Heroes of newerth - ***Thread closed due to people asking for beta keys***

Status
Not open for further replies.

aergo

The Prophet
Reaction score
Website
www.gnomelogic.com
Does HON take away the style of game that dota created as a custom map in Warcraft 3. has the new graphics and engine destroyed the game play and micro of Dota.
i would like your opinions as a player because i do not have a copy of this game.

enix

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Re: Heroes of newerth

Does HON take away the style of game that dota created as a custom map in Warcraft 3. has the new graphics and engine destroyed the game play and micro of Dota.
i would like your opinions as a player because i do not have a copy of this game.
It has the same map, some same characters *lol I've seen pudge xD* and same basis on skills, and locations of towers and buildings in dota, I've also seen runes on it

I do have the game but not a key, so basically I still can't play it

aergo

The Prophet
Reaction score
Website
www.gnomelogic.com

It has the same map, some same characters *lol I've seen pudge xD* and same basis on skills, and locations of towers and buildings in dota, I've also seen runes on it

yeah i have no key eather.
i am just wondering with the new engine will it be as smooth and fluent as dota is. but so far it looks smooth and fast so i am hoping they do it right.

kappz

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

By the looks of it, HoN seems very smooth. Friends who are playing in the beta now tell me the gameplay is awesome.. easy to control your character and quite simply very fun to play

Delitha

Smoked
Reaction score

friend, the game is fantastic. the graphics, audio, gameplay. the shop menu is much simpler, is very good. gives some things differ from the map as the composition, location and distrubution of the trees in the forest, and so on. but overall very good

bajsungen

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

Yeah everyone keeps telling it's really good

Delitha

Smoked
Reaction score

the game is great, the gameplay too, have a much more manageable shop menu, there are some things that change as the distribution of trees on the map.

Drizztlol

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

the map is exactly the same with the same vision/fog of war stuff. also the heroes are the same well they have taken some of some chars skills away like the bad ones. Also creep blocking is very hard cos almost every model of the chars and creeps are marginly smaller than the ones from DotA.

Drizztlol

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

new shop menu awsum! haha and also the gameplay is quite difrnt almost a completly difrnt game haha with its new graphics things seem to hapn alot faster and all at once while in dota thngs are alot easyr to notice when sand king is casting ulti stuf like tht.

Drizztlol

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

while in HoN magmus or w/e the sand king remake hes quite OP like actually unless he got nerfed recently him casting his ulti can come out of nowhere and hurts so bad LOL well i guess this game will just take awhile to get used to. well thts just my opinion on stuff =D

Jingle

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

The gameplay looks exactly the same from the one from wc3.. I haven't played but it seems as if its the exact same just the graphics are better

Arctikus

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

It isn't all the same, take Puppet master for instance, i've never had that much fun with a hero before in Dota than I have had with Puppet. It just makes the game so much better, also without the warcraft engines limitations on items allows HoN to expand item effects and allow perviously un-mixable items now to be mixed, that doesn't mean you can have to vampric auras but other mixes.

Drizztlol

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

agreed the new heroes bring more to the game and show what they are capable of in the future also things such as the 2v2 map etc. yes the game play is somewhat the same people who have playd DotA alot and mayb Seriously could tell you that the gameplay is quite different for example the creep denying is similar but with smaller creep models are different from the wc3 models and effect the gameplay somewhat but yea like creep blocking is alot harder due to this (guess i just need to practise more lol)

mortalko

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

looks nice... been trying to get my hands ona key xD

Gigachip

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

it has a good graphics and cool hero models!

bertwuuu

i'M a Good Person
Reaction score

this game is awesome! better try this! 10/10 :driving:

CoStin

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

I have to say that HoN is 98% DotA... same heroes, skills, map, stats gain etc
the only diference is at the graphics.. 2 new heroes... and some skill changes (very few)

ben2005023

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score

Haven't tried this game because I have no beta key, but my friends say "It's better than DotA. Skills are same but the faces of the hero are not the same. Everything's new though. :D

CHONY

Reaction score

i really like this game , i m waiting the key ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.