How to install metamod tutorial

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
I think I'm overdue for a CS tutorial, and making a RealBot tutorial takes too long to figure out how it works, and how to install it. And PLEASE, do not IM me about it. RealBot no longer works for me, and I don’t know how to get it set up.

OK, onto the tutorial:
First, you need to install CS & Steam. If you don’t know how to do that, you’re looking in the wrong place. Create a server (without Metamod), to get the server config set up.

First off, I’m going to use the symbol $ to represent your counter-strike directory. So:
$ = C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamAPPS\EMAIL\Counter-Strike
That’s all that means.

If the following folders don’t exist, then create them:
$\Cstrike\Addons
$\Cstrike\Addons\Metamod
$\Cstrike\Addons\Metamod\DLLS

Next, you need to download metamod: http://metamod.org/dl/dlls/metamod.dll.zip
Unzip it, and copy/paste it to the following directory:
$\Cstrike\Addons\Metamod\DLLS\
Which results in the file:
$\Cstrike\Addons\Metamod\DLLS\metamod.dll

Next, in your $\Cstrike\ directory, look for a file called listlib.gam. Right Click it, and open it up with notepad. Near the bottom, you should see a line that starts with: gamedll.
Change the line to the following:
gamedll "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll"

Close the file. This next part is sometimes required, but I would do it anyway:

Right click on the listlib.gam file, and click on properties. Check the box labeled Read-Only, and click ok.

Now you have metamod installed, but you don’t have anything to do with it. You’re going to need a plugins.ini file. I’ve been kind enough to provide one for you. You can download it from: http://www.alm.web1000.com/plugins.ini (you may need right click, then click save as). Save this file to your $\Cstrike\Addons\Metamod\ folder. In this file you can put all the addons for metamod that you want. I currently have it set up for the StatsMe mod. You can erase this line to configure it yourself if you wish.

Please feel free to ask for help:
Email: ALM33@cox.net
AIM SN: GameChampAZ
Or you can PM me.

(I’ve also attached a copy of the plugins.ini file)

EDIT: Ok, here's how to install the StatsMe mod for metamod.
It is fairly simple. You can download it here (direct link) or goto http://www.unitedadmins.com/ and get it from there.

Now, if you haven't already installed metamod, read the above tutorial. Copy the ENTIRE statsme folder to $\Cstrike\Addons\ which will give you the folder $\Cstrike\Addons\statsme

Now, all you have to do is configure the plugins.ini file for metamod to go with stats me. Lucky you, the attached file already has it done.

If you want to do it yourself add the following link to plugins.ini file:

win32 addons\statsme\dlls\sm_cstrike_mm.dll

Yes, that's all there is to it.

M

mctimmym

thnx alot Killer i followed ur tutorial and it worked a treat !!! cheers mate.
MC-Timmy-M