Heroes of Newerth Beta thoughts, questions, and answers

iRawrrr

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
god. wats the point of having HON exactly copy the heores and the items and just chance their names a little bit. why can they just copy it exactly from dota. like mirana would actually b riding a tiger instead of his new valkyrie cuz i rly wanna c wat a tb would look like in HON.

Arctikus

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Quick question on hosting. How does it work in HoN?
I haven't been able to get my hands on a Beta key yet or seen a video relating to this so...

Do you host it or does S2 host it on servers on there own

OR

Is it somthing similar to WC3's Host system?

Also I was wanting to know if there are runes in this game like in WC3/DotA? It was fun having runes to mix it up in the middle alot.

keith0305

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
god. wats the point of having HON exactly copy the heores and the items and just chance their names a little bit. why can they just copy it exactly from dota. like mirana would actually b riding a tiger instead of his new valkyrie cuz i rly wanna c wat a tb would look like in HON.
That would be a little more interesting if they change the name.

Luna's new name is Moon Queen. Lol.

nokie100

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I really like the graphics of this game. Its really just like dota. and i really want to play it badly. can't seem to find a betakey. anyway. my friend has an account and he says the shops here are complicated. is that true?

Arctikus

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I really like the graphics of this game. Its really just like dota. and i really want to play it badly. can't seem to find a betakey. anyway. my friend has an account and he says the shops here are complicated. is that true?
From what I've seen/heard is that the shops are dead easy to learn and are VERY user friendly. But I haven't played the game yet so I wouldn't know. Also there is video on the HoN facebook page with a shop tutorial that you might checkout.

nokie100

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Ohh. Hope I can Try that. I tried to get a betakey at facebook. haha. nothing happened. hahaha. I really want to play the game badly!!

SHALITRA

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Ohh. Hope I can Try that. I tried to get a betakey at facebook. haha. nothing happened. hahaha. I really want to play the game badly!!
me 2 but i played once it's so cool , that graphic it's gonna be more popular the dota in year at least..

13rute

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
A friend who's been playing HoN says the online delay is very minimal is this true? In the average game of dota i get like 2-3 second delay.

Wiggles

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
anyone klnow if there is a sight comparing the two games or that gives the new builds and new char?

Amel

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i like it much more than DotA cus of graphics and heroes are better,but i dont like psr :S
no one wants to play with my bro. :S

Crillz

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
NO WILL BE anyway i want beta hope i will get one but how diffrent is the heroes really? and one IMPORTANT question will the game be updated?`iof not it should get boring after a while nonono WILL BE!

Wiggles

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i like it much more than DotA cus of graphics and heroes are better,but i dont like psr :S
no one wants to play with my bro. :S
dont mean to sound like a nub, but whats psr?

aergo

The Prophet
Reaction score
Website
www.gnomelogic.com
If this game wasn't a carbon-copy of DotA then it might be good, but because it is, it sucks.
You sir are going to burn in the never ending hell fires of well... hell. the only comment that you could possibly make with out embarrassing your self is to just apologize for the injustice that you have commuted with the insulation of dota.

enix

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
You sir are going to burn in the never ending hell fires of well... hell. the only comment that you could possibly make with out embarrassing your self is to just apologize for the injustice that you have commuted with the insulation of dota.
agreed sir!

@guy who posted bad things about dota

dude, if you don't have nice things to say about dota then Shut Up, they're not forcing us to play dota, so keep ur stupid thoughts to yourself