Help with wc3 orc campaign level collect 15000 lumber

jugador7mejor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi all, thanks in advance for any help you can give:

i'm in the orc missions, the current one is where i'm on the edge of the forest, encountering the night elves for the first time, and i have to gather 15000 lumber as my main mission. basically, i'm sort of stuck; i can destroy the smaller elf outposts and kill their trees of life, and i can kill the creeps, including the furbolgs which wins the optional mission and gives me the goblin shredders. by the way, how do i use those shredders? i have them cut down trees but my lumber total doesn't go up any. anyway, i tower up my base for defense, but don't have enough gold to expand; all the mines are too far away (i.e. the one the trolls were guarding--if i try to mine it my guys just get killed, esp. if i build a town hall thing over there to collect faster) to be super-viable for getting rich. or at least this is my experience. do i need to go after one of the big enemy bases quick, or what? my hero doesn't seem that good (blademaster) compared to other heroes. anyway now i'm just complaining, but i'm stuck, so any help would be necessary. thanks a bunch!!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Straight away after taking out the NE go and take the GM and make a Great Hall. Then spend the next 15 minutes or so teching and piling Towers everywhere around the GM and leave a few Grunts there to take out the Balistae. About 15 Towers will rape anything except the Balistae, so take 'em out early. And keep them repaired!

Don't bother lumbering 15000 gold. Instead, get additional Gold and happiness by Bloodlusted Raider massing and smashing the poor NE bases to oblivion. Take out the ToL first before smashing the base to bits. Look for the south GM and take it early 'cos the one you have will run out early.

'lusted Raider massing, repeat and repeat, then use Shreaders/Peons to mass the Lumber you used up.

Note: ToLs don't give you 3000 lumber in Custom and on BNET!

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wouldnt it just be alot easier to mass towers guarding your base and then send all available peons to collect wood and have some for gold so u can build altar and grunts.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That's what I said, except go Raiders since the NE bases can get quite bad, with all the APs and Grom Hellscream seems to take a lot of beatings from APs and Dryads.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah raiders r so funny and good to when you use hit and run tatics it confuses the enemy and they run to get u and you run away then you attack their expo or something it really pisses them off and funny listening to them bitch and moan.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
level hellscream and when the enemy surrounds use bladestorm, and go mass raider or capults. Attack the trees of life for 3000 more lumber.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well Ued_colonial does have a point if you level both Hellscream and Bm make the BM use bladestorm and make Grom use earthquake to level anything that in your way, you dont have to worry about anything you could beat it without a hitch.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude grom cant use earthquake only thrall.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
o yeah lol you no same last name i got confused i dont see y you would be using Grom cause Thrall is better with earthquake just level things its fun Grom is just a sry excuse for a BM the regular one is cooler.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey i like hellscream he is cool. He is a good god damn melee unit. Plus his possesed form kicks ass.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I guess its an opinion it wasnt that different his possesed form is just him but hes all red and his eyes r bright red. He is cool but hes got an axe and a sword is just so much cooler :)

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
he is a orc grunt, grunts uses axes only raiders and bms use swords. Axes are a sigh of brute strengh and power.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man axes rule, Plus can you blame the guy he is a orc. Thank god not all orcs are like peons.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
BM is stronger than FS though. And without Grom there'd be no cool final Orc Campaign. But shame. Would've been nice for an Illidan <> Mannaroth-esque battle.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man the last level was easy just double chick on grom and he dead.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
true but BM would own any1 any were any time except for one person that is. And that person is Illidan cause he kicks ass and no way would he of died that easily to arthas.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
illdan got that god damn panda blade sigh on his blade. That gay.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No way thats not gay it kicks ass cause its combining the two collest things ever panda and illidan you cant go wrong with that.