How to OWN all with WIND DRUID

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This Guide is an advanced players build of the 1.10 Wind Druid. I normally wouldn't reveal the information that I’m going to here. The reason why I'm doing this is because my parents stole my D2 from me, and I’ll probably never play the game again. So, enjoy kicking major butt with my build. The build is capable of MF and PvP with the same gear, and is proficient at both jobs. The ONLY difficulty the character has is with Godly TrapaSins, Blizzard Sorcs (see strategy for more information on Druid vs. Sorc,) and Godly WW Barbs. The instructions for the build are listed first. There is a PvP Strategy after the build instructions. The summery explains why the Wind Druid is so Godly, and the power he possesses which is often over looked by most players.

Build Instructions

Skill Tree:

20 Hurricane
20 Tornado
20 Twister
20 Cyclone Armor
20 Oak Sage
1 Summon Grizzly*(see notation)

*Summon Grizzly is a must have. He will keep Monsters from swarming you. More importantly, he will keep Bone Spirits, Traps, and Guided Arrows from hitting you.

Stats:

Strength: Enough for your gear. My Wind Druid has 77 Str naked.

Dexterity: Enough for Max Block. This amount of Dex will also improve your ability to defend against physical damage.

Vitality: ALL remaining stats will go in here

Energy: This is a WASTE of stats don’t put a point in it!

Two item lists are included. One is a Godly Setup for more fortune players, and the other a Beginner Setup, which has proven to be very successful. Any items that I thought that you might question I have included a notation at the bottom of the list with their purpose. Both items lists have been tested thoroughly.

Godly Items (list 1):

Head Gear: Harlequin Crest Shako Socketed*(see notation)
Amulet: Perfect Metal Grid or Perfect Mara's
Weapon: Wizard Spike Bone Knife Socketed Cold facet jewel*(see notation)
Armor: Archon Plate Enigma
Shield: Storm Shield Monarch Socketed Eld Rune**(see notation)
Gloves: Magefists Light Gauntlets
Belt: Arachnid Spider Web Sash
Boots: War Traveler Battle Boots***(see notation)
Rings: Stone of Jordan ring and Bul-Kathos Wedding Band***(see notation)
Charms: Elemental Grand Charms, Annilus Charm, and Small Life Charms

*Wiz is better then Hoto on this build. If you don't belive me then why read the guide? I have tried both. I have a untested theory that more negative resistances to enemies will improve the stunning effect of hurricane; enemies with a good FHR tend to be unaffected by its stun. If my theory were true then a Doom (rune word) for the 2 Skills, Holy Freeze and Negative 60 resist would own all. In addition, Cold Facet in Shako, but my build is using a P Topaz for MF right now.

**You want to Eld your SS. I know its Rune number 2, but its the best thing for a Wind Druids' SS. SS on a Druid does 67% Block Naturally and Eld will increase it to 74% Nat Block saving you tons of Dex points and giving you more Vita. Ideally the most Godly Shield would be a Jewelers Monarch of Deflecting 15-15 Cold Facets Eld*(see above notation) Keep in mind that changing shields would require you to change belts to maintain a good DR. In such a case, I recommend Verdungos Mithril Coil.

***Both of these items are used for the additional life and other good mods. Remember that the Wind druid is a TANK; no one can take as much punishment as this guy.

Beginner Items (list 2):

Head Gear: Lore, or Peasant Crown War Hat, or Jalals Totemic Mask
Amulet: Saracens Chance or + Druid Skills ammy
Weapon: Wizard Spike Bone Knife*(see notation)
Armor: Viper Magi Serpent Skin Armor
Shield: Whistands Guard Round Shield, or Rhyme Superior Grim Shield
Gloves: Magefists Light Gauntlets
Belt: String of Ears Demon Hide Sash or Verdungos Mithril Coil**(see notation)
Boots: Water Walks Sharkskin Boots
Rings: FCR rings or Nagel Ring Rings

*Wizard Spike Bone Knife is necessary for this build. If you don't have Wizard Spike, and can't get one, I strongly suggest trying a different build.

**These belts are imperative to your success. Both belts can have up to 15% Physical Damage Reduction. Without one of these, your DR is at 0%, and that is a very bad thing.

PvP Strategy:

General:

Be prepared to cast your Cyclone Armor, Spirit Wolves (or Bear,)
Oak Sage, and Hurricane repeatedly in one Duel.

Bone/Psn Necro, Trap Sin, GA Zon, Foh Pally:

Summon 5 Spirit Wolves, 5 Ravens, and your Oak Sage. Cast Hurricane, and Cyclone Armor. Tele or run on top of the enemy, and left click Tornados on them. The Spirit Wolves will confuse the Bone Spirits, Guided Arrows, and Traps. The Hurricane, and Ravens should lock the enemy up if they are a poor build. Tornados will do the killing. Cyclone Armor, and Oak Sage will keep you alive. Bone Necros like to use bone spear when you start doing this. In this case Tele behind their casting.

Melee Builds and WW Barbs:

Do not summon anything other then Oak Sage. Cast Hurricane, and Cyclone Armor. Dodge the melee attacks at all cost. When a Barb WWs Tele out of the way and cast Tornado while he’s still WW. Tele towards Charge Pally and past him before casting Tornado. With Charged Strike Zons, it is likely that you will be casting Cyclone Armor more often then Tornados. 1-2 Charged Strikes will kill you if you don't have Cyclone Armor casted.

Hammer Pally:

Play this one passive. Name lock the Pally with Tornado after you have casted Hurricane and Oak Sage. The Hurricane will usually make them keep their distance from you. Eventually they will be hit by to many Tornados and get owned. Hammer Pally tries to Tele on top of you and cast Blessed Hammer when you start doing this. DO NOT move if he does. If you are going to survive don’t move and cast Tornados on him. Even after he dies don't move until the Hammers stop.

Sorc (all mage builds other then blizzard):

Summon your Bear, 5 Ravens, and Oak Sage. Cast your hurricane and Cyclone Armor. If you have Enigma or an Ammy with Tele charges remember that the Sorc invented Tele. Run towards the Sorc and cast Cyclone Armor every time the Sorc hits you. When you get close enough Tele on top of her and cast some Tornados. She will Tele away so you have to do this a few times. The hardest part is catching her. Your Cyclone Armor is strong but beware of Lighting, if it reaches Max Dmg, it can kill you in one hit even with full Resistance, and Cyclone Armor.

*You can be healed by FO Sorcs with 2 Raven Frost Rings, Spirit Keeper Earth Keeper, Snowclash Battle Belt, and Blackoak Luna.

Blizzard Sorc:

These are the hardest and most dreaded to duel against. If you can't Tele, and don't have a GODLY Hurricane don't even bother. Nothing can stop Blizzard. The items in the notation above were used with 85 cold Resistance, base level 17 Cyclone Armor with the skill adds from Items (list 1,) and over 2000 life against a level 30 blizzard. The blizzard still killed in one hit. The only hope for survival is to cast Hurricane, Cyclone Armor, and Oak Sage. Tele in circles around the Sorc while she is casting Blizzard until she dies. Pray not to be hit and that she dies fast.

Summery:

Essentially the Wind Druid is a TANK. At Lvl 99 a Wind Druid could have nearly 350 in Vita with over a 400% increase in life, Max Block, and over 2000 Natural Absorb Elemental Damage. However, the skill tree is completed at around Lvl 90.
With items from Item (list 2) and a belt full of Full Rejuvenation Potions at Lvl 80, my Druid has been able to stand in front of the D-Clone for up to 1/2 hour at a time without rest! In Meph runs, he sustains no Dmg most of the time. He can do Pit runs alone in a full game. He is nearly capable if doing a solo Baal run in Hell mode. Many times, he has DOMINATED PvP games.
I haven't perfected the build, however, this is close.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
No PvP guide for Psn Nova Necro?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yes, read it again. You didn't say anything about duelin a Novanecro. Hell, if I dueled you, and I switched some of my gear around, I could probably beat you easy....Why? Your Cyclone armor doesn't abosrb poison! AHA!!!!!!! If anything, you'll probably have a crapload of resists...(stacked)

And for NovaNecro's: If they don't teleport, teleport IN FRONT OF THEM

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes i did mention psn nova necros. Its the same as bone necros when they are casting bone spirit. You tele on top of them and cast tornados. The Necro has less life then a druid and the tornados do dmg faster then povan nova. I've owned every psn necro I've dueled like this.
Yes the gear from the first list gives about 60 psn resist depending on the quality of the annilus charm. For your information I tested the stacked resistance theory and it doesnt work unless you are talking about a necro using psn facets and lower resistance. If the resistance is a big problem for you then switch the BK Ring to Natures Peace Ring, you should have one in your stash for Pit Runs anyways. If the necro uses lower resisantce hes going to be dead before he can cast more then one psn nova.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Lol sure......I've killed next to every Wind Druid due to the fact that...well....Blocking > Them. Hell, Nova takes 1 hit and you are at least 1/2 life in a second.

xXSMGXx

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ill own you with my vindi/templar or my 2 handed botd pole barb, gg. BTW this guide was posted and appeared long time ago, but its still good : )

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
also u forgot zons, Guide will pwn u with WF, and my trapsin will pwn u with MB (200 magic dmg)

sry, but its jus not gonna work. However, I appreciate the fact that you actually made a wind dru guide.. However, the pvp section is lame. Jus put general strat and what to do in pvm.

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bow zons are really weak compared to this build sry but i owned them all; the trap assassin yes they are hard to kill. Keep in mind i didnt make this stuff up, I actually played with this character ALOT on ladder. He really did own.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
ON LADDER? omfg you nub. Go duel on Nonladder, where everyone has real duelers that are meant for dueling. Christ....

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How about I go to open bnet dude? HC > Ladder > Non ladder > Open bnet. Owned k thx.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Sure go ahead. Hell, you are a moron. Talking shit with your Wind Druid (Not to mention a CC), and then you duel on Ladder where about 80% of ALL the duelers are NOT duelers. Christ...duel where there are loads of duelers, like non-ladder.

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You dont know what your talking about. The PvP players on the ladder are just as good if not better then PvP players on non ladder. Non ladder duelers suck; my 09 zon can kill them.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
doesnt matter, u cant prove it since ur mom took ur D2 away (how lame, get a life)
OH yea, bowazons arent weak when they got pretty good stuff, I owned alot of Wind druids with Eagle horn only.

LOL when u said bowazons suck, u say that ur .09 zon can own... ROFL LMAO no, u prob havent seen good NL duelers yet.

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive played since 08 k thx i know what im doing; if u want to own then follow the guide if not then do something else no comment needed.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I played since 1.00 kthx bye bye

If ur gonna write a guide, include everything in it (zons)

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Those wind druid must be pretty suxor if your owning them with Eagle + GA, even if you were owning them with WF they would still be suxor druids. So its a good thing i made the guide.

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Btw the last place you want to be is infront of a psn necro because alot of them use a max bone spirit to finish you. Behind them with a few summons between the two is best.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Moron...Novanecro's do NOT use Spirit because it is too slow. I don't think you know what the hell you are talking about. Hell, you duel on ladder? Lol that's still a joke... And Since when does dueling in 1.08 matter? Everything/everyone was overpowered, just like the Hex in 1.09. Common sense just went out that window with fuxor's name on it.