Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Farm Hiding... Well, it depends.

On one hand, there is the strategic element. By hiding a Farm somewhere on the map, you are able to buy yourself time to allow a stashed army to attack and hopefully destroy an enemy base. Always nice if you can pull that off.

On the other hand, and this is sadly the more common case, there is the sore loser who hides the Farm because he got creamed and thinks he should make the winner "earn his victory." There are few things as juvenile as a sore loser, and few things more disgusting to play against as well.

I find Farm Hiders lean more towards the latter, so I personally vote for an elimination to Farm Hiding unless there is even a slight chance of victory. Unfortunately, I doubt this kind of system can be implemented without great difficulty so... yeah, guess my vote is against Farm Hiding.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
And about heroes... The "one man army" heroes, like the MK and the DH, are still huge threats alone, especially at high levels. If someone has a few high level heroes, they can still dish out a good deal of pain, and are pretty much still in the fight.

I had an ally back when I played 3v3 in 1.02 who had nothing left but his 3 Human heroes. However, he was a very good hero microer, and had a level 7 Pally, a level 7 MK, and a level 8 AM. He would do little hit and runs with all 3 heroes and Mass Tele, and do respectable damage as well. In the full scale battles, he helped us out with Clap, his WEs, and the super powerful Blizzard of 1.02. By game's end, he had all level 10 heroes. In fact, this game had inspired me to take up Humans, who remained my primary race up until 1.04. Don't remember the guy's name, but I had quite a deal of respect for him, and it earned my respect for Human triple hero.

mcho

Reaction score
Website
www.wc3net.com
lol
i was at friend's house playing 1v1 on the......wat's the map
the first map on the list, u kno 1v1 map only for ladder game

u know on the sides, there are dragons and there's actually a bit space between the water and forest
i lost the match but i bulit a farm there and my friend's comp was good so that i just left it on and started playing some other game called ragnarok
the opponent didn't leave for like 4 hours, that is after i went back home and the opponent never found it and it was my win..LOL

the easiest way to find it is just get a air unit and put them all on the top so that it'll cover everywhere horizontaly and just put them on patrol to the bottom..........

only stupid ppl cant find them lol

another time, i was hiding orc burrow and put the peon in it so the opponent won't find it but then when the enemies came and it started attacking.........LOL
that was pretty fun
i wouldn't do this if i was alone at home lol i'd be such a loser
but it was just for fun at friend's house so yea..

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, hiding can be pretty annoying, just beat them up later if you know them or something.....

Problems seeing stuff?
Another thing is to hit Alt-A without selecting an AoW (You'll build an Archer). On your minimap, enemies will be red, you white, allies yellow and creeps orange.

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sometimes those gays dont even finish the farm!
they start and get to second spot.
only way to do it good is like this.*be sneaky*
its orc but doesnt matter.
in golems in the mist. get as much as those mines in trees as u can. the safest 1 make it a stronghold and make left above somewhere there is a hole to water.build a wyvern building there and at your big base in the trees. make ONLY WYV and u always win :)
worked 3 times failed 0 (if u do good)

Aquiyutiluded

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If blizzard were to find a way to do anti hiding farms, I'm guessing it would have a format such as blighted ground for the undead. Easy to spot, hard to hide.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hate to say it but its pretty funny i hid the farm once in one game and i almost won but it was with orc so i guess i hid the burrow too bad they found my guys and killed them i got two of their bases tho

Nasty88

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Guys are ****ing dumb farm hiding will be elimated in tft because u will need a town hall of race sort to stay alive and if u don't u will be kicked from the game simple as that.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, Nasty88 is right, in TFT its a lot harder, and not nearly as cheap if your the one trying to find the farms, because if you do not have a Town Hall structure, then you are "revealed" to your opponents after like, 2 minutes...
When it reveals you, it lets them see where you are on the map, so no more farm hiding!

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I think it should be more like if you opponent has lost all of his Town Halls and Unit Producers, he automatically looses.