How do I make my title glow?

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I want to make my title (it says Zion's Army) I want to make it changed colors and glowy effect. I've tried but there isn't enough room and when I've made enough room it shows the color tag code but not the colors. How do you do this? Do you have to be a moderator/Admin?

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
PM one of the Admins.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wow Amantis doesn't respond to crap I've PMed her/him twice and she/he hasn't responded... Should I try Crooked Foot?

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Matrix_Reloaded
Wow Amantis doesn't respond to crap I've PMed her/him twice and she/he hasn't responded... Should I try Crooked Foot?

because its exactly that, crap. you cant and more than likey wont get a custom title, general members cant get them at all, only mods and higher, Amantis live on the other side of the world, late night for us is morning for her, and i see crooked on all the time, swooper to but yes amantis is on alot but she is alwas flooded with too much crap work... :\

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The-Rock-One
because its exactly that, crap. you cant and more than likey wont get a custom title, general members cant get them at all, only mods and higher, Amantis live on the other side of the world, late night for us is morning for her, and i see crooked on all the time, swooper to but yes amantis is on alot but she is alwas flooded with too much crap work... :\
Where do you live? honestly?

There are like 40 non-mod members that have custom titles. I suggest PMing crookedfoot, or swooper.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The-Rock-One

so The-Rock-One is not right that you cant have a custom title.You
dont have to be a mod or higher to have one. And what do you mean by higher?Like more than 1000 posts or early regisrtation?I dont think members should be discriminated in this way.

I also PMed to Amantis when she was online but still no reply from her.Tell me if you can have a custom title,Ma3x.I have the same aim.

Neptunez

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.3osoft.com
Dude, amantis is most likely getting 20 pms a day, asking for the same thing you guys are... It would be nice to stop asking, and maybe send a 'ThankYou" pm (just for the good nature of the deed), or something similar for keeping the forums in such good working order. I think staff members can change titles too, go bother them about it :p

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AvalonX
I think staff members can change titles too, go bother them about it :p
no, we can't change titles:(
but we can ban people :)
figure that one out

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Right now, after reading all this, I'm wondering how many of these similar requests were turned down (and not replied to) during the past few weeks by Crooked, Swoop and myself...

We're sorry to say this, but we do feel rather 'annoyed' whenever we receive PMs asking for coloured titles. We haven't announced this in public, but the following people whom we're allowing coloured titles are:
- Forum moderators and up
- Award winners (i.e. Forum Award or GFX winners, WhiteAngel is the perfect example)
- People who are not of either of the above groups *but* considered to be helpful in someway

The last category is a rather twisted case. Part of the reason is that we've made it a policy to consider coloured titles as 'gifts' of contribution from us. Try to place yourself in our positions when you receive the following (purposely edited to make it more generic):

On AIM:
Random user currently not on AIM list pops up.....no idea who this is
User - Amantis?
Mant - Ya?
User - Can I have a coloured title?
Mant - May I ask why you want a coloured title?
--->Having no idea who this is...
Mant - Actually, may I ask who you are first?
User - It's [insert random name]
Mant - I see...
User - I wanna have a coloured title because...
User - Well...uh...
User - I think it looks cool
Somebody starts raising eyebrows on the other side

or maybe if you put it in an exaggerated PM format...:
Title: Coloured Title!

Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee gimme a coloured title!!!! I want to have a rainbow saying [insert 'blah blah blah' here] or else I'm gonna die!!!

Thank you!!!

~Me
If these messages were sent once in several months, maybe we can still endure it and made the changes. But imagine receiving 5 similar messages each and every day is like 5 people demanding to be moderators in some way.

Don't get me wrong, I know colour changing is rather easy to do, but once one person starts asking for it, everybody else does and starts to ask where you got it. Of course, when that happens, who would you direct that person to PM/IM?

We have received requests for coloured titles in back in our earlier newbie admin days and did the changes, but after that, the more requests we've granted, the more people keep demanding for them, and the more annoying it can be (as well as the more ridiculous we felt for carrying them out). So yes, it is suggested not to ask for coloured titles because we're not accepting requests anymore (despite the fact that we've granted some of them earlier).

No, I'm not trying to be mean here Matrix and Dark Mage, but please understand that such titles are now 'earned'. Try helping out for the sake of the forums, and we might approach you then.

- Amantis

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I see.Nothing comes without any effort.And this is in everybody's life.
Im disappointed to hear that but i'll look forward.But i hope you dont call a contribution 10000 posts.Everybody can have many and still not to have contributed.

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
- People who are not of either of the above groups *but* considered to be helpful in someway
Have I been helpful Amantis? Naw, J/K. Anyway, when did battleforums get all super-specialized? Haven't been here for a while in case you haven't noticed. I like the glowing text though. Pretty sweet.

O yeah. Um, where did Cort go, he leaves, he comes back, he leaves again. Getting kind of annoying mourning him then him coming back and I'm jumping for joy, then he leaves and I'm mourning him again. I would just like a little feedback.

Thank you, I know you're busy.