BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SO sarcasm has died around here?[/sarcasm]

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
They... They made me do horrible things... Split Threads, Move threads... Ugh :(

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gasp!

Is everyone happy with the mods we have now?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, but if a member is good and applies directly to me does show initiative, if biasedness and attempts to manipulate me... But only if they are good members. One must realise that the decision lies with us and we draw up stuff implicitly to find candidates - application doesn't help.

But being a member is actually more powerful - Moderators do stuff, but you actually might end up telling them what to do, for members dictate the community.*

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I really dont care for Mod, but a question:

How would I be as Mod, from a Mod+ pov? Like, what do I lack or need to improve?

Again, I really am not trying for a spot. Just curious.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I really dont care for Mod, but a question:

How would I be as Mod, from a Mod+ pov? Like, what do I lack or need to improve?

Again, I really am not trying for a spot. Just curious.
Sure... Sure...

Nothing much, just keep posting. When the time comes the time will come and your decision will be the key to your destiny.

I will say something along these lines to everyone, by the way.*

Bapes

Forever Rain
Reaction score
Website
frltd.blog125.fc2.com
Once you become a mod, nobody posts in your section. You don't want to ask to be a mod, I know this since I have back when I was noobish also. I have been shunted due to that, however it lowered now. You'll also want to utilize proper grammar, spelling, correct word choice and suave.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When the time comes, your destiney will unfold[/mystical voice]

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Once you become a mod, nobody posts in your section. You don't want to ask to be a mod, I know this since I have back when I was noobish also. I have been shunted due to that, however it lowered now. You'll also want to utilize proper grammar, spelling, correct word choice and suave.
Exactly. You do get a rush of power, yes, but it's work. If you like working, then by all means, accept...*

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I believe the idea is, if you just see it as common work and stuff, you won't really like it. Having a desire to help the forums can go a long way...
... And that does not necessarily require Moderator powers.

We love Pains Requiem because he proves this point. <3

By the way, Pains Requiem, just follow the force. It leads to the toilet.*

simonjenkins

Reaction score
how to become a mod

with being a mod,it carries loads of responsibilitys, and you cant say a thing back to others,even if you want to, you have to be seen doing a good job,if your a slacker your out be time, and you have to know what your doing,you have to watch all post and read each one, i should know i nearly became one,
but i told them to stick it, nobodys going to tigh my hands behind me back,
being a mod is nothing special,you get this title mod and it goes streat to ones head, big time, these guys think thay can walk over water, but when you become a mod, these guys change, there like vampires, ready to suck you dry at a moments notice, i have seen loads of guys go this way,you cant talk to them, thay walk around like some ones shoved a jack up there ass,
take my advice,stay as you are,dont mix with these guys, some are ok,but loads are

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Well, not really. Quite a lot of our memberbase that became mods/staff in the past few years have turned into exactly what he's talking about.

There are some of us though, that remined the same.