage. This a great idea IMO because the only problem I see with being a agility based melee hero is that it would be SO easy to die... DH doesn't die easy because of evasion, bm because of windwalk and mirror. Paladin? Divine Shield.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
NO! The Pally's Strength /level is 2.7 and the Agility/Level 1.5. His damage would be so damn low and his health the same but it doesn't gain the healing bonus for HP therefore he'd die easier!

The only exception is the DH and BM. As I said, they're naturally strong. You need to know the World Editor for this, but the 24-46 damage is not stat related, it's naturally like that.

Yes, it would make DS more useful but it doesn't really last that long. The cooldown time for the Pally is I think 2.1 seconds so if it did make Agility, it still would be extremely slow. It's slow for a hero as well.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Paladin an agility hero? rofl, lets make the TC and agility hero, and the crypt lord intellegence. while were at it, make the lich strength. ahahaha lets **** around with shti we don't know about.

Paladin is strength, making him agility would making him worse then he is. humans do not need an agility hero, as undead do not have one either. one other thing to add, the NE do not have a strength hero.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well you could make the Paladin an agility based hero just rase his hp to make up for low hp and if he leveled up with agility he could be ok its an ok idea but i dont think it would ever work.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
That would throw the entire game out of balance. the entire paladin would have to be completely redone, since agility heros are fast and attack fast, have lower hp higher armor lower attack etc.

The game woould be thrown out of balance, and more patches would follow having to nerf and buff things you wouldn't normaly cause human is now a race with strength intelegence and agility.

think, It is not a requirement, the paladin is fine the way it is, he just isn't prefered. no reason to change the game.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I tried making the DH a strength hero and *swears badly* it's so damn strong! I think it's weaker in Meta form if you do that as well.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Exactly, you have to completely change it around. if the DH was strength, it would be beaten with the nerf stick badly. you can not just switch a hero's class because you think he would be better like that. Not once has blizzard done such in it's patch's.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i learn holy light first but what the hell i know! i use orc.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
Exactly, you have to completely change it around. if the DH was strength, it would be beaten with the nerf stick badly. you can not just switch a hero's class because you think he would be better like that. Not once has blizzard done such in it's patch's.
Actually, it was too strong. Meta was an option. The fact both the DH and BM gain more Strength as Agility Heroes is interesting though.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man i played too much of the demo and i got used playing with orc. Anyway i save sheild for my sec skill.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The only thing that agility would be good for in paladin is in custom games thats all. Like gladiators with alot of tomes and the paladin being agility health and armor goes up attack goes up attacks fast and can also use divine shield so it would only be good there.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man use that crap on the undead 300 damage.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
guys im not an idiot ok...

if the paladin was switched to agility as primary attribute he woulddnt gain 2.7 strength a level LMAO! no he would gain 2.7 agility cause thats his main attribute.

and its not like i dun know what im talking about guys... every race has an agility hero except humans! (yes ud do its called a dark ranger) and ds would compensate for the low hp

but the pally is not really viable as a 1st hero right now and if he was agility it would be better for harass

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swordancer

if the paladin was switched to agility as primary attribute he woulddnt gain 2.7 strength a level LMAO! no he would gain 2.7 agility cause thats his main attribute.

and its not like i dun know what im talking about guys... every race has an agility hero except humans! (yes ud do its called a dark ranger) and ds would compensate for the low hp

but the pally is not really viable as a 1st hero right now and if he was agility it would be better for harass
but every race can get the dark ranger, even humans, so if u put it like that, humans have an agility her, its called the dark ranger.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swordancer

The DH and BM gain less Agility/Level than Strength/level.