Hero Matchup! #2

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's a no-brainer IMO that the DL would wreck the SH. Both Hex and Sleep are useless in a 1v1 with these 2.. Hex doesn't last long enough and Sleep is only to make surrounding the hero easier. This would bring it down to the other 3 moves they can get.. Healing Wave, Big Bad Voodoo, and Serpent Ward. While Healing Wave and Serpent Ward would serve useful, Big Bad Voodoo sadly won't do anything in a 1v1. For the DL, there's Carrion Swarm (I think that's the name, I don't use him much), Vampiric Aura, and uh.. that summon Infernal (don't know the exact name). Being able to actually USE the level 6 skill effectively will put the DL on top, as Infernal does Chaos damage to the SH, and it becomes a 2v1, just wards on the SH's side. Vampiric Aura would keep giving the Infernal and DL life, and Carrion Swarm would take out the Wards and do damage to the SH.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Above post is true.

think of this matchup, it is strength vs. intellegence. the SH is not a 1v1 hero, it is a support hero. the Dl would win, especialy with vamp aura and infernal. carrion does damage also, but that isn't needed as much.

strength is a 1v1, agility and intellegence are best with units.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If the shadow hunter keeps running away and placing serpent wards and healing himself he could stand a chance... I think.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think it would be close but I would have to give the edge to dreadlord. Hex doesn't help in a 1v1? It lowers his armor to 0... so easy nuking. You can't do anything while he's sleeping. BTW, SH is an agility based.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CitricAcid13
I think it would be close but I would have to give the edge to dreadlord. Hex doesn't help in a 1v1? It lowers his armor to 0... so easy nuking. You can't do anything while he's sleeping. BTW, SH is an agility based.
umm, i don't know what ur talking about, 6 seconds at level 3, allows only like 2 attack from the SH, and the SH doesn't have much nuking abilities.

As for hex, The unit Keeps the armor type, it just switches to medium.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they actually both equal out dl has carrion swarm taht does damage but the healing wave heals the sh take the ultimates out serpent ward isnt bad and vampire aura is ok sleep n hex pretty much same thing if ultimates took a place in this dl for sure

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProdigiousLucidOsprey
Afaik vampiric aura doesnt work on infernal does it?
It does in the games i played. or was that unholy aura. i know they get help from auras.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Vampiric Aura will affect your spell-immune units, however it can't be use AGAINST spell-immune units.. so yes, it should affect Infernal.