Homosexuality 2

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I guess if you're going to say that, nothing.

FYI: I also agree with many psycologists (Christians, too) who say that "reparitive" therapy is next to impossible. I believe preventative therapy is really the only thing that ever works on any psycological diseases.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike~

1. You know, it's that kinda reasoning that made slavery so acceptable for so long.
2. That's also the reasoning the Catholic Church used when they decreed that Indians didn't have souls, and were nothing but animals.
3. Just because someone isn't just like you doesn't make them any less deserving of basic human rights. Sad that you can't see that.

1. Slavery was acceptable for so long because it was used for a long time. ancient romans when broke would become slaves to other romans to work off their debts and then maybe buy back their lives. Also, slaves were taken from conquered countries and then able to work-off their slavery. Maybe if africans didnt give their own african brothers off as slaves, then maybe slavery would have never been a problem!

2. im not catholic so i dont see how thats going to change my choice.

3. basic human rights doenst mean everyone is equal or the same, or even deserve the same treatment.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
3. basic human rights doenst mean everyone is equal or the same, or even deserve the same treatment.
Thats why segregation and The Jim Crow laws were in effect for the beter part of a century.

Why don't you kill yourself so you don't have children...

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
BaM, putting aside for a minute why we should even try and prevent it, exactly how would you go about "preventing" homosexuality. I mean, not really like we can detect it.

Originally posted by LawrenceOfArabia
1. Slavery was acceptable for so long because it was used for a long time. ancient romans when broke would become slaves to other romans to work off their debts and then maybe buy back their lives. Also, slaves were taken from conquered countries and then able to work-off their slavery. Maybe if africans didnt give their own african brothers off as slaves, then maybe slavery would have never been a problem!

Yes, but ppl needed to morally justify their owning another human being. Using you reasoning, they justified not only owning them, but murdering them, torturing them, and just treating them like dogs, which, according to your logic, they were.

2. im not catholic so i dont see how thats going to change my choice.
Doesn't matter if you're Catholic. Just saying that the Church used your logic to justify very, very terrible atrocites.

It's your kind of logic that the Supreme Court used in the 1800s (I forgot the exact year) in the Dred Scott case when they ruled that blacks didn't derserve the protections of the Constitution because they weren't completely human.

And it is your kind of thinking that allow Hitler to justify one of the worst genocides in history.

Maybe not to you, but if you read the Constitution, you'll see that it's quite clear that everyone has certain unaliable right, and that everyone has some ammount of worth, and that, even though everyone is not created equal in the real world, under the law, everyone is equal.

Your kind of thinking is centuries outdated and a blatant display of the highest form of ignorance, hatred.

Reaction score
1. africans slaved off their own people, if they didnt and africans actually stood up for themselves, then it wouldnt have happend.

2. the catholic church did not directly authroise that. you should know that the missionaries acted sepretly from the pope. how often did they actually communicate? hitler himself said he was a serious christian yet he killed so many people for the sake of hatred. Martin Luther was a christian and he struggled to give the average person rights.

3. NATURAL SELECTION.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
BaM, putting aside for a minute why we should even try and prevent it, exactly how would you go about "preventing" homosexuality. I mean, not really like we can detect it.
I'll use Dr. Dobson for an example, so don't go ballistic.

He has found a psycological link in, at least, boys. This link is how much the boy's father "loved" him. What he says is that tomgirls have a very high probability of becoming homosexual, and the only way to prevent this is to have a stable and loving household -- with the father showing a lot of affection for his son(s).

That's just one thing I've read up on, though. I'd have to look into a few more things, but it appears a "stable" family household is always good ;)

mistro5000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
gay people cant be discriminated against, because eventually they will get tired of it, and start rioting, then people will start getting lynched, and there will be hate groups and gay right wings and everything, and it will be the 40s-60s again

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
1. africans slaved off their own people, if they didnt and africans actually stood up for themselves, then it wouldnt have happend.

So...what? This somehow justifies it? I don't think so.

And hey, you think they didn't try and defend themselves? Black powr > spears.

catholic church did not directly authroise that. you should know that the missionaries acted sepretly from the pope. how often did they actually communicate? hitler himself said he was a serious christian yet he killed so many people for the sake of hatred. Martin Luther was a christian and he struggled to give the average person rights.
Bullshit, the Pope himself stated that the Indians were "souless animals". And Hitler was a Catholic, and if you'll listen to some of his speeches, you see that there were 2 reasons he did what he did; 1. He believed the Jews to be the cause of most of Germany's problems, and 2. They weren't part of the "Master race".

3. NATURAL SELECTION.
Yea...so? Natural Selection has absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage, or gay rights.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
gay people cant be discriminated against, because eventually they will get tired of it, and start rioting, then people will start getting lynched, and there will be hate groups and gay right wings and everything, and it will be the 40s-60s again
i doubt that... people now are much more accepting of homosexuals than say 20 or 30 years ago. i hope people are smart enough to realize others rights, not just their own. i really doubt people are dumb enough to make something like this lead to bloodshed.. i really hope not

Reaction score
1. oh but it does, if the europeans knew that the african people were not going to work for them and would rather die, then they wouldnt ty at all anymore.

2. even if the pope was involved, this doenst mean every catholic was into the indians having no souls. why do you think they werent sold everywehre as slaves? because they wouldnt work, something the africans didnt figure out.

3. Natural selection proves that homosexuality is wrong because how will homosexuality survive if there is no actual way for them to reproduce? okay, let them have their marriages, but they cannot adopt children.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
You haven't been reading any of LoA's posts, have you Armtin. ;)

BAM! YOU'RE USING DOBSON! GODDAMNIT! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING! :D

Well, I'll get back to that once I research it a little. I've become quite weary of what Dobson has to say.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1) no, slavery is wrong period. nothing justifies it at all, the slaves were human too. true the dirt is on everyones hands, european and african, but it is no justifcation.

2) ill leave this alone cuz im confused as hell.

3) my brother was born premature and albino, if it werent for medical techknowledgy he would not be here right now. should we kill him because natural selection doesnt like him? no, were no longer this primitave, we can change our environment to suit us.

people are not accepting. go to any school, you will hear fag, gay, fag, and fag every 10-20 seconds. if that is accepting, then your standards are very low.
you are correct, but generally teenagesr are dumbasses. let them grow up and learn to think things thruogh for themself.

Reaction score
1. yes i can see that, slavery isnt right, but in some situations it was.(see the roman era)

2. i can understand

3. does a pack of wolves give up on the wounded? no they do not, this is part of nature to care for the injured. natural selection will tell the memebers of YOUR pack to care for your offspring/relatives

you are correct, but generally teenagesr are dumbasses. let them grow up and learn to think things thruogh for themself
most teenagers agree with that

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
1. oh but it does, if the europeans knew that the african people were not going to work for them and would rather die, then they wouldnt ty at all anymore.

So, just because some of them weren't smart enough to get KIA means it's ok to take them into slavery? At this point, I am honestly frightened of your thinking process.

2. even if the pope was involved, this doenst mean every catholic was into the indians having no souls. why do you think they werent sold everywehre as slaves? because they wouldnt work, something the africans didnt figure out.
Doesn't matter what the ppl thought, the point is, the Catholic Chruch used your very same logic to say that the Indians had no souls.

And, being beaten, tortured, and watching your friends getting killed tends to motivate you to cooperate. I mean, can you honestly, in good conscience, blame them?

selection proves that homosexuality is wrong because how will homosexuality survive if there is no actual way for them to reproduce? okay, let them have their marriages, but they cannot adopt children.
Well, I'm glad I finally knocked some sence into you. But, in our society, we have outgrown Natural Selection. Science allows almost everyone a chance to live. Survival in the Western world no longer depends on how strong you are, or how many kids you can make, but on how smart you are, how good looking you are, how rich you are, and upon many other factors. So, the point is pretty ****in moot.

mistro5000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
3: geese also care for thier friends, but humans dont. how many times have you heard of a guy getting shot by his best friend? how many times have you heard of adultery, and the cheating husband doesnt care that his ex wife is about to take pills to die?
huh, huh, HUH?

Reaction score
1. are you seriously telling me no company CEO today will try to find the cheapest way to make money? every see the little toys that have china imprinted on em? cheap labor right there. i think like all companies that do this think.
2. Catholics arent all and all truely biblical. if you speak with any theologist he will tell you this.
3. Not everyone can afford the same science you can. One person can afford having children while another cant, natural selection. savages went out into the wilderness to find food to feed their families, if they didnt, their families would die. adults of households today go out into the buisness world to find a numerical resource to buy food and clothing for their families, otherwise their families will die.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
1. are you seriously telling me no company CEO today will try to find the cheapest way to make money? every see the little toys that have china imprinted on em? cheap labor right there. i think like all companies that do this think.
2. Catholics arent all and all truely biblical. if you speak with any theologist he will tell you this.
3. Not everyone can afford the same science you can. One person can afford having children while another cant, natural selection. savages went out into the wilderness to find food to feed their families, if they didnt, their families would die. adults of households today go out into the buisness world to find a numerical resource to buy food and clothing for their families, otherwise their families will die.
1. Ceap labor is different than owning a person and forcing them to work with the threat of torture or death.

2. Nevermind, you're completely missing the point, so just forget it.

3. True, but that has nothing to do with homosexuality, at all.

You seem to be taking you argue ments down a different path that have absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality. Sems you've beaten here, mate.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1) the companies do not own their workers. the workers are free to quit at any time for any reason if they want to.

2)uh... im staying out of the christianity says gays r bad argument. i dont even believe in god, and i cant disprove or prove him.

3)this is no longer in the realm of natural selection genetic wise..
how does this relate to homos? and same with 1... how does this stuff relate to homosexuality??

Reaction score
1. Not all slave labor was like that. as i stated, look at ROMAN ERA SLAVE LABOR. Whats worse? child labor or slave labor?(jw)

2. ok

3. ok, ill take im beaten because i dont want to discuss it anymore since it seems like its not going anywhere anyways.

and since slave labor isnt even part of the thread name, lets end this whole entire matter after your response, cuz id like to know your opinion on child labor.