How To Hack Your Xbox In 5 Minutes-NO MODCHIP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Welcome to COTA-GoD's Tutorial for hacking your xbox, without having to void your warentee. YOU CAN STILL USE XBOX LIVE, BUT MAKE SURE TO MAKE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH THE DASH BEFORE YOU HACK IT, YOU THEN HAVE TO ACCESS LIVE THRU THE RETAIL GAME, AND NOT THRU ANY OTHER WAY OR YOU WILL BE BANNED!!!!!!!

Disclaimer
I in no way take responsibility for you ****ing up your xbox. I have done this many times and it has always worked for me. I will try to help you to all of my abilities to get your xbox working again if you **** it up. If you follow this guide step by step, it WILL work.

Requirements

Xbox(duh)
PC(must have ethernet port)
Hub/Rounter/Switch/2 Ethernet Ports in your PC
2*Cat5e cable's
mirc
007 Agent Under Fire, MechAssault Live (not the demo with starwars and tetris) or Splintercell (not all of them work, but this is what I use.)
Save Game Exploit(http://www.gamers2k4.com/cotagod/xboxfiles/)
UXE (Uber Xbox Exploit)(http://www.gamers2k4.com/cotagod/xboxfiles/)
MS or Madcatz Memory Card
Action Replay Software (http://www.gamers2k4.com/cotagod/xboxfiles/)
Either a ActionReplay or a USB cable that you can cut up and a new break away cable (just go to bestbuy/futureshop and you can get one for 10$ canadian or like 7$ usd) or a friend with a modded xbox

I know this sounds like ALOT, but chances are, you got most of them allready, the only things you may not have is the actionreplay or the save game exploit.
http://www.gamers2k4.com/cotagod/xboxfiles/

Part 1a.

Get all the files that you want from my ftp, you will want these to enhance your xbox :p You can get more stuff at the #xbins mirc channel on EFNet.

Part 1b.

Get the Save Game Exploit, and UXE, Now if you got a action replay, your work is cut out for you, put the save game on your memory card, and your done for this part, go to part 2. If you dont have a action replay, but you do have a friend that has a modded xbox, your work is also cut out for you, send the exploit to your friend, get him to put it on a memory card for you, and move on to part 2. Now, if you dont have a action replay or a friend with a modded xbox, you MUST go buy a break away cable and steal your printers usb cable (joking, but you need a usb cable to cut up, if you dont have one, just go buy a action replay, because it will be cheaper/easyer in the long end then buying a break away cable and a usb cable). What alot of people dont understand is that the xbox controller ports are accually USB1.1 ports, that have a different shape. Simply follow this tut : http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbox-usb-xbox-cable.php

and then continue.

Open the action replay software, put the save game into it, then put it onto your memory card. Should be simple enough.

Part 3.

Connect a Cat5e Cable to your xbox from your hub/router/switch/extra ethernetport and reattach your stock break away cable and attach it back to your xbox, and boot up without a cd. Go to the top and press A, then go to the memory card and find your save game and copy it to your xbox. Now take your memory card out of the controller, and reboot the system with the game in it. Load your save game, the screen should go black, then boot up into something that looks totally weird!!! its called Evo-X. Go down to system util's then backup, then go back one and go to settings. Make sure your network settings are setup correctly and that your IP address is not 0.0.0.0 If it is 0.0.0.0 change "Use Static IP" to yes and then reboot and load up your save game again so that your back here. If it is still 0.0.0.0 make sure the Cat5e cable is in right. Remember the ip address.

Part 4.

Go into Internet Explorer and copy/paste this in it if your ip address is 192.168.0.2, if it isnt, replace it with the ip address.
Code:
ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.2

Now, you should be bombarded with like 7 different partions, DONT WORRY!!! this is good!!! Go to E then to UData. Remember the name of the save game? should be something like 4541000d, go in there, now go into 000000000000. You should now see a bunch of files and folders. Folders : backup, bios, temp. Files : Datelinfo.xbx, default.xbe,evox.ini,items.txt,savemeta.xbx,xbsave game.dat. This is what your suppost to be seeing, if you do not see these, you are in the wrong folder, go back and look for the right folder. Copy the backup folder to your desktop, then return back to where you see all the partions and go to the C: drive. Rename "xboxdash.xbe" to "xboxdash-org.xbe" and the" fonts" folder to "f0nts" and copy/paste the UXE hack to your xbox. Reboot your xbox and u will now have a h4x0r473d xbox! :p

Now, if you have problems,....you might be able to boot the save game exploit, do that and turn everything to default again, and try agian. If you cant boot the save game exploit... you got a few more problems ahead of you. Go get XBHDM and put your eeprom (in the backup folder you copied) and you can unlock the hdd, go t o the browser, and turn things back to default, then find out what you did wrong. Well, this is the end, any comments or questions is welcome.

FL4R3

Member!
Reaction score
no way does that really work??

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Umm wtf this is sticky'd so why did you make this? Ne ways i hacked mine WAY differnt.. its called mech assualt and lunix =D

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
no it isnt stickied and this is different, this is UXE, it works on every version (including 1.6b), yes flare, it works. Ill be postin links to UXE and the SC game exploit soon.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Soft mod, right? Yeah, if you didn't know about this, and you've had an Xbox for awhile....there's no excuse but ignorance.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
yes softmod, prox, alot of people think that the ONLY way is with hardware (a modchip), the people MUST be informed!

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
so what are some of the benifits you get from hackin your xbox? I've been wantin to get a mod chip but if there's a way to do it without one..

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
DarkGhost368 said:
little to much time on your hands....

ahhh, hee hee hee, yeah i do xD

benifits (like ive said many many many times.....) is emulators, mp3's, dled movies, shoutcasts, run games off hdd (load times MUCH faster, its like a xbox on drugs....good drugs, like speed, or herowin,lol), run linux, ect ect ect many many good things. Modchips are gay and useless, softmoding is where its at. The only reason you would ever want a modchip is for LCD support, and even then you can get the LCD-Mod chip, its just a chip that gives you a serial bus, no hacks on it or anything, its more or less for the people that use cheap ass 10$ chips or that softmod :)

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
I really wanna do this soft mod but I just got XBL and I dont want to f*ck up my Xbox and get banned from Live. I know I will because I cant fallow directions.

Velvet

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is Genuis Cota it worked fine on mine

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
COTA, so i can...lets say...download a game of bittorrent and play it? if so, im actually doing this. i have a mod chip for my ps2 and i was gonna mod my xbox...but this is cheaper, so im gonna do this...only if i can play downloaded games.

Im PMing you to read this.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
There was no traffic happening at SG, so i gradually stoped going there. Ive got a new exploit that would make things alot easyer, all i have to do is test it, i will remake the tutorial either way after i test.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, none of those links work...making me not mod my xbox this weekend.

Aaaand, do you really have to do that to one of your controller thingies; with the usb, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.