Homosexuality 2

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The definition of a disease is anything that is degenerative, be it to an individual or a society. No matter how you look at it, homosexuality IS degenerative as it DOES NOT aid in the prepetuation of the species (humans, in this case).

Now I have never denied that pychology also was a cause of homosexuality, but, you will not find one respecable mental health organization that will tell you that homosexuality is a mental illness, is a cause of mental ilness, or is a sign of mental illness, and I dare to find one organization (other than NARTH) that does make those statements.
I, actually, have never heard of NARTH, so I don't know what you are talking about refering to them.

As for organization names...you're asking someone who is horrid at remembering names to remember names. I know one, and that is Family Life. I only remember this one because it is both Christian and spoken of a lot on my radio station. I know plenty of respected and respectable individuals who say that it is a mental illness in open. Dr. Dobson is just one of them, but I know there are more -- again, bad with names am I.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Are they all Christian researchers by chance?

Ones who would consider homosexuality a sin, thisforth meaning god couldn't create them.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
I've heard Pat Robertson mention Dr. Dobson on the 700 Club once, and I'm fairly certain he's a right wing Christian, and Family Life just sounds like a Christian organzation to me, but I'll check em out and make sure.

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
I really don't know a lot scientifically about homosexuality. I do,however, believe that homosexuals and bisexuals are humans, and thus are entitled to basic human rights. Among these, i believe, is legally binding marriage. Thus, i support gay marriage and am strongly against homophobic discrimination. Based on my Christian beliefs, i believe that homosexuality is sinful, but no worse in God's eyes than stealing. I believe that homosexuality, if not natural, should be tried to be changed(ik grammar sucks on that,ik it sounds like im high and drunk), but i don't think homosexuality is any worse than any other sin.

Reaction score
You think what you think and i will think what i think. i still think gay marriage is wrong because it is not the same thing at all as getting married with the opposite sex. is having sexual intercourse with the opposite sex the same as having sexual intercourse with the same sex?

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is not natural, if it was then we wouldnt be discussted by it.

Reaction score
besides, what is there to debate? if you dont believe in homosexuality, you arent going to change your mind, and if you believe it is, then your not going to change either.

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Otmorosok
I do not know whether or not it is natural,and I'm not sure if anyone does, but this is not validly proving that it isn't. We can easily be disgusted by things simply because we have never heard of or understood them before, or simply because we are raised to find them disgusting. This is a well known psychological principle. Homosexuality may or may not be natural, but what you said here is not proof either way.
@ lawrenceofarabia:I agree that homosexuality is slightly different from heterosexuality, but are homosexuals less people than heterosexuals?This is the only way one could possibly argue that they should not be allowed to marry, as legally binding marriage is something that all people,especially in a country that claims to be free like the US, should have as an option. To your statement that homosexuality is an issue one's mind cannot be changed about, i strongly disagree. I used to be avidly anti-homosexual, but then i realized the argument I used above, and realized that my position was absurd. It is possible for one's mind to be changed about anything.

Reaction score
people are only discusted of ethical things of that time. for example, during the dark ages, when people would use the privy/latrine/wc/bathroom, they didnt have toilet paper so they used their left hand. in most cases they wouldnt wash it...so it was know that you do everything with your right hand and excrete with your left. that is discusting now but then it was normal.

BushForEmperor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gay marriges r wrong. There is a reason there r men and women. For them to get together and reproduce. To have the same sex get together is wrong, gross, a sin, and (to u scientific athieists out there) is naturally wrong. How can a species reproduce if they're r homos? I don't know how u morons can support it or y, but it shouldn't be allowed.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Uh-oh... I may agree with a few of you points, but that's a no-no.

I also forgot to go back to one of Tempest Storm's questions, silly me :p

Where I got the fact that percentages of "homosexuals" is going up is a sociology book I had to use for my required sociology course. Anyway, I took this course several years ago, and it gave these percentages:

"Out of Closet"
~.7% of US population
= ~70% of homosexual US population
"Estimated Total"
~1% US males based on "Out of Closet" males
~2% US females based on "Out of Closet" females

In a more recent concensus

"Out of Closet"
~3 - 4% of US population
= ~70% of homosexual US population
"Estimated Total"
~2% US males based on "Out of Closet" males
~3% US females based on "Out of Closet" females

I just felt like getting that out of the way... My percentages may be off, but that 5% sounds accurate.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
You think what you think and i will think what i think. i still think gay marriage is wrong because it is not the same thing at all as getting married with the opposite sex. is having sexual intercourse with the opposite sex the same as having sexual intercourse with the same sex?
You know, it's that kinda reasoning that made slavery so acceptable for so long. That's also the reasoning the Catholic Church used when they decreed that Indians didn't have souls, and were nothing but animals. Just because someone isn't just like you doesn't make them any less deserving of basic human rights. Sad that you can't see that.

No, we're discusing it because certain ppl have nothing better to do than making an issue out of something so illrelevent.

Gay marriges r wrong. There is a reason there r men and women. For them to get together and reproduce. To have the same sex get together is wrong, gross, a sin, and (to u scientific athieists out there) is naturally wrong. How can a species reproduce if they're r homos? I don't know how u morons can support it or y, but it shouldn't be allowed.
There is more to sex and marriage than just procreating. And following your logic, you would also prohibit infertile or sterile ppl from getting married, and ppl who are too old to have kids, along with ppl who don't kids. You would also condemn all forms of birth control, and oral sex, masturbation, along with a few other things.

Gross is all in the eye of the beholder. Sin is illrelivent, and, it isn't naturally wrong. Homosexual behavior has been witnessed in nature (whether for pleasure, insticks or just plain horniness), and there is a great deal of scientific evidence showing that genes play a large role in the cause of homosexuality. Besides, lions kill their stepchildren in nature, does that mean that this is ok, since it occurs in nature? I've witnessed male ducks gang raping a female duck on dozens of occasions, does that make gang rape ok, since it is "natural", after all? Mothers will kill weak or sick offspring in nature, does that make this right? Nature is suvival of the fittest. So, you "natural" arguement is flawerd, on many levels.

And, here's a peice of advice, before you start calling other ppl morons, you might want to re-emxamine your own stance.

The definition of a disease is anything that is degenerative, be it to an individual or a society. No matter how you look at it, homosexuality IS degenerative as it DOES NOT aid in the prepetuation of the species (humans, in this case).
In an age where over-population is quickly becoming a problem, and where 2/3rds of the world's population live in 3rd world countries, and millions go hungry each night, and where hundreds of thousands of kids are waiting to be adopted, forgive me if I don't share your view that anyone not reproducing is a degenerative to society. The number of ppl that are infertile, sterile, too old to have children, or simply don't want to have kids outnumber, of at least equal the number of gays in the world, yet I don't see you jumping down on them as being degenerates, or trying to bar them from getting married.

As for organization names...you're asking someone who is horrid at remembering names to remember names. I know one, and that is Family Life. I only remember this one because it is both Christian and spoken of a lot on my radio station. I know plenty of respected and respectable individuals who say that it is a mental illness in open. Dr. Dobson is just one of them, but I know there are more -- again, bad with names am I.
After a little researching, I found that "Family Life" I a very right-wing, Bible-based Christian sight ( http://www.familylife.com/articles/article_detail.asp?id=330 ), and also that Dr. Dobson and his "Focus on the Family" show are Christian oriented. And I say this because he gave out Bible quotes in his arguements against homosexuality ( http://www.family.org/fofmag/pp/a0024031.cfm ), like they were girl scout cookies. He also makes wild ass claims about the supposed "dangers" of the homosexuality lifestyle, none of which I have ever been able to confirm, and he also makes many other wild ass claims that support his position, yet provids no references for his arguements.

My sources were from an unbiased website, that do provide references, and give out the neccisary information to check there claims. I can find statements from many well respected, and well renowned physical, sexual and mental health organizations supporting my arguements. I can even find Christian sites supporting my arguements, because I have one allready bookmarked.

And as to your last post, are these numbers supposed to prove that because the number of gays is increasing, that it is really a pychological problem that creates homosexuality?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
In that case, it was just answering your question. If I wanted to "prove a point", I would have built an arguement. As it was, I was a little busy at the time, and I still am. Sorry, I need to finish what I'm doing before I make any huge arguemenative posts.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I've used a lot of brain power recently on "anger release" arguements :p

I think I'll defend something I said right quick, though.

I never called homosexuals "degenerate". Doing so would be like calling myself "degenerate" for having at least two degenerative diseases. At least one is genetic, and that is my ultra-sensitive skin. I burn BAD just being in the sun for a short time. I also am what is called "pigeon-toed". My toes point in to eachother. This is due to a hip-defect I have. I don't know whether it is genetic or an accident that occured during birth.

That's the end of this for now...

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Also when you guys point out that the amount of homosexuals is growing, are you neglecting that millons of babies are born everyday? Of course the number is going to go up, and since it is becoming more ok to be homosexual, less are closet cases who hate their wife....

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
According to several articles I've read, the percentage of gays has stayed at roughly 10% of the total population thoughout history.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
No one here is saying that it's completely genetic. There are many causes for homosexuality, I have never denied this, and have stated it many times over. And I agree with you, some gays are gay for psychological reasons. So what is you point?