How to attack a terran base with it's front blocked and as many as 40 missile turrets

wuv1004

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmm... I was on Bnet yesterday playing 2:2.

Me and my friend got rid of one of them."zerg @ 6. My friend and i (Protoss) were located @ 12 and 3, and our enemy @ 11(Terran). BTW BGH~!! :eek::eek:

by the time we finished one, the terran had blocked the entrance and all it's side filled w/ turrets , Front w/ about 7-10 tanks and massive amount of Battle Cruisers. By the time we started to attack 11, we couldn't get passed the front nor drop. So we went for carriers. my frind lost almost 2/3 of his base and all units due to the Battle Cruisers attack, leaving me 1:1 against my oponent.

I went for massive amout or ht's (for Storm) and carriers. some zealots and dt's. I tried getting attackng the tanks in the front while sending z's and dt's and backing up w/ HT's in case of Battle cruisers. Nothing seem to work.. ... he had about 17-20 battle cruisers..... At the and i ended up loosing cause my friend couldn't recover.

I was wondering if anyone would give me some thoughts about how to deal in a case like ths.

Arwhy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, since the Terran walled himself in, wouldn't you therefore be free to spread all over the map and steal the resources?

If you suspect Battlecruisers, you may want Arbiters with Statis Field to give you more time to bring units in. If you can deal with the Battlecruisers, and the Terran hasn't managed to expand, then it shouldn't be too hard to finish him off. Attacking from the side with Carriers should work, because the silly turrets will hit the intercepters.

wuv1004

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I tried the sides but the cruisers were there everytime. I did expand, but BGH resourses don['t decrease.

It could have ended up in a draw.... but i gave up basically... it was getting annoying, he'll build and repair more and more turrets as i destroyed them ... thanks for feedback

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Well. if you can't beat him, rush hm with your parnter.
It's obvious that he is only a beginner(or newb) who plays nr20 only. and he can't even do shit without Battlecruisers.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
One should have gone scouts, the other massed zealots.

Arbiters to freeze BCs and tanks, send zealots to destroy the base.

When stasis ended, BCs would die very well, and tanks too.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Disruption web for the wall and Stasis field for the BC's. Feedback works wonders against BC's, as it will Half their HP if they have full upgraded energy. then after that psi storm them. or try mass scouts;)

wuv1004

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Awesome! I had arbiters and I was freezing them. The only problem was when he attacked me first w/ the Science Vassel. he used "......" to get rid of mana ... he had about 4 Science vassals w/ him all the time... I used the webs on the tanks and turrets, but the tanks were to fair away from each other, giving me a hard time to pass through......

Now that i think about it... if i controlled my units better I would have successeded through the side controllng better my ht's w/ storms and bringing my carriers close enough to my base, so my ht's could storm them...... and arbiters stasis field.......

I regret i didn't save the replay!! I was way toooo pissed to loose to him.....

my id ingame US east: kpride4eva or kpryde4eva..... give me a whisper so maybe we can get together and play sometime......

AiYaZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how about rushing with zeolots to draw fire and then storming, 9-10 tanks arent a lot, i would have recalled...

And if you say "he had turrets", then again, draw fire, sacrafice some units, like a scout or something.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
try to feedback the sci vessels before they can cast EMP. or send your sairs/scouts to eliminate the vessels.

wuv1004

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I had completely forgotten about the "feedback" :p

Thanks guys....

Lot's of thoughts, maybe i should have gone w/ air as soon as i saw him blocking the entrance.....

w00t

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You know, since it is BGH, you could've expanded about 4 times and just massed Scouts and kamikazed to his CC and blown it up, that'd hurt him for a while. And take some Arbiters to kamikaze into it as well, then just Recall about 36 Dragoons. That would've won it for you.

SMD

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only way to get through it was to first get rid of his bc's wif scouts. if he keeps building more just get an arbiter to buytime. n also the advantage for u is to expand n get as much resources as possible. so this will give u enuf money to build lots of gateways/stargates so u can build units at a faster pace. eventually u will beat his defence.

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
Hmm... Well, I'm not really the greatet SC player ever(I hardly ever play melee, FFA, top vs bottom, etc... GO UMS), although, would a combo of 'Sairs(webs, anti-air), Reaves', and 'Arbs(cloak) work?
I mean, Reaves' should tear up turrets and tanks like nuttin' if you use 'Sairs to killScience Vessels?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Reavers would never have gotten in range...he was on an island with one entrance, which...well doesn't make it an island, but you know what i mean. The Reavers would've been owned by the Tanks, which are behind Bunkers and Supply Depots. I think...

wuv1004

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
After all this ....

I think the best way was through scouts, sair w/ webs massive z's, recall and storms.....

I played someone else and he was doing the same thing.....

This time instead of just ground units I went for massive dt drops w/ reavers before he had a chance to build massive turrets... Thanks all....

Any other thoughts let me know guys... Thanx a bunch :)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Since its PvT hmmmm.....

If the turrets are close to each other you can Disrupt web some and create a weakpoint in the defensive grid. Another drastic method could be to get carriers and attack them. Or if there is an enterance to the base, GROUND ATTACK!

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
No. it's the ability of the Dark Archon. it drains the enemy unit's Energy and deals damage equal to the amount of Energy drained. for example, you used Feedback on a batttlecruiser with 250 energy, feedback will drain all it's Energy and deal 250 damage to the BC.