Hero Strategy: Goblin Tinker

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Also, use rockets to break channels. Which is sadly, the true purpose of using teh rockets.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
ive never used tinker in a game in my life..... first its a melee intel hero and second, its sooo hard to choose whether to go rocket or pocket because enemy might change plan and stuff....... but his ulti is sooooooooo good

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Rocket sucks. It only does 35 damage total (damage is done per missile), and only stuns for 1. A "channel breaker" spell is a way of looking at it. You are better off getting Pocket Factory first, which can really cause some pain in melee units on rushes, defending, or engaged in deadlock.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Adds strength and bonus armor
Makes him mechanical, peasents and other workers are now able to fix him
Ignores all non-mechanical target spells (like holy light and stuff)
Also gains demolish ability, which increases the amount of damage he causes to buildings.

also the upgrades of str, armor and power of demolish are all determined by the number of points in Engineering Upgrade (should be 2 when you get Robo).

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hellwolf_36 said:
Adds strength and bonus armor
Makes him mechanical, peasents and other workers are now able to fix him
Ignores all non-mechanical target spells (like holy light and stuff)
Also gains demolish ability, which increases the amount of damage he causes to buildings.

also the upgrades of str, armor and power of demolish are all determined by the number of points in Engineering Upgrade (should be 2 when you get Robo).
Err...should be level 3 when u get robo. You should get level 3 Eng at level 5.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Usually I have level 3 pocket factory for the 80 damage explosions and level 2 eng.

Then I get robo and complete the engineering.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's far wiser get Eng to level 3 first. Sure you will do 20 more damage, but compared to the level 2 jump from 30 to 60 damage, it's less noticable.

To compensate for a measely 20 damage loss, your goblins will be made faster, which allows more to attack using their normal attack, in addition to more explosions going off.

Also, the passive is on ALL the time, meaning the extra 6 damage and 10% speed will always be useful.

Finally, you get a huge boost when you couple the eng upgrade with the ultimate.

It's better, trust me.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I guess I will try it and try to notice the difference.

Ganzu

Member!
Reaction score
I tried my hand at Tinker and got decent results!

Okay okay, I was scared to play Tinker against people. But! when I did try to play Tinker I pretty much done a 2 easy comps vs me. I don't think my partner Comp helped that much.

But I see what playing Tinker is getting at. At the moment it is my favorite Hero. I may play him more often.