Help with CSS [wont let me play...]

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
okay here goes:

originaly i had Sprint DSL on my old Emachine, connected directly to my DSL modem via usb adaptor/network card. i played CS on it and everything worked fine.

eventually i got my new computer, this was put into my room, and i bought a router for it so i could have the internet on it as well. well i started experiencing weird things, CS worked fine, but then i bought CSS and it would only let me play whenever it wanted to it seems...

when i would try to play it wouldnt let me, it would let me see the server list, but once i try to join a server the ping on it woudl jump from whatever it was [nromally no more than 200 at most] to 1.2k+, and my net would freeze up for a good 30 minutes. well after a -LOT- of tech support from sprint, i finally got it working, but hten lo and behold, i had a power surge in my hosue, frying my router.

now i am back to square one, i had to change a setting in the router to get it to work properly, and now i dont have a router, i can only connect to the net via directly to the modem,a nd its doing the "ill work when -i- want to work" thing again

i havnt been able to play CSS all day, it keeps doing this to me

has anyone had this experience before? anyoen find a fix for it?

ive tried and tried and tried, my ISP tech support doesnt know anything,t here all ****ing morons and im basically on my own.

ive tried disabling the firewall on my computer and forwarding all needed ports for steam, ive tried completley re-installing steam and its games [CSS and CS] and neither of them are working properly [they bothw ork when they want to]

ive tried joining different servers, they do the same thing to me whenever they feel like, i can play for 3 hours,t hen ill try toj oin a new server and itll freeze my net, or even try rejoining the same server because of whatever reason.

CS and CSS both do this, and im getting fed up with it, i made this new computer for gaming, and now i cant game on it, lil help?