Hi there...me ish new :) (almost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
He sounds more like he used to talk on AIM then how he used to post on here. I'm still waiting for some more in depth communication :D Hence the IM with incentive :D

I miss our early morning lessons :(

Oh, and why are people all excited and prancing his return when you didn't even know him? Examples being Brandon and Blue...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Niedar said:
Summit, start playing Lineage with me and Tweak. I believe you know who I am since I sent you a PM but I am WhiteAngel. The server owns hardcore and it is free.

The rates for EXP and Adena have been upped on there.

Here is a link to the site: http://l2.ultimaro.com/forum/index.php
Registeration is closed now, you forgot about treefrog and me as well =)

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
welcome my friend..

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
^^ Obviously hasn't read the thread and just wanted his +1 ;)

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well,i didint know you ,though i knew who you where and i doubt you ven know who i am

but anyway welcome back i guess =/

Roland

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
can smeone enlighten me on what this is about??? the "bunny thing"??? what is that... someone plz tell me, i feel left out :(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Roland said:
can smeone enlighten me on what this is about??? the "bunny thing"??? what is that... someone plz tell me, i feel left out :(
you're left out because you joined here too late.

And its best to let it all go, its past anyways.

FL4R3

Member!
Reaction score
yea roland and i go to the same school

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

And Mike, when have we ever not told our history?

Well, I don't want to get into ALL of the history of BF...just cause we have quite the history...BUT...Mystic used to be a D2 Hacking mod known as TheSummit, or even earlier known as Storm. Well, he just so happened to be quite inept at PHP/MySQL, so they made good ol' Dennis (TS) an Admin here. Well, a lot of kids here gave TS more abuse than he could take, so he IMed muah and told me he was gonna do a little something something...then he did a little something something...then he told me how gay it looked so he had to fix it...at that time he had changed all of the user names, user titles, sigs, avatars, and postcounts on EVERYONE in the forum. Like I was saying, he told me it was gay looking, so he fixed the user names. I giggled and laughed because I knew he was playing around and would fix it if he were asked to because that's just the kind of guy he is...and I was talking to him at the time...but our former owner ChrisUK wasn't the brightest in security so he just completely shut the forum down for 2 months because Summit found database access thus ruining all of our traffic thank you Chris GOOD NIGHT!

That's the unabridged version :D

dP

Member!
Reaction score
I dont care, i'm gonna post this.

Welcome to Battleforums​

"Hell on Wheels"
Odds are you are going to die from the plague

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
What the hell are you talking about JD?

Summit did all those changes, and then deleted/IP banned himself.

How the hell was he supposed to undo all of that after deleting his account? Alright, maybe he could've used the Database, but if someone did that to CursedProphets, deleted all traces of them ever having been there, and then proceded to edit people's posts in BStaff, threatening to do more if people didn't stop talking shit about him, or spam your forums, wouldn't you lock it down too, and relocate the database?

He ****ed us over, then threatened to do more if we didn't leave him alone for it?

Common JD, I thought you had more sense than that.

Demon Child

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Zerogamers.com
coRtALoS said:
What the hell are you talking about JD?

Summit did all those changes, and then deleted/IP banned himself.

How the hell was he supposed to undo all of that after deleting his account? Alright, maybe he could've used the Database, but if someone did that to CursedProphets, deleted all traces of them ever having been there, and then proceded to edit people's posts in BStaff, threatening to do more if people didn't stop talking shit about him, or spam your forums, wouldn't you lock it down too, and relocate the database?

He ****ed us over, then threatened to do more if we didn't leave him alone for it?

Common JD, I thought you had more sense than that.
Looks like there is more to this story then i had been told....
:fwink

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Cort is a bstaff leaking sumbitch ;)

And I have plenty of sense. BUT, I do suppose the only reason I knew how to stop TS when it was happening was because I was conversing with him when he was doing it. But then again, I had someone hack CP just last week. Wanna know what I did? Banned his IP off of my nameserver AND my directory on my host. He can't even type my FTP address anymore without getting anally raped by me ;) (He will find out a little later this month when I activate the SCBV I put in his computer ;)), but that wasn't quite the same scale I suppose.

It could have been corrected with the database, and I agree it should have been at least changed. Relocating is kind of a waste, but changing your security is another ball park that would have been effective.

I would have suggested renaming your databases, changing user names, passwords, obviously editing the config.php well after changing your ftp passwords, and then making the proper edits. After banning his IP of course, that is if you could still find it (I keep hard logs of anyone who ever had admin status or any kind of "special" priviledges on my server, just in case something like this was to happen).

Now, TS was a genious, if you had ever talked to him and really got to know him and what he could do...he was a smart bastard there is no doubt about that. But he wouldn't have been able to stop you from doing that. He's not THAT smart (I don't believe so anyway). 2 months of downtime was just downright ludicris.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Which brings me back to blaming Chris for the whole thing. Ok, for not having it fixed in under 2 months. I'm pretty sure that you know just as much if not more about SQL than I do, so his judgement on you was pretty ignorant in my opinion.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Actually, he could've had the forums back up that day. His final decision was that after what TheSummit did, BattleForums was too much of a liability to host on his server, and thus stopped hosting us.

If you understand where he was coming from, you can't blame the guy considering his only ****ing motive of owning this forum was for profit.

Therefore the decline in activity can be blamed equally on TheSummit and chrisuk. Chrisuk wasn't the one that abused his authority here. :-/

Me attacking the forums tomorrow would be as unexpected as was TheSummit's attack, why should we have been suspicious of him all along after all the good he had done previously?

Status
Not open for further replies.