How to stop: MAP HACKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

perro

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've searched high and low. Talked to lots of people, seached these forums and still nothing....

Does anyone know of a way to stop map hackers? Are there any 1.10 antihacks? I am yet to see anything that works. This is lame, why don't the people at Blizzard sober up and write some code.

Please help.

WorldWar003

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.feetman.com
i dont think thier is one that u can download....but if thier iz PLZ post it :fencing

Newbs_SucK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blizzard trys hard to take actions in preventing users hacking. but unfortunately, when a new patch comes out within a day new hacks are created. If you think sc is bad, check the hacks on war3. and theres already been packed to 1.06

D2 is even worse

war3:

"
Warcraft III and Diablo II Accounts Closed, CD Keys Banned
Tuesday, April 1, 2003 <http://www.battle.net/images-new/pixel.gif> UPDATE: THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS? JOKE

Numerous additional accounts and CD keys were tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing Warcraft III or Diablo II on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against hacks and cheats, we have permanently closed over 12,000 Warcraft III accounts and over 131,000 Diablo II accounts. We have also banned over 7,000 CD keys from ladder play for one month and banned over 1,000 Warcraft III CD keys from ladder play permanently. Please note that repeat offenders risk having their CD keys disabled, which results in permanent removal from Battle.net for their copies of Warcraft III or Diablo II.

We continue to monitor the Warcraft III and Diablo II realms for malicious players. We regret having to employ these extreme measures; however, certain unscrupulous players have impaired the game play of the Warcraft III and Diablo II communities as a whole, and severe action continues to be warranted and required. We would also like to reassure everyone that a false report filed by one player against another will not result in the actions described above.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you would like to report additional instances of hacking or cheating, please contact us at hacks@blizzard.com. Thank you again for your continued support.

"
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Beta Accounts Closed, Beta CD Keys Banned
Wednesday, April 16, 2003 <http://www.battle.net/images-new/pixel.gif> We have identified a small number of accounts and CD keys with which a hack or cheat program has been used while playing the beta of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against hacks and cheats, the following actions have been taken:

* The identified beta accounts have been permanently closed.
* The beta CD keys and Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos CD keys associated with these accounts have been permanently banned from the beta realms (if two players shared a beta CD key and one cheated, both players were effectively banned).
* Any additional CD keys that had been used to access Battle.net along with the banned keys mentioned above have also been banned from the beta realms. For instance, if the beta was installed with two different copies of Reign of Chaos, the beta CD key and the CD keys for BOTH copies of Reign of Chaos have been banned.

Running the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne beta test allows us to fine-tune the game experience; cheating during the test can severely hinder our efforts. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you would like to report additional instances of hacking or cheating, please contact us at hacks@blizzard.com. Thank you again for your continued support.

--Blizzard Entertainment

"

~T3~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.tdll.vze.com
i think you should just give up, the best way to stop hackers is i think to get some hacks yourself

perro

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was hoping to see a v1.10 anti map hack. A map hack detector with auto disconnect would be cool.

WorldWar003

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.feetman.com
yes...yes that would be kool but i think it would be hard to make......(SUM ONE PLZ MAKE IT):fencing

dark-riot

Member!
Reaction score
i dont think it's possible to make a map hack detector, since the hack is client side you couldn't detect it unless you hacked into their computer.

~T3~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.tdll.vze.com
its not really client side its more server beuase its going into bnet changeing everything around in the game so it has to be sending out info somewhere

botting-speedy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ntn.vze.com
the best way to beat a hacker is to point out how he is noob and what skills hes missing.
pfffffffffffffft
best way to beat a hacker is to be a better hacker then him
mwahahahahaha
just dont be a noob and say you have hacks or that you are using them. NEVER SAY THAT! one screenshot and BOOM! byby

Vanguard

Member!
Reaction score
Website
gecko.gc.maricopa.edu
There is no way to prevent hacks, but if you're skilled enough you will be able to defeat the player even if he's using one. That's probably the best way of punishing hackers, making them realize the fact that they suck. :p

FotL_WanD4

Member!
Reaction score
alright, yes there is a script that runs pre-game. While you get the "briefing data" it will kick you if you have any 3rd party programs ie maphacks. right now there isnt such a program for melee, it only for the UMS. I guess if you were bored you could grab the maps [Snipers Bald] with the anti-cheating script in them and converit into your own trainer type prog... but wouldnt that kick you then from the game too? lol w/e someone made a stack hack... someone will make an anti-maphack sometime

Originally posted by dark-riot
i dont think it's possible to make a map hack detector, since the hack is client side you couldn't detect it unless you hacked into their computer.
The maphack isnt just client, how does it show what your enemy does? its definitly exploitable; but in order to do that, you do have to be a better hacker to make anti-hacking tools.

M

mace-

Since there are no hack detectors yet, I have found the best defense is to play with someone you know and use a program like roger wilco as an in game walkie talkie.:fencing

nickolay2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you people are obviously unitelligent. map hacks are totally client side, but there is an indirect way of detecting it which i will not disclose.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
ahahaha nicks right its client side unless you have remote access to him thro trojan or something your not getting anywhere. Indirect way hmmm i think i know that way

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
around 1/2 of D2 players maphack (atleast on east,) and all the banned accounts were botters.

anyways, starcraft wise, you CAN prevent it in UMS. if you put an independent terran CC or something like that in the corner of a map in which you need to hack to see, if they maphack their SC will crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.