Hero Matchup! #1

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Lich vs. Bloodmage! Who would win?? List the pro's and con's for each person. ;) And lets just see what you people think. Go ahead and toss scenarios in there too, like,
Lich with necros, Bloodmage with spellbreakers.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, Level 2 Personally I think BLoodmage would dominate lich. Siphon Mana would put him useless after a few of the mana drains. and then you can attack and nuke away.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Uh.. if you gave the Bloodmage Spellbreakers it's obvious they would win seeing as they're supposed to be the Human anti-casters and that Necros are the casters. Also, Spellbreakers are immune to magic so flamestrike won't affect them, just the necros.. and frost nova won't affect them. If a Necro put up Unholy Frenzy it'll only be stolen by a Spellbreaker so uh, yeah, Bloodmage would win.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The problem with the lich is he always seems to be out of mana. He is a useful second hero, but not useful as a first hero.

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Hmm, but keeping the Bloodmage at bay with beefy units as they punk on his units and the the mage when he futily tries to regain mana, and blowing hum away with nova. keep in mind the Lich CAN use dark ritual to gain back lost mana on skellies.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You use dark ritual, then the bloodmage just uses siphon mana and takes that mana back. I think it would be close but I still think the edge goes to the Bloodmage.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
true, but where would you get the skellies from? you'd have to wait for one of your necros do die, or you would have to kill one yourself. and nova would be useless against spellbreakers, spell immunity like said before.

in a real game though, bloodmage would win. lets say both players get the lich and bloodmage 2nd, MK and DK first. lich and bloodmage are both casters, so they'd stay back from the fighting with there ranged attack and spells. bloodmage would prolly win in this way.

Lich - frost nova
bloodmage - flame strike
Lich - frost nova
bloodmage - flame strike
lich - ritual
bloodmage- siphon mana
lich - nova
bloodmage - still siphoning prolly
lich - ritual
bloodmage - banish
lich - nova
bloodmage - flamestrike

now, this is really unbeliveable. but thinking it COULD happen, the lich will do about 400 damage with novas, where as the bloodmage will do about 330+330+549 (flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike plus the 66% extra of banish) thats about 1269 damage. bloodmage, winner.

once again this is unbeliveable, and both players would have to have negative micro, and both heroes would have to be lvl 7 or so, with lvl 3 nova, lvl 3 ritual and lvl 3 flamestrike, lvl 3 siphon, and banish.

and i haven't even taken into accord the cooldown times, that could change alot of it.

malison

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, it's not the way it's supposed to happen but 1v1 probably bloodmage would win. Lich's dark ritual would help if there were other units.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The funny thing with flamestrike is... you can move before it starts damge. ;)

scatjoe

Member!
Reaction score
i think the bloodmage would win, he could turn him ethereal and corner him and just flam his ass

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so you're saying you can move him away in a 1 second? He won't take the full damage unles you have NO micro, but hes still has to take around 2-4 seconds of it

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I dont think so, you can see flamestrike start really early, so you can move, throw on a frost shield for that extra 5 armor and nova and pound away at him with attack, siphon mana or not.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
You can hear flame strike very early. It is a really loud noise that a player should always be aware of just so they can get out of the way. I think that flamestrike would not own the lich. The lich could get out of the way very easily (even with banish). Frost Nova would own.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Frost nova costs so much mana anyways, once you cast it, siphon mana would have nothing to siphon

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, then you can't cast another frost nova... How long does it take to cast flamestrike? 1 second? 1.5 seconds? If you place him in the middle of the radius and he's banished there's no way he can get out of the way of flamestrike.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yeah but if ur banished, a smart player would know to move, even before flamestrike has been dealt, and it is hard to cast on a moving hero. and bansh doesn't last that long. now what leel are we talking about, cause a lich with a higher level nova nad frost shield would win ultimately.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It depends on how well the Lich is developed. The Lich, early game will probably lose but in late game it becomes insanely strong with huge amounts of Intelligence and Mana.

Plus, I can't deny the power of either of the spells, but hey, dodging Flamestrike is pretty simple once you get used to it.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
It depends on how well the Lich is developed. The Lich, early game will probably lose but in late game it becomes insanely strong with huge amounts of Intelligence and Mana.

Plus, I can't deny the power of either of the spells, but hey, dodging Flamestrike is pretty simple once you get used to it.
Yep. Flamestrike is simple to dodge...it takes a good amount of time to cast and then a good amount of time to deal damage (in porportion to the initial cast).

FuZi0N

Member!
Reaction score
bloodmage combined with MK is a nice hero killer
Banish, FlameStrike, Stormbolt all at the same time
dmg= about 1000 with all spells lvl 3
I say bloodmage all the way.....
farbetter than lich, although coil and nova are ok
for a hero killer