How tall do you think SC Units are?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
In general, if you think about it, they are probavbly a lot bigger then most people would precieve them to be. For instance, the average marine is maybe 6 Feet to 6'5 Feet, or so. I think anyways. Now, in-game, a Hydralisk is a bit taller then a Marine, so they are probably 8 to 9 feet tall respectively. A Goliath is taller then a Hydralisk, I'm assming 11 or so feet tall, given it's a pretty big machine to begin with. Archons look to be much larger then most units, besides the Ultralisk. I believe both are well over 18 feet tall, maybe the size of a two-story houser, or a little in-between that. A BattleCrusier, on average, is probably as big as....maybe a football field or two? Who knows.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
A marine is average sized, around 1,72 meters. The hydralisk is taller, around 2 meters, and the zealot is the tallest of the three, I think he has 2,50 meters.

The BattleCruiser is just huge. Two football fields? Nah. Try two hundred.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The buildings I would assume are not to scale like some of the units likey would be. I would go on to assume that the in game units are not to scale if they were in "real life" so to say.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TrongaMonga said:
A marine is average sized, around 1,72 meters. The hydralisk is taller, around 2 meters, and the zealot is the tallest of the three, I think he has 2,50 meters.

The BattleCruiser is just huge. Two football fields? Nah. Try two hundred.
Based on hiow big it looked in rthe Brood War Cinematic, it looks about the size of two Football Fields, in my opinion. It doesn't seem that big, but chances are good it is pretty big regardless. I wonder how big Dragoons are? Maybe the size of two SUV's placed side by side?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Based on hiow big it looked in rthe Brood War Cinematic, it looks about the size of two Football Fields, in my opinion. It doesn't seem that big, but chances are good it is pretty big regardless. I wonder how big Dragoons are? Maybe the size of two SUV's placed side by side?
yeah but you also assume every single one would be built the exact same. Mankind has a tendency to change designs of various things, and the game wouldn't represent it but even cinematics show that humans arn't confined to the type of ships you see in game only, there seems to be a large variety of different ships with different sizes etc.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
drop ship is biggest unit, it can hold 2 bcs from what I herad...... ;;

marine aer 2 m
zlots are bit bigger then rines
hydras are 4m
lings are big dogs

bc isnt the size of 2 foot ball field...

dragoons are like cars or trucks
carriers are bigger than bcs.
mutalisks are relatively small, same for guardians and devours,
however pan's vagina can swallow all units in sc at a time.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Pan said:
yeah but you also assume every single one would be built the exact same. Mankind has a tendency to change designs of various things, and the game wouldn't represent it but even cinematics show that humans arn't confined to the type of ships you see in game only, there seems to be a large variety of different ships with different sizes etc.
That's true too. I just wish they gave more clues as to how big the units really are. Makes me wonder if a Nexus is the size of a house or a school, you know?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I regarded the cinematic where they are cloacked by an arbiter, together with the fleet of Carriers, in the Original Protoss Campaign.

And if you look at an image of the Gangrithor, in the image that first appears in the end of the same campaign, you can see the Gangrithor floating, and it's a lot bigger than the Protoss base.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Zerg and Protoss units = enormous

Other than terran mechanical units, biological ones are probably mega small. Uh...6ft?

- Amantis

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TrongaMonga said:
I regarded the cinematic where they are cloacked by an arbiter, together with the fleet of Carriers, in the Original Protoss Campaign.

And if you look at an image of the Gangrithor, in the image that first appears in the end of the same campaign, you can see the Gangrithor floating, and it's a lot bigger than the Protoss base.
I qalso remember that, but in general Carriers seem a lot bigger then Battlecrusiers to begin with. Science Vessals are also probably pretty big too, we just can't notice it. In the Cinematics, they are like..really big.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
wonder how they build them in like 2 minutes if there so big

Caiman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well if you look at the marine in the campaign selection screen (with the hydralisk on the left, the marine in the middle, and the zealot on the right), you will see that the marine's head is really really small, which makes me think he's wearing some kind of robotic suit or something.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
maby b/c they do?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I'd think that marines (while wearing their combat suits) are over two meters tall on average. You gotta remember that those suits are huge and they add a few inches. I'd imagine they're about seven feet tall on average... a bit over two meters. Hydralisk height would vary based on if it's standing or traveling. There's a shot of one in a cinematic in Starcraft (I think). It must've been almost four meters tall at the top of its head-crest thing.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Ack. You're saying we have Yao Mings walking around who can shoot needles from heir foreheads?

I really need to get that manual. It does give a hefty chunk of info on StarCraft that you really can't find anywhere else. Can anyone give a good height rating on how tall an Ultralisk or Archon might be? The units fasicnate me, and in general I take pride in knowing a lot about them, and height is no exception.