How do you own 24 carriers?

Savenor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lockdown the Carriers then use EMP, Carrier's aren't dodging nothing. And, the observer(s) can be taken out with a simple Scanning Sweep or a Science Vessel + Wraiths. And, bring in a fleet of Valkyries, and they take out the Interceptors + Carriers like nothing. It is very possible and easy for Terrans to effectively defeat 24 Carriers. Plus, EMP takes out not only shielding but energy so the Arbiter won't have any energy to use Stasis Field AND can't cloak the Carriers because the Sci Vessels are there. Lockdown + Scan Sweep + EMP + Valkyries make Carriers easy for Terrans.

EDIT: And if I'm not mistaken ( I might be wrong ), Restoration from Medics relieves units of Stasis. Again, I am not too sure that's right.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Medics can't restore stasis. Sorry. Like I said before. Terrans are pushovers when it comes to carriers. You have no hard counter to them. Carriers are still quite viable vs terran.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
There's not much need to use EMP to remove the shield of the carriers... And to remove any shield. Shield gets lost easily with any unit. I use EMP to finish off the mana of Arbiters, then lockdown and atack. Stasis is 100, it won't get back so soon.

Savenor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, you obviously didn't read any of my post, except for the medic part, which I was skeptical about it me being correct because you can't target them in Stasis, but meh... But that still doesn't mean Terrans don't have an adequate defense against Protoss Carriers. In case you didn't know, 3 Battlecruisers can take out a Carrier in out shot with a Yamato Gun, so 12 Battlecruisers could easily take on Carriers without much trouble. Especially with Valkyries supporting them. A wing of Valkyries can not only deal significant damage to the Carrier itself, but its 3x3 radius + splash PER MISSILE can destroy the Interceptors, which means after a short time, the Carriers won't have any interceptors to attack with.

EDIT: Oops, I thought it was 12 Carriers, then 20 BC's would prolly do, with the Valk's support as well as Sci Vessels, Wraiths, and Ghosts.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
2 Yamato Guns needed to destroy one carrier, not 3.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First of all, who emps lockdown carriers? If its lockdowned then you can kill it with just about anything. This further demonstrates how USELESS emp is.

Secondly, whatever turns you on.

Savenor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Look at it this way. If some and not all of the Carriers are lockdowned by the Ghosts, using EMP's allows you to kill the Carrier faster, allowing you to take on the other Carriers quicker. I still cannot believe that you think the EMP is useless! It may be underhanded, but it does work.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can't believe you still think that its useful. The actual missile doesn't target a unit but the ground and therefore quite easy to move out the way when you see the SV. If so inclined, you can move towards the SV and EMP will still miss.

Savenor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:crackin When you're in the heat of battle with a fleet of Carriers against the defense of an enemy, you are NOT going to take the time to conveniently move your Carriers out of the path of an EMP. Trust me, it doesn't happen.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes I am. Since the first reaction after seeig a SV is running away.

Savenor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Then if you move your Carriers, you aren't paying attention to the rest of the battle, meaning you'd lose them anyway? Imagine a wing of 12 Valkyries approaches you from the left. And 2 - 3 Science Vessels approach you from the right? Are you trying to tell me you would RUN away from the SCIENCE VESSELS and not the Valkyries? :shoot You'd get pwned, my friend.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You act as if this is suppose to be something new. I never get caught off guard that. Valkyries aren't counters to carriers or didn't you get the memo?

Savenor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not to Carriers, but they'll relieve you of your Interceptors rather quickly. Listen, I don't think neither one of us is going to give in to the other, it's just going to be a stand-off. I'm sure, that if you were Protoss and I was Terran you'd own me because I'm not really that good, but I'm just saying that the Terrans have a formidable defense against Carriers. Maybe its more expensive or a bit more difficult to pull off, but the Terrans can defend against a fleet of Carriers. So to end this --> :fencing, you -->:wavey :shoot <-- me. Good-bye.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We have been going at it for some time now. I'm just sick of people saying cars are easily countered. No hard feelings.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
moral of the story: play real opponents before making wild claims about something being easily countered or not.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
EMP is not that useful, it may seem like it's the best magic against carriers but it really isn't. you guys can keep saying stuff but in real-game, you really can't do anything if you aren't well-prepared against carriers. I'm not saying carrier is the best air unit but I've seen many people using carriers against me and I just couldn't do anything about it. Goliaths are useless b/c they can't shoot carriers but Interceptors. and Battlcruiser and Science Vessel are too expensive. And so far...I agree with Phoenix2003.
I think best way to kill carrier is make wraiths and use Comsat station, take out Observers and when you think you took out all Observers, then you can cloak wraiths and take out carriers.
Few valkyries can help killing Obs, that saves time and wraiths.
And one more thing, Hydralisks and Defiler's dark swarm can be good but carriers aren't that good against zerg, and what if corsairs use disruption web on Hydras? Hydras can't do anyting about it.

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
moral of the story: play real opponents before making wild claims about something being easily countered or not.
I was wrong about the 24 carriers beating a population consisting of devourers.:D I checked my old replays and found out that several of my carriers have died and i have recruited(build) extra carriers to replace them. So i had like around 36-48 carriers in total... and my opponent stop building anything so i end up winning.:)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
killing carriers as zerg is actually really easy, once you get a feel for how to do it which can take some time.PLague as many as you can, then cast a few dark swarms over your hydras.also, mass scourges, they will rape carriers.be sure to put lots of spore colonys around your fast base, carriers have a difficult time getting past them.hope this helps