How To Softmod Your Xbox - UPDATED-USES NDUREv2

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Disclaimer
I in no way take responsibility for you ****ing up your xbox. I have done this many times and it has always worked for me. I will try to help you to all of my abilities to get your xbox working again if you **** it up. If you follow this guide step by step, it WILL work.

Requirements

Xbox(duh)
PC(must have ethernet port)
Hub/Rounter/Switch/2 Ethernet Ports in your PC
2*Cat5e cable's
mirc
007 Agent Under Fire, MechAssault Live (not the demo with starwars and tetris) or Splintercell (not all of them work, but this is what I use.)
Save Game Exploit(http://cotagod.5gigs.com/xbox files/)
NDURE v 2(http://cotagod.5gigs.com/xbox files/)
MS or Madcatz Memory Card
Action Replay Software (http://cotagod.5gigs.com/xbox files/)
Either a ActionReplay or a USB cable that you can cut up and a new break away cable (just go to bestbuy/futureshop and you can get one for 10$ canadian or like 7$ usd) or a friend with a modded xbox

I know this sounds like ALOT, but chances are, you got most of them allready, the only things you may not have is the actionreplay or the save game exploit.
http://cotagod.5gigs.com/xbox files/

Step 1.

Get all the files that you need from my host, you will want these to enhance your xbox :p You can get more stuff at the #xbins mirc channel on EFNet.

Step 2.

Get the Save Game Exploit, and UXE, Now if you got a action replay, your work is cut out for you, put the save game on your memory card, and your done for this part, go to part 2. If you dont have a action replay, but you do have a friend that has a modded xbox, your work is also cut out for you, send the exploit to your friend, get him to put it on a memory card for you, and move on to part 2. Now, if you dont have a action replay or a friend with a modded xbox, you MUST go buy a break away cable and steal your printers usb cable (joking, but you need a usb cable to cut up, if you dont have one, just go buy a action replay, because it will be cheaper/easyer in the long end then buying a break away cable and a usb cable). What alot of people dont understand is that the xbox controller ports are accually USB1.1 ports, that have a different shape. Simply follow this tut : http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbox-usb-xbox-cable.php

and then continue.

Open the action replay software, put the save game into it, then put it onto your memory card. Should be simple enough.

Step 3

Part 3.

Connect a Cat5e Cable to your xbox from your hub/router/switch/extra ethernetport and reattach your stock break away cable and attach it back to your xbox, and boot up without a cd. Go to the top and press A, then go to the memory card and find your save game and copy it to your xbox. Now take your memory card out of the controller, and reboot the system with the game in it. Load your save game, the screen should go black, then boot up into something that looks totally weird!!! its called Evo-X. Go down to system util's then backup, then go back one and go to settings. Make sure your network settings are setup correctly and that your IP address is not 0.0.0.0 If it is 0.0.0.0 change "Use Static IP" to yes and then reboot and load up your save game again so that your back here. If it is still 0.0.0.0 make sure your router supports dhcp, if your not using a router, or it does not support that, you will have to set the ip to give it a address, an example is 192.168.0.2 Remember the ip address.

Part 4.

Go into Internet Explorer and copy/paste this in it if your ip address is 192.168.0.2, if it isnt, replace it with the ip address.
Code:
ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.2

Now, you should be bombarded with like 7 different partions, DONT WORRY!!! this is good!!! Go to E then to UData. Remember the name of the save game? should be something like 4541000d, go in there, now go into 000000000000. You should now see a bunch of files and folders. Folders : backup, bios, temp. Files : Datelinfo.xbx, default.xbe,evox.ini,items.txt,savemeta.xbx,xbsave game.dat. This is what your suppost to be seeing, if you do not see these, you are in the wrong folder, go back and look for the right folder. Copy the backup folder to your desktop.

Part 5.

NDURE: (Next dimension uberrmenhal exploit): Ndure is derived from UEEE. IT uses xonlinedash.xbe from special 4920 MS dash. Instead of looking for fonts in C:/fonts folder, It looks for fonts in C:/xodash folder. This feature enables you to have a unmodified retail MS dash in C drive. It uses more stable fonts than UXE/UDE2. It allows you to run a alternative tray state modded-unmodded setup just like modchips, in unmodded state it has the ability to launch MS dash which will allow easier acces to XBL system. It does not mean that Ndure is safe from XBL banning. If MS checks you HD and finds modified files, they can still ban you.

Ndure Installer for PC: Ndure installer installs includes necessary files needed to run ndure on a xbox. This installer includes very basic sets of files and also advance components and configuartion for users. This can also be used a patcher for C drive files to enable Ndure.

Steps to use ndure :
1. Open the exe, and click next
2. UNCHECK shadow C, click next
3. Make a new directory somewhere, and choose it. Click next, click next, click finish.

This will create a folder with tray state booting ability to original MS Dash. If you start your xbox with the power button, It will boot to modded state and run unleashx. If you start the box with eject button ( tray open), it will boot to MS dash with unmodded state.For best results you NEED to use xboxdashboard version 5960. Which is the most recent MS dashboard. You can update your dashboard with dashupdate.xbe that can be found on all game disks.

OPTIONAL!!
This installer makes it for use with unleashX, i perfer evo-x myself, because i just need it to load my other .xbe's, i dont need other fancy shit, so, go into the folders, go to e\dash, and replace the files with my evox package you can download from my webhost.

3. Patching C drive files:

For this, it is recommend that you have latest MS dash (5960.01 V. 185EAD00). Have all of the dash files in a folder named "C". Next, run the installer. As a destination folder, select the folder that has "C" folder. It will add/rename/delete necessary files and create a complete C drive replacement.

C drive folder before patching:

Audio
fonts
xboxdashdata.185ead00 (includes settings_adoc.xip)
xodash
xboxdash.xbe

C drive folder after patching:

Audio
fonts
xboxdashdata.185ead00 (without settings_adoc.xip)
xodash
media
bios (includes closed-retail.xbe and Nkpatcher10)
xboxdash.xbe
msxboxdash.xbe

Uploading To Xbox:

First make sure that you do not have any file called "settings_adoc.xip" in C:\xboxdashdata.185EAD00 folder in C drive. If there is the file, then delete it.

Upload the files with any ftp client. You can batch upload the files if you wish. It is necessary that you upload ernie.xtf ( In xodash folder) first and then upload xbox.xtf ( In xodash folder). Since all ftp client uploads files in alphabetical order, It will upload earnie.xtf before xbox.xtf. Checek your ftp log to see the order or you can upload the fonts manually to C:\xodash\ folder.

DONE XD

JustAnotherNerd

Member!
Reaction score
im using flash fxp i was running my xbox off of a wireless adapter and it said connection failed so i connected with ethernet cord and i got it to load up the files with the letters on them and i clicked on E and this is what happened (recall of the whole thing) what am i doing wrong? Instant Msg me at ModsNeededHere

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
[R] Connecting to 192.168.1.102 -> IP=192.168.1.102 PORT=21
[R] Connected to 192.168.1.102
[R] 220 Please enter your login name now.
[R] USER xbox
[R] 331 Password required for xbox.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User xbox logged in , proceed.
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] FEAT
[R] 502 feat is not implemented.
[R] REST 100
[R] 502 rest is not implemented.
[R] This site may not allow file resuming
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/" is current directory
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to ASCII.
[R] PASV
[R] 502 pasv is not implemented.
[R] PORT 192,168,1,100,10,158
[R] 200 Port command ok.
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /.
[R] 226 Transfer finished successfully. Data connection closed.
[R] List Complete: 424 bytes in 0.23 seconds (1.8 KB/s)
[R] CWD E
[R] Connection lost: 192.168.1.102

JustAnotherNerd

Member!
Reaction score
ok i worked my way through all that using flash fxp no i have warlock and turf on my desktop and now im using ppf o-matic for the next step i put warlock in the top box next to iso and then in the bottom box it tells me to put the ppf wtf is the ppf? where is it? o and what file do i find sanctuary i didnt see it in either file that it says to look in for the maps

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
J A N...you are a hardcore modder. You really destroy the game, ya know?

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah no shit man.

Wtf are you doing? that has nothign to do with modding the box. Im not offering support on installing the halo 2 maps.

wongchi

Reaction score
Hello everyone ....

Hello Eveyone....

I hope someone still read this post. I know it is an old post since last year but i just got my refurbished xbox and wanted to softmod it. I have been reading this thread for a few days already and still not make me a clear understand of it at all. I am wondering if someone here can help me, to assist me with some question.... I will pay someone if you willing to help me....

thanks.....

wong;