How do you get your hero levels to like 5 or 6

homestar333

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alright i creep as much as i can with the least amount of units as i can but i cant seem to get past level 2 can sum1 tell me how to increase levels faster?

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Damn, you mean you can't get past lvl 2 in the early game?!?! Creep hard creeps, and taking out units makes no difference, Heros get the experiance anyways. Other then creeping, fight your opponent, takeo ut his workers, fight his Heros(and win), other then that....your up a creek...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Think when it's logical to pull out as well. There is absolutely no reason not to get far in that. It must mean you die creeping.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I get to level 7 alteast before you attack......early attacking (level 2 or 3)has to much of a risk unless your opentets are all teching.

Muahhahahahahaha!!!!!
:D

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Always remember that UD heroes are always meant to be used in conjunction with something else, whether it's other heroes, or units. Creeping is no exception. My personal creeping hero of choice is the Death Knight (we've debated this point many times, so let's just stop beating a dead horse :p), but in any case, you should be able to creep effectively. There are two units you can use for creeping, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Ghouls are an old favorite, even though they've lately lost some popularity. With Ghouls, you are able to get started on your creeping faster, as they come out far more quickly than Fiends, and can Cannibalize to regenerate HP. They are fast as well, enabling you to move around quicker, thus claiming more creep camps. Thus earning you more goodies. Ghouls are still effective combatants as well, though in light of new patches, you'll need to have around other units as well. Ghouls have relatively few weaknesses when it comes to creeping, but fare less well when it comes to combat. I kinda miss when Ghouls were pretty much the only units I used... :(

Fiends are slower than Ghouls in terms of movement, but are monsters at creep killing. With usage of even as little as 4 Fiends and a DK and a Lich, you are capable of creeping almost anything on any given map. 6 Fiends will guarantee you success in creeping anything. Fiend focus fire brings down creeps in the blink of an eye, and it should provide effective practice in targeting individual enemies during combat. A very useful skill indeed when using Fiends. In addition, Fiends are powerful units in combat, though perhaps more micro-intensive than when using Ghouls (arguable point). The disadvantage of Fiend creeping is that you get started slower, or must start off in an awkward position. Often, this results in slower teching as well.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've seen replays of UD players teching up to Crypt Fiends very early, almost about Sun set they have 2-3 Fiends, and when you have their Web upgraded, opens up new early possibilities for lower level Dragons.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I used to tech to Fiends in 1.03, and to be honest, it was quite good. Even in 1.10 and 1.06 they're quite impressive. Don't let the cost bog you down, they don't need Web so early, while Hunts, for example, like to get Moon Glaive or something.

It's not so awkward to face with Fiends, just a little slower.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I usually creep with like 5 starting units(at start). Toward the end of the game I just build like 4 end units (riders and so on)than own all creeping units.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Riders? End unit? This is Human talk, not worthy of the Scourge.....

Fiends have had reduced costs? OK, now's the right time to start whacking up people bad.

Did the damage be decreased for the cost though?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Oh man, time to quit NE now. :D I thought Fiends did enough damage and had enough health to last a long, long time?

Still, great for creeping for Undead.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Well The Fiends get a great addition with the burrow. so your enemies or creeps could get a fiend in red, you can burrow it and it heals at 5 hp per second. half of what a ghouls heals with cannibalize, but this you don't need dead bodies.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Burrow? Oh yes, that's great for Fiends as well. Fiends are great at healing themselves now as well. One other thing I fear against Fiends. Alas!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Why do you think fiends are so good now that TFT is out? they have great damage and health, they can burrow and web.

They are great for creeping.

Allenmoor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Totally, no offence but if I can get my hero up to level5, you can too!!!! Just fight realli hard creep, lost temple is also a very good map to play 2V2. Oh.. I'm scared of fiends as well. They are sooo scary!!:D

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ghouls are still pretty much my favorite undead unit and as rage winterchill says they are quick i was in a team game once my partner was orc he had a level 6 tauren chieftan with level 3 endurance aura and i had level 3 unholy aura god dam they were moving fast as hell