Holy Priest vs Shadow Priest

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
what are the advantages and disadvantages of these characters and what kind of play would you recommend for each build?

oh and what talents are the best for each type of priest?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Holy priest is for grouping with someone, you can't kill anyone fast, but you certainly can heal a lot. If you have a mage friend, and the two of you are going to level together, then a fire mage and a holy priest is the best party for leveling. Shadow, however, can solo.

Honestly, best you do is to be shadow untill you hit 60, or a little before, when you start instancing BRD and stuff, unless you do plan to do nothing more but instances, then you turn into Holy if your plan is to enter a raiding guild.

If you do want PvP, go shadow.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Shadow Priests are kind of like Warlocks but have no pets.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
RyanXWing knows priests like the back of his ass. So very ****ing well.

Uhm, it just depends on what you want to do. Shadow = PvP, any other build is versatile.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
does "+ to healing spells" affect any shadow skills?

and what would be good talents for shadow spec?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, it doesn't, healing is healing, damage is damage.

However, you should get +healing gear for instancing.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I've never leveled a priest past 12, but I can tell you just by leveling a druid to 23, resto druids are completely useless in solo PvE and PvP. So I would imagine a holy priest would be even worse.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I leveled Holy, it sucks dont do it. Spec Shadow.
Haha, I remember constantly bugging you to go Shadow when we were leveling up because you got so far behind me.

I remember having to convince Kebler that you'd level up faster, and would be able to raid with the guild way back in the day.

Yeesh, that was ages ago... during the golden days of our guild, eh? :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Holy Priests are a godsend later on if you're instancing. And not at like, 60, I'm talking from SM until the nontier lvl 60 instances. Then it's kinda just do what your guild needs you to do.

But they absolutelty suck for soloing compared to Shadow Priests. Not to mention if you happen to get the KZ Shadow Wand and you have a good portion of your t3, you can outheal Holy priests with Vamp and shoot.

Reaction score
Holy priest is for grouping with someone, you can't kill anyone fast, but you certainly can heal a lot. If you have a mage friend, and the two of you are going to level together, then a fire mage and a holy priest is the best party for leveling. Shadow, however, can solo.

Honestly, best you do is to be shadow untill you hit 60, or a little before, when you start instancing BRD and stuff, unless you do plan to do nothing more but instances, then you turn into Holy if your plan is to enter a raiding guild.

If you do want PvP, go shadow.
LOL. No Fire Mages. Ice Ice Ice.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Not really, priest can give you survivability, mage gives damage.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Haha, I remember constantly bugging you to go Shadow when we were leveling up because you got so far behind me.

I remember having to convince Kebler that you'd level up faster, and would be able to raid with the guild way back in the day.

Yeesh, that was ages ago... during the golden days of our guild, eh? :(
The greatest moment in the guild's History: The first Domo downing wit Final countdown going on Vent.