• No

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

td4w9

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HIDING THE FARm gay strategy

hello fello warcraft 3 players, i want you to know ive played recently 2 games and the ****** other team, did hide the farm for like 40 minutes after we shoulda won!!!!!!!!!!!! thats ****ing gay as hell, sorry for my language, but i think this technique should be not allowed in the next patch, i wrote blizzard about my ideas i think they much liked it! what do you guyz think about this

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Of course it shouldn't be allowed. THe think is, blizzard has no way of making it so you cant. The best thing to do when they do this is to spread your entire army over the entire map and start partoling, and target the workers if you see them. This happens to me alot, but If Im loosing and my ally does this (and I havn'g quit yet), I just wisper to the other team where the farm is, out of curtacy. But usualy it dosn't take all that long to find them

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
What blizzard needs to do is make it so, unless someone has a chance of rebuilding/winning, they lose. IE: If someone has 2 farms left and a barracks, but only 10 gold, then they lose... since they can't build anything.

td4w9

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ya your rite skuzzy, thnx for always having smart advice, this was my first post thnx for responding, i emailed blizzard and said their is a way they can stop the hiding the farm i wrote "if in the next patch, you made it so when 2-3 teams total building have been destroyed the other team loses all his wood and can not trade with his partners" so you see skuzzy their is a way just people have to realize it, and i love your forums they own! ill post tonite, on NE Bears peace... thnx skuzzy Version Two rox!!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
What do u mean with "when 2-3 teams total building have been destroyed"?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
honestly, theres nothing wrong with it. you build 3 air units and patrol. what kind of dumb**** can't patrol around the map. and if it takes you 40 minutes to find them im glad you are having trouble. as soon as you attack a base you make sure no workers leave, its the smart thing to do. there shouldn't be a patch just because someone can hide a farm. all you do is find it, and laugh at them.

td4w9

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
your a moron pan, im saying they have an army left over, and no base, and they keep doing build the farm and such, its sooo gay when we build siege destroy and buildign and their army comes after us, and we have no army but we have bases! and then we were about to win and they kept building other places ...

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Garimto, one of the best players in the world (he used to be the worlds best protoss player in BW too) built farms all over the map and killed the enemy's main base with nothing but an archmage.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by AKA-47
Garimto, one of the best players in the world (he used to be the worlds best protoss player in BW too) built farms all over the map and killed the enemy's main base with nothing but an archmage.
Must have been a high leveled arch mage... or a really shitty base. One tower / burrow / call to arms / uproot would easily beable to hurt an arch mage enough. Although, he could run from an uproot and keep shooting from distance... but I don't see how the person couldn't get a couple of men while this was happening.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, the enemy had an entire army, but when he teleported to his base he kept running away.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i hate archamges, i would put him to sleep and came after him, surrounded him, and killed him. it gets me pissed when a pussy does something like that. i could understand if he had a chance, but if he wants to be annoying, and just use gay tactics, i think he is a loser. besides, just make water elementls, and come at him from all sides with ice rain type magic and such.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
He couldn't use sleep, the enemy wasn't undead. Besides, he DID have a chance, he killed all the enemy's buildings but a few but then the enemy found his last farm.

And if u belive garimto is a newb then u should start paying attention to what is happening in the gaming world.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by AKA-47
Actually, the enemy had an entire army, but when he teleported to his base he kept running away.
uh, so why not leave 3-4 archers at his base and send the rest of his guys out? I find it a bit hard to beleive one archmage could kill an entire base and army... even if there was no one at the base, it would still take a single archmage like 15 minutes to take it down. He could be making archers while he did that or just made a few towers spread out to make him waste blizzard on single towers and keep him busy. Anyways, I just don't understand the logic behind it. got a replay?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, but its for 1.02. And the archmage was high level, and 1 archmage + a water elemental can take out a tower.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SkuZZy
uh, so why not leave 3-4 archers at his base and send the rest of his guys out? I find it a bit hard to beleive one archmage could kill an entire base and army... even if there was no one at the base, it would still take a single archmage like 15 minutes to take it down. He could be making archers while he did that or just made a few towers spread out to make him waste blizzard on single towers and keep him busy. Anyways, I just don't understand the logic behind it. got a replay?
It would take him 15 minutes to take out a tower with out any magic, cause archmage sucks :D

anyways, just use dispel magic, or antimagic shield on a water element to get rid of em.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
IF any one hero is going to take out a single base, it would have to be the tauren chieftman simply because a archmage does like 50-55 damage at lvl 10 and a chieftmen does like 80-90 and well i dont have an hour to watch a base be destroyed.

dr_blizzard

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
well blizzard does good damage and he can teleport incase of trouble + he can make water elemntal

GreenClover

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't mean to gloat, but I've finished off two armies with one lvl 7-9 mountain king simply because he's the best hero in the game, thunder clap can destroy a whole armor in about 3 smashes at lvl 3, thunder hammer or whatever it's called kills a hero in less then 2 hits if you hit it with the thunder clap as well not to mention his giant growth (having a brain fart and forget the name of it ;P) which gives him easily over 1200 HP and atleast 14 Armor and dealing nearly 100 dmg, he's a beast, hands down the best SINGLE hero, tauren VS mk would be a good match but i believe the mk would win..atleast the first battle, reincarnation is kinda cheap ^^.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I think you should be able to hide farms all you want, besides, even If blizzard decides hiding farms is illegal, what defines "Hiding"? are you going to have a specific location where you can only build farms? that's stupid if you ask me, there's no strategy to that, lots of people put moon wells or burrows in specific places so that they benefit from them, obviously farms do nothing and get in the way. But you can easily hide a moon well, or a burrow as easily as a farm. Why humans do it with farms more than other races, I do not know.

And What difference does it make if you hide farms or not? as the opposition it shouldn't be too difficult to defeat. If you're just looking for a farm that is hidden, you've pretty much won the game anyhow... Just split up your army in various directions throughout the map and hit the patrol button, saving you looking time, whenever they see something of the enemies they will attack it. Blam, ended. 40 minutes is rediculous.

It's part of the game, get over it.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you should be able to hide farms all you want, besides, even If blizzard decides hiding farms is illegal, what defines "Hiding"? are you going to have a specific location where you can only build farms? that's stupid if you ask me, there's no strategy to that, lots of people put moon wells or burrows in specific places so that they benefit from them, obviously farms do nothing and get in the way. But you can easily hide a moon well, or a burrow as easily as a farm. Why humans do it with farms more than other races, I do not know.
Well... humans are the only race where you can begin to build a structure, and then leave it sitting there, and use your peasent to build more 1/8th done farms. It's still classified as a building even if it has 80 hit points, so the enemy still has to kill it. Does that answer your question? If anyone else has questions feel free to ask me, I know everything :)