How much practice

tard07

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how much practice did u guys need before doin well on b.net. i havent started b.net yet im not ready im currently playing the comp 1v1 i can beet easy no prob and normal i lose sometimes but not that much am i ready for b.net?

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
sure. most ppl i know never did practice before they started playin ladder games and such. jus play a couple games and see how u do.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have 23 loses, so that is 23 ladder gmaes i practise on before i start to not lose.

Omega_Weapon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Prac...tice?...No, seriously. Just get a 'practice' name and see how you do. If ya suck really bad...just play custom games...heh.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^Don't listen to this guy here.^^^^^^^^^ LOL

Practice is the only way to get good at anything. All of you here must understand that someday. WC3 helped me understand that greatly. To get good at something you must practice practice practice!! It took me a good 20 games to start getting good at TFT.

Omega_Weapon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey now...You might not need practice...you could have a natural ability....But to become even better you'd need that practice thing...And you're right, don't listen to me! wait....

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Omega_Weapon_
If ya suck really bad...just play custom games...heh.
I was referring to this.

Omega_Weapon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh...But custom games might help ya...Micro Wars would help him in regular games....Helped me, kinda. And I find custom games quite fun...More so than regular games...So maybe I helped him...*nod nod*

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Of course everyone loves custom games. However, most of them will NOT improve your skills. The only ones might be Micro Wars or DOTA.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I believe even custom games like hero arena can help with hero control. although extremely unrealistic with massive amounts of tomes, you still have to master your heros skills ewhich is good.

micro wars is still the best custom game ever.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Practicamos.

I didn't practice any at all..I played through the campaigns but I cheated..You probably should play a few custom games though, maybe a 2v1 battle.net game, pair yourself with a comp for back up against another comp. Watch a couple replays too, I guess.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The campaigns do help at coping with pressure but it kinda sucks. And the reason we have so many n00b tower rushers is because you can complete the missions vitually dependant on towers.

Hero defense maps are good for hero control, and tower defense for hotkeys, even though they're different.

Custom games are quite good. But I just found a few n00bs and took them all on or something.....

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by UltimateJim
if you cant beat a comp insane without cheating, your not ready for b net... peroid...
Ya, I don't know if I can. I haven't tried lately....lol. I tried once in ROC but it owned me 3 times in sucession, it was pathetic. The comp was just too quick at building and was way too good at micro.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by UltimateJim
if you cant beat a comp insane without cheating, your not ready for b net... peroid...
Insane comps get like 2x the amount of gold as you do, and micros like a level 20 player. so that has nothing to do with being able to play on bnet

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I agree with ya on that one pan. Insane comps are very good. I have never been able to beat one.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I make a practice account, then I play alot get to like level 5 or something then make a new one.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, take me for instance. For about 4 months, I had no Internet connection available except at my dad's, and that was like once every 2 weeks, so I played the comps that were at my disposal. I slowly began to realize, that fighting comps, makes you faster then fighing humans when you first start off. I guess it's just the fact that I played alot of newbs, but I noriced unless they were good players with a new account, they were very slow. Fighting a comp teaches you how to get your army up very fast, but it doesn't teach you how to rush, so that's one big down side. But, I played some 250 comp stomps before I felt ready to go online, that's just me though. I'd say the majority were victories. Either do that, or just make a newb account and screw around alittle.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The major factor about the cpu besides the gold amount or anything like that is thta they cpu dosnt screw around and waste time at all it has a set plan and it minimizes the time it take to get that by alot . Juts one thing after another no break no screwing around.