Hillsbrad Foothills SUCK

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I just changed my spec to 40arc 21fire. I also just sheeped a warrior and crit on two Pyros (first cast, second POM) for 5k each, followed by a fireblast crit for 2.6k, then a blastwave crit for 1500. And he died. It was beautiful. 1600dmg, hah. Don't make me laugh.
Who said crit?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
5k crits is pushing it. No one crits that high.
Not really, Arcane Power improves spell damage for 30%, meaning that for a 5k crit to happen, it'd have to be 3.8k crit without AP. Since it's double, it only has to be a pyroblast of 1.9k normal, which is a perfectly normal pyroblast at level 70 with good enough gear (plus he's arcane, he's got 25% of his int turn into +dmg).

Reaction score
I prefer going to Crossroads on my 70 rogue and waiting at the flight master, I then proceed to kill anyone who lands, as well as occasionally killing the gryphon master for fun. I also make sure to kill every quest NPC. :D

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've leveled through Hillsbrad 4x, I think I was killed a whole 5-6x? Are you sure you just aren't shitty?

I don't even both to world PvP or level I'd rather just make a 19 twink and wsg and arena other twinks. I don't have patience to get to 51, i've had a full level of rested xp at 50 for 2 weeks now. Then I made a hunter and then realized that concussion shot is the most pussy ass skill in the game. Then I made a twink, I just need defias armor damnit and i can get the enchants and be done.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
5k crits is pushing it. No one crits that high.
+15% Fire dmg from the scorch talent
+30% dmg from AP
+872 fire dmg from gear//trinket (Pyro gets 184%)
+100%extra dmg from crits (arcane talent)

Trust me, critting a pyro for 5k is very possible.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
+50% from Arcane talents you mean.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah, that too. In fact, my Fireblasts have crit for around 4.5k on occasion.

Now granted, that occasion is very slim, popping AP, Trinket, having all 5 scorch debuffs on, and having a lock have Curse of Ele thrown in it, but still.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Hehe, like I said, I wasn't referring to crits. With my new build, my incinerate or SB hits for about 1.1k and crits for 2.2-2.5k, which isn't bad for build, which is entirely scalable on gear, which I have shit of. I'm sure if I had more reasonable equipment I would be hitting for every bit of 4k on a consistant basis. You gotta remember, Ruin locks crit about 25% of the time :p

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I don't think you'll be able to get +3k more dmg...

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Sometimes I question your reading comprehension. I said going from 2.5k to 4k. Not 5.5k.

And I suppose I could always respec to a full destro and laugh at the 10k conflagrate crits <3

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Hehe, like I said, I wasn't referring to crits. With my new build, my incinerate or SB hits for about 1.1k and crits for 2.2-2.5k, which isn't bad for build, which is entirely scalable on gear, which I have shit of. I'm sure if I had more reasonable equipment I would be hitting for every bit of 4k on a consistant basis. You gotta remember, Ruin locks crit about 25% of the time :p
Sorry, but my reading comprehension is fine. You need to learn to word your shit better. You're making the arguement that you're not talking about crits, saying that you hit for 1.1k dmg (which is kinda low, but you're not 70 yet, right?) critting for ~2.5k and then saying that if you had better gear (and probably lvl 70) that you could hit for ~4k on a consistant basis, leading one to believe that you'de hit for 4k dmg pre-trinket/PI/crit. Which is where the+3k spell dmg comes in

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I'm still not seeing where 1.5=3.