How do you own 24 carriers?

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
It's different if you can clone lockdown, but otherwise a waste of time. Maybe you need to stop playing money maps before you start thinking certain strats are good. The number one reason why money maps are frowned upon.

In addition to this. There's a reason why carriers are used vs terran as opposed to the other races even at pro level. Even Nada loses to these. Don't let the fact that your a terran player cloud your judgement. You can KNOW how to beat carriers all you like and still lose to them. Boxer loses to carriers, too, BTW. All toss has to do is micro and let the carrier's speed and support units take care of the rest. If you think the finger of god is easily countered because carriers are in that combo, then you're not too smart.
A bit of hostility there...calm down...lol

1) I never play money maps

2) You're right on goliaths, but if carriers are truly, desperately needed on open field, that strategy no longer works...

3) You're right about terran players knowing how to beat carriers and may lose to them, but you have to admit: Not every protoss player has the 'finger of god' just as not every terran player has it either. If the protoss player uses awesome micro, then he'll obviously win... If he doesn't then he'll probably lose.

4) You're also right about if clone lockdown is done, it's probably a different story...(clone lockdown is pretty hard, which is something I myself should practice due to thinking about this thread's content) although ghosts probably aren't going to be trained before carriers are spotted. And this can probably be countered assuming an arbiter with 100mp can stasis lock, during which terran player can do other fun activities, such as finger painting! <-sarcasm

5) Even if the protoss player does have 12 carriers, under the right conditions(toss having less money, no expos, etc) terran players may kill them just as awesome terran units may be overwhelmed if the protoss player has leverage over his opponent.

It's not like once there's carriers, it's freaking game over(maybe under a master protoss probably)... though it'll probably be pretty close

But you're basically right.. There is a reason why carriers are used: because it's very effective against Terran(I'll take it from the words of you, Phoenix). Some pro-level terran players may lose to them.

With all this talk about getting 12 carriers and arbiters in addition to 'support units' it sounds as if you were sometimes playing money maps as well... jk. I know it can be done...lol

btw, if carriers go on top of cliffs, and goliaths attack, do they have 70% chance of being hit?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I don't play on money maps. I usually go carriers/corsairs. It's not that the terran can't beat carrs, but it's because carriers move so fast that it's difficult to chase carriers with goliaths. And because carriers move so fast, carriers can do hit-and-run against goliaths and wipe them out. Goliaths can still reach carrs on cliffs, but there are so few gollies that can reach carriers, while the others move around back and forth. People have complained that carriers move too fast for a capital ship. I'm not being hostile. If you've been here since I was here, you would see why I get frustrated when I have to repeat myself and people still ignore me and continue to BS. It's possible to get the Finger of God on a non-money map, but this requires lots of map control. But, I stick to carriers/corsairs. This works fine for me.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah I guess I understand...

Carriers are kinda pretty fast for goliaths, and cliffing is good too.

In my opinion, a good counter for carriers would be cloaked wraiths(which die easily) with observer killed or better yet, optical flared...