How to Install CS/HL

RuneyPoo

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Update-

Here is how to update to CS 1.6

After you have successfully installed Counter Strike 1.5 you will have to now update to 1.6. To do this go to http://www.steampowered.com and download STEAM. STEAM is the new way of getting into servers for CS and other Half-Life Mods and is now necessary to play.

After you have sucessfully downloaded steam you need to add CS to your games list. It is not hard. It will do it pretty much on its own after you put your settings and options.

Then. You should try to start CS and it should automatically update to 1.6 without any problems. If you do have any problems, reinstall. It usually fixes it.

You can now play Counter-Strike 1.6, which has new guns, better graphics, and uses STEAM, Steam makes it alot easier to join servers. Just try it out, you will see what I mean.

-Tokin-

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I updated Half-Life to the latest update, then I downloaded CS vs1.5 full.exe.

To update Half-Life, go to Sierra homepage, they have it there.

Here you go, got it for you :)

Now, you must download csv15full.exe, try here, if it doesn't works just make a search on google for csv15full.exe.

Then you run that file, and there you go, ready to play.

There's no need to buy them CS ;)

X

xjMaN88lx

yea thanks again runexten2... and GsVi-Crazy, at the moment you have 1337 feedback.. that means Leet for CS lol

Tokin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Updating to STEAM and 1.6 on Counter-Strike

Update-

Here is how to update to CS 1.6

After you have successfully installed Counter Strike 1.5 you will have to now update to 1.6. To do this go to http://www.steampowered.com and download STEAM. STEAM is the new way of getting into servers for CS and other Half-Life Mods and is now necessary to play.

After you have sucessfully downloaded steam you need to add CS to your games list. It is not hard. It will do it pretty much on its own after you put your settings and options.

Then. You should try to start CS and it should automatically update to 1.6 without any problems. If you do have any problems, reinstall. It usually fixes it.

You can now play Counter-Strike 1.6, which has new guns, better graphics, and uses STEAM, Steam makes it alot easier to join servers. Just try it out, you will see what I mean. :D

-Tokin-

LordCaeser

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Id like to also note that if you download a steam with cache, you DONT have to dl CS1.5 first....
it already has 1.5 inside... and if you already have dled it, you should dl the no cache steam, which is around 0.9 megs if im not wrong..
it will then download a bit of updates and youll be able to play.. this is recommended if you already have all the mods you plan to install, or if you dont have many mods which you plan on playing.. (you can always dl the other mods from steam if you decide you wanna try them out..)

also, one last thing - if you plan on using steam and you dont have half life installed yet/cant install from CD for some reason but you still have a cd key, you can download steam and it will download half life for you (or you can get one with HL cached)
thats all for today, hoped it proved usefull

Reaction score
Website
LIEK.WTF.HAPPEN.TO.DIS.SITE.COM
K, umm how do you know if you have Counter strike 1.5, cuz i just installed it and i think its old. Now im installing the steampowered thingy.. which will take ALl day.

war3man

Premium Member
Reaction score
edit*

ok i dled both and it now says hl.exe cannot be found...

T

TheLast1

I have a probem, i am really sorry if there has alraedy been a post like this, if there has just give me a link to it.

First of all, I have cs 1.5,
when i click on net games it just show a lot of ip numbers, with no map, serever or game names. it says half life for everyone, and has 0/0 players on each game. When i clikc refresh, it takes like 10 minutes to find all the servers, but after that it just shows all of them like i have described on top. It also used to try 4 times to connect to other servers before this(when i actually saw the names of the game and amount of people) but then it couldn't and the reason was "couldnt connect"

another porblem i have, is that i want to play with my friend only, but when he tells me the i.p. of his game that he made, i type it in on "add server" and afterwards it says that it cant connect. Maybe Im not typing it in right or maybe he is getting it wrong, im not even sure that im getting it from the right place.

If anyone can help me, ill be really greatful,

btw the reason i dont have steam is because i used to have it and it screwed up my computer, so i dont need it.

Teddy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
now i need a cd key..

somone give me 1