How does grief work???

dav

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
first time playing ladder and just got a grief for smiter.

the smite dmg does not go up AT ALL when i put on the grief... i heard that this is the best weapon for smiter but dont see why or how...

also any1 suggest wut i should put in my shako? Um or Sheal or 40ed jewel? (cant afford ber) gives reasons pls

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
greif is no longer the best for smiter as the +damage doesnt add to it anymore. Get a doom (expensive, breaks a lot) or a Oath, both are great IMO.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
although i havnt played hardly at all since grief became shit, i think itd still be goo dfor uber tristers due to lifetap, maybe not though?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Rafflles, grief is useless unless perfect.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
how did they nerf it in 1.11? my friend was still doing awesome damage with his smiter vs. uber trist, and that was 1.11.

I would still think that the high ias would help? or does it not?

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
uber trist was brought in the game in 1.11, but you're implying that it wasnt, lol :)

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
try last wish i heard thats another awsome weap for smiter...although its probably the most expensive runeword...

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
_Johnny said:
how did they nerf it in 1.11? my friend was still doing awesome damage with his smiter vs. uber trist, and that was 1.11.

I would still think that the high ias would help? or does it not?

read my previous posts.

Fat-Jedi-cheese

Member!
Reaction score
IMO id say use famine, or if u cant get stuff like that then try to just get something that does ignore targets def and prvent monster heal.
id also have to agree with seymore because last wish freaking OWNS for nearly any character.

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
sorry about reviving but then you will get mad at me for starting a new thread so.... how does grief and enhanced damage work?

is it like [(340 to 400)+base weapon dmg]*your enhanced damage by skills or equip

or

[(base weapon damage)*your enhanced damage]+340-400

answer now die

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
grief is pretty much useless, the main purpose for it in d2x was for a smiter because the 400 (perfect grief) damage was added onto your smite damage which did a mess. a smiter with a exile and tyreals would be a god tank so he could just pump up his vit like crazy since tyreals needs no strength to use. since they nerfed it, a smiter isn't very strong anymore and he can't do much damage. he is just a pointless tank that runs around in duels if you use grief.
since the nerf the 2 best duelers are blizz sorc and hammerdin because of their 1 hit kills (well at least for blizz sorc, sometimes it takes 2-3 hammers depending on the person you fight)

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Last wish is the best.
Grief is crappy
Worth nothing nowadays.

dNiym

Member!
Reaction score
People are still making griefs on smiters left and right on us east. Personally I just made a LW phase blade and man im lovin it its buckets O fun! Kinda makes me wish I had invested a few more points in charge, I get 2k charge damage with only level 7 charge.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
My smiter totally pwns ubers and he uses

-Hoz

-Guilaums visage

-Azurewrath

-Gores/Goblin Toes

-Dracs

-Dungos

-Sreraphs

-Duress

david-dman

Reaction score
first thing is i may be a noob but i know my builds my friend uses a lw phase and at lvl 89 he owns almost everyone and thing....cept me we have the same build same gear exept i use a perfect 40/400 grief we both use exile and i always win and im 3 lvls lower than him