Help me play

F

freeman36

Ok i want to play with my friend but he cant play online. He has a modem and evrything but it just wount let him on. So my question is there another way he can play with me.
Thx in advance

~freeman36~

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Are you talking about a cable modem or a phone-line modem?

F

freeman36

Yeah he and me have a modem and yes we do connect first then try to play. Can someone tell me how to do that thing that crookedfoot said. I will greatly appriciate it!

~Freeman36~

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
freeman, i used to play modem games ALL the time when i was a newb, before i found out about Battle.Net.

So, firstly both of you must NOT be on the internet. You should both know each others modem numbers (It's different to your landline number and it can be found in your telephone directory), if you can only find out one persons modem number, then that is fine.
Let's say that your friend knows your number, but you don't know his, and either does he. So, you go to 'Modem' in Multiplayer and click 'Create Game', you can then choose a Map and then it'll open up a screen that is similar to where you enter a chat screen for a game in B.Net. All you have to do now is wait for your friend to click 'Join a Game', enter you modem number, then he'll be in your game. It's that simple.
Once you've finished playing your game, and you want to play another, just click 'Create Game' and create another, then just wait for him again. You'll get used to it.

Hope that helps, if you don't understand, then say so :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You could tell your friend to buy SC, or you could either do what Renzokuken said, if you have dial-up, or you could install SC spawn on his computer.

Spawn is a way to play multiplayer SC up to 8 players only with one CD key. All you have to do is to install SC in your computer, then install spawn on his computer with the same key. Then, you go to b.net and he can join the games you create, but no other.