Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
They'll be plenty more, don't worry.

Blizzards milking this cow dry.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Eta till release, a very very long time.

So far the Exp is looking nice, can't wait till it comes out.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
A new profession: Jewelcrafting
Socketed items
And much, much more...

HAHAHAHA...D2. -_-

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Blood Elves are Horde? Eh, makes sense.

So, any ideas for the new Alliance race?

I would think of the Drenai, because of Outland, but they're more a part of the Horde...

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Pandaeran ftw. If not..uh..no clue.

XxArchAngelxX

Member!
Reaction score
FLYING MOUNTS!! that's gonna be cool, but only in outland. . . . idk if that'd be worth it or not. Well . . ..depending on price I guess, hopefully they wont be 1000g or something like that

drax

Member!
Reaction score
A new profession: Jewelcrafting
Socketed items
And much, much more...

HAHAHAHA...D2. -_-
Exactly what I was thinking. Although, everyone will probably be like "ZOMG SOCKETED BUY JEWELS", either that or "ZOMG JEWELCRAFTING IMMA DO THAT". Depending on which, you may be able to make a lot of money through the new craft.
It's gonna suck getting a specific jewel for a specific armor like you did in D2...

Demon Child

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Zerogamers.com
yea, and there will be like 2000 Blood elves popping in..everyone will be a ****in blood elf

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I don't care. I'm rolling a BE jewelcrafter alt as soon as I get the expansion.

Hey..maybe now Shadowgems from SFK won't be as useless..:p

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
well seeing how origionally ud had been loners out in azeroth/lordereon till BloodElves came up(from what i hear, the two races are really close to eachother) i have a feeling a race close to the night elves will become playable to be symetric and balance out the races.

basically what im saying is:

since there are now 3 horde on kalimdor and 2 on azeroth, there will be 3 alliance on azeroth and 2 alliance on kalimdor...

that narrows down what the race will be to a very few number.

im positive they'll get children of the cennarius(dryads) as their race. they would start very close to the night elves start town just like bloodelves and undead.

Demon Child

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Zerogamers.com
Jason said:
I don't care. I'm rolling a BE jewelcrafter alt as soon as I get the expansion.

Hey..maybe now Shadowgems from SFK won't be as useless..:p
Still, its gonna suck to turn and theres like 500 freakin BE's running the **** around...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, I also tought of the Dryads and Keepers of the Grove. But they're a bit weird.

But, well, if there's cows, why not half-stags?

Reaction score
Pandas would be sweet but, I WANT NEW CLASSES!!!11one!1

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
This was my post on the Thunderlord forums. I hope it will provide useful insight as I was at BlizzCon and happen to be a better source than the flaunting rumors.

BlizzCon: For those who couldn't make it. | 10/30/2005 9:00:39 PM PST

While I understand some of these topics have already been posted by Blizzard, please understand I wrote this on the flight home and had no idea Blizzard had released some of this information.

My experience
Out of the millions of people who play WoW, only 6,000 were documented at BlizzCon. Out of the thousands that play on Thunderlord, only 7 were documented at BlizzCon. Needless to say, the realm meeting table was disappointing.

BlizzCon itself was smaller than I had expected. There were about 600 computers set up to play the expansion and about 400 Xboxs to play Starcraft Ghost on. I have to admit, Starcraft Ghost doesn't make my list of favorites. The game was pretty basic with the same races and nothing really special about it.

Both the Warcraft and Starcraft tourneys were amazing. I can't relay it in words, but there is so much strategy involved beyond what to build and how to structure yourself. Big gratz to 4k^Grubby who won the Warcraft tourney along with $10,000. The seminars for discussion were pretty interesting and I managed to stay awake during them unlike in school.

The costume contest was fun in the least. The costumes ranged anywhere from a pink haired gnome riding a mechanostrider to Arthas himself. Also, the models there were completely bangin. They were some of the hottest chicks I've ever seen in my life no lie.

--------------------------------------------------

Down to business
This thread is to inform those who weren't at BlizzCon of upcoming changes of the game including; New races, professions, classes, level cap, and other new addons. This information will mainly be centered around the upcoming patch and the expansion. Most of this is my opinion.

First off, the new instance, Ahn Qiraj, which will take place in Silithus is very difficult even for those decked out in purples. A very good challenge even compared to BWL.

The Outland, the standing ground for constant war and turmoil will be home to the most dreaded and fierce creatures yet. This place will only be accessible to the most elite players. (In my opinion, this place looks scary as hell. Somewhat similar to Crematoria from 'The Chronicles of Rid%@$%') There will in fact be a flying mount, but may only be used in the Outland. (Blizzard was very vague on this part)

As for professions, Enchanting will be getting a major buff along with Blacksmithing. Blizzard plans on implementing 'wizard oil' to enchanting. This oil will have 3 charges and will add 30 damage to all spells for 30 minutes. Blizzard also wishes to implement more powerful enchants as they realize endgame enchanting does not compete with other professions. Also adding to enchanting will be 'Nexus Crystals' which will be gained from disenchanting epics. They have acknowledged the fact that disenchanting epics does not yield the rewards it should.

Blizzard has decided to 'reward the hardcore'. They expect to give the hardcore certain rare plans that only few on the realm will have. This way, not everyone will be selling the same thing and there will be more variety. They expect to be implementing more types of one profession (ie: Tribal, Elemental, and Dragonscale leatherworking). Once again, they want to have more of a variety so people feel more unique.

One of the new professions will be jewelcrafting. Almost identical to Diablo 2, people will be able to find and make jewels to put into items with sockets (my guess the white items). Once again, they expect jewelcrafting to be very similar to D2.

New character classes were in no shape or form revealed at BlizzCon. They talked about almost everything so my guess is that they're not quite sure about it yet. They are sure, however, that level 70 will in fact be the new level cap.

Now for the races. As most of you may have heard, blood elf is the new horde race simply because the whiney horde players wanted to be pretty. As for their racial abilities one will be 'Mana burn' which will drain a ton of mana. I came to realize this while playing. They will also have an AoE silence abiltity that will last for 2 seconds. This ability has a 5 minute cooldown. You will no longer be hearing "nerf shamans!" instead, "nerf blood elves!" As for the alliance, sorry fellas. No word yet on the new alliance race however I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Pandaren.

Now for the classes endgame:
The following coming from a mage's perspective

Shamans: Still an all around good class, but not as great endgame.

Mages: Taking a huge hit by resists. Still good AoE wise.

Priests: Good class but not great duelers endgame. Shield just doesn't absorb enough damage.

Warriors: Very good endgame. Still major tanks with great DPS considering.

Rogues: Amazing. More DPS than mages, add the stealth ability.

Paladins: Didn't have a chance to try you guys out. Guess you'll have to see for yourselves.

Hunters: Great class, patch really helped.

Locks: Still decent, not much changed.

Druids: I honestly saw nothing special at all. The moonkin just gets cremed in duels and aren't as good a choice for instances.

The concert-
Of course Offspring was rockin, but before that, I'd like to talk about 'Level 60 Elite Tauren Chieftan'. They mainly sang about the glory of the horde, murlocs, and Leeroy Jenkins. Great metal band considering using WoW topics. I would suggest looking them up.

There was also a comedian at the concert, Chraistian Finnegan. Some of you may know him as the white guy on Chapelle's show. He was funny, but nothing really worth sharing.

Now for the Offspring... Good lightware, good music, good sensation, but the band just seemed like they didn't want to be there. They didn't talk much, only played music. Then, when the last song was played, they yelled, "Happy Halloween!" and walked offstage. Pretty lame. I'm not even going to touch the mosh pit. It was honestly like watching a bunch of five year olds play ring around the rosie. I guess that's what you get when you combine geeks with rock.

BlizzCon has been one of the best experiences of my life. If there has been anything in this thread that I have been vague on and you would like to know about, PST in game. I like to make sure my audience is properly informed.

ThRaShEd

Member!
Reaction score
well theres dryads the horse/ne mixed guys the pandas ; ) the naga type people the many many other things its rather endless but wats left seems to b shit tats ugly and quiet odd for allaince.... o ya and I HATE SOCKED ITEMS omg i wish they didnt bring jewl crafting but if they make EVERYTHING with like certian amount sockets maybe one or epics 2 or somthing like tat then i guess its ok...

Those are just my oponions and ideas we shall see in the months to come!