How to beat mass Mountain Giants with bears(3v3 RT ladder)

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
alot of times i random-whore my race, i end up with having an enemie NE player that like to mass fully upgraded mountain giants with bears. Sure the bears are easy to beat. But fully upgraded Mgs with spell resistance is i think unstoppable.
Does anyone know how to counter this strat, with tips from evry race. i tried air after i knew there where going mgs, but air attks is to weak and my land units still gets clobbered quick.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
RT haha. Unless someone is jacking off healing wards to make up for thier slow attacks, you are going to lose your ground forces. Tauren are probably the best melee unit to slay mountain giants with. If you are going to use Bears, you will need to Rejuev any bears that are nearly getting clobbered.

MG still have weaknesses, you just need to exploit them. Also, you could always rush the fag and prevent him from getting MGs. If you can destroy at least the shop, then the MGs will stop coming.

TheGreatBlademaster

Reaction score
hmm

if you catch them using mgs early on they wont have many and they most likely wont be upgraded. So scouting is important or else you'll get attacked by fully upgraded mg's and bears. Although that usually takes time to make, so if you dont see much of the enemy then they might be doing it, so again scouting is important, also if you notice the shop in teir 1 or 2 it might be good to attack it.

So if your Orcs and your hero is shadow hunter with level 2 hex = mgs useless in combat and die quickly. Orcs raiders can do decent damage and net them, troll witch docters statis traps and healing wards. Some grunts also and maybe a catapult or 2.

For Humans you can use the socesseress's polymorph on them and slow down the already slow mgs. mortars and knights are good combo also, Air could be helpful.

Nightelves cyclone is good on them also, chimeras, or ancients, if your defending stay close to the wells. Also bears could help but you need to micro them.

Basically anything to make the mgs vunerable or out of battle will help you greatly in removing this threat. siege can be helpful also i think. If you can take out the enemy before they make the mgs and bears a serious threat, you should find an easy victory. But if you let them tech all the way up some of the blame can be your fault.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheGreatBlademaster said:
For Humans you can use the socesseress's polymorph on them and slow down the already slow mgs. mortars and knights are good combo also, Air could be helpful.

Nightelves cyclone is good on them also, chimeras, or ancients, if your defending stay close to the wells. Also bears could help but you need to micro them.
Did you forget about a buff called Resistant Skin?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
alot of times i random-whore my race, i end up with having an enemie NE player that like to mass fully upgraded mountain giants with bears. Sure the bears are easy to beat. But fully upgraded Mgs with spell resistance is i think unstoppable.
Does anyone know how to counter this strat, with tips from evry race. i tried air after i knew there where going mgs, but air attks is to weak and my land units still gets clobbered quick.

MG's are a pain in the ass to get rid of once they have like 5-6 of them. IF you are going to go air the races you should consider are Elves, Orcs with Hipp Riders or Wyverns. If you are going to go land I could give you a million combos with any race that will own the MG's. But an easier trick is to just rush them early and not let them get MG's at all.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And if you need to fight MGs, get t3 melee and start healing them. Also, your aerial ally should either help you kill them or bypass them and go for the other units. The range player or someone with siege should bypass the mg and go for the units in the back.

MGs have slow attacks, you can easily conquer them no problem. The real problem is they meat shield for the other units that could cause problems.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I almost never have problems with them anyways, MG's are way to expensive and aren't usually massed unless its 3v3 or 4v4

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, which is what the problem he has is in. In 2on2 and 1on1, they are a liability more than a useful factor. Then again, there are strategies involving micro + Taunt + Rejuevinaton to make the ultimate meat shields.